• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The "Find a song by the lyrics you remember" Thread!

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2012
    Ever have that song you want to listen to again but you didnt quite catch its name? Do you remember a small part of the song? Lyric search engines not doing jack to help you out? Then this is the thread for you!

I needed help finding a song that I doubt anyone has heard before but I thought it'd be worth a shot to try here and might as well make a general topic for others having this dilemma.

So my request is the following.
    It was kind of a country-ish song from what I remember with alot of that fast paced country song guitar. It was a song about two lovers, both singing but not that usual country lovey dovey BS, it was more of a crazy lovers type of thing, for some reason I got a bonney and clyde feel. Anyways I just remember the last part where it's telling the story of how the girl fell and was bleeding heavily and he says something like "As I drove you to the hospital that day...and you smoked what you thought would be your last cigarette i realized something that day. " and the womans like "Whats that?"
    "I realized that I loved you"
    and shes all like "Awwwh! I love you too :D"

...It was a pretty weird song. It'd help if I remembered the peoples names, they say it in the song. I dont remember where I heard it since I was switching stations between my usual favorites without listening. I doubt it was one of the hip hop or rap stations, so it was probably a light rock station, which makes me believe its an older song. Any Idea what the hell im talking about :)?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Is this your song?

Him: Jade
    Her: Alexander
    Him: Do you remember that day you fell out of my window?
    Her: I sure do, you came jumping out after me
    Him: Well, you fell on the concrete, nearly broke your ass, you were bleeding all over the place and I rushed you out to the hospital, you remember that?
    Her: Yes, I do
    Him: Well, there's something I never told you about that night
    Her: What didn't you tell me?
    Him: While you were sitting in the backseat smoking a cigarette you thought was going to be your last, I was falling deep, deeply in love with you, and I never told you until just now

No one will probably be able to find this, but I've been looking for this song for a few years now. It's from the 50s or something, I saw it in a video my US History teacher showed us, and I believe the name was "You can't get a man with your brain", it was about how women shouldn't try to go to school or anything because you can't get a man with your brain.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2012
    Toujours you are an angel. Thank you!!

I knew the name had something to do with Home, but I didn't think I had it right on the money. I feel like an idiot .Best of luck on your search.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Toujours you are an angel. Thank you!!

I knew the name had something to do with Home, but I didn't think I had it right on the money. I feel like an idiot .Best of luck on your search.

No problem, it just took some creative searching xD

I discovered with my new searching skills that this 50s song is mentioned like twice on the internet. It was exactly what I thought, it's called what I thought and it's from 50s television pushing "domestic sciences". I doubt anyone knows anything more about it than the two essays that mention it in passing, but if anyone does let me know x]

Back