• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pokemon consequences

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
Years
Hm... let me think.

I believe it wouldn't be that different from the world we live in now. I mean, some pokemon would be pets, some would be in zoos or in circuses/shows, and the majority of them would be wild pokemon. I would assume that powerful, wild pokemon would be too dangerous for humans of today to catch, and would either be left alone or killed. Wild pokemon wouldn't randomly burn things and kill people because they would be like regular animals; afraid of the might and wrath of humans. What chance would a Pikachu have against a machine gun? >.>

In the area of bad guys gaining control of powerful pokemon; honestly you guys, a huge bomb would be easier to handle than a fleet of Charizard. @_@ So I really don't think things would be much different.

Tsugaru

Twilight
Years
i highly doubt that gastly ect where haunt they to affriad to come out to humans where do u see a pidgey just come and land on ashs shoulder...?there would be evil people like team aqua ect but we cant help that there will always be evil in the world but i really wished they where real

Years
Let's see. Well, considering Electrode are used as a POWE SOURCE for the entire Kansai region of Japan (aka, Johto), and considering they explode just for the sake of exploding...things WOULD get ugly ;x

OH! And if anyone can logicly explain to me how Porygon could exists (it can send itself into 'cyberspace' and is made entire of programing code? That gives an entire new meaning to 'object-oriented' programing >_>), please enlighten me ;)

And did breeding ever come to mind? I still wonder how in the heck Tyrouge comes out of an egg...or how theres female Machamp for that matter >_>

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
Years
Well, what I say....

If Pokémon had been real from the start, things would be more different than you all are assuming. The thing is, you need more than just your own cleverness to survive in a world full of fire-breathing, lightning-conjuring, weather-controlling monsters that see you as easy prey. Humans would need to have learned to befriend Pokémon before simply being wiped out, and obviously, Pokémon weren't going to befriend them for nothing. Human greed might not have developed so much because of the dire necessity they'd have for respecting their Pokémon, and they might have spent their time inventing Pokéballs instead of machine guns and a PC storage system instead of atomic bombs.

But we really can't know what it would be like.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
Years
Probably, but what if the "start" was our present time? Would it have taken a million billion kazillion more years to befriend them?

Natsuki

.bluefang.
Years
Well if Pokemon really existed, I highly doubt they'd go on a rampage about the land. XD Remember that Pokemon are naturally gentle and compassionate creatures. They'd prefer to work together than to pick a fight. So if Pokemon really existed I don't think they'd start burning down buildings and killing things. XD;

~Kelsey

Memory

let's waste time ✖
Years
now i have more knowledge ^_________^ lol well, its all true, and i agree with light azummuril, yeah, yeah.

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
What I think: I assume the world would be quite chaotic.

While developed countries would have some sort of military force to resist the destructive powers of Pokemon, developing countries would be like after a nuclear war. There would be a "everyone for themselves" kind of policy.

People might try to tame Pokemon for their own advantage, but without Pokeballs to trap them, I highly doubt it.

Bluestar Jet

Aqua Destruction...
Years
it would still be hard to evolve, though, (much harder) becase the games are unrealistic (come on, battling 36 wurmples makes a torchic evolve? psst).

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2015
Just imagine if Pokemon could be caught today, in the state the world is in. There would be dictators and political leaders using them not only for experiments, but to take over other countries. We'd have World War III on our hands. They could very well replace humans as the soldiers of the future, kind of like the way it is in Pokemon...

And then, as intelligent as Pokemon are, what if they were influenced by this and decided to take back the world that 'rightfully belongs' to them? What would stop creatures capable of leveling entire cities without breaking a sweat?

Memory

let's waste time ✖
Years
poor pokemon, poor earth, although it would be better than it is now; bombs, brrown cloud- we could ride on pokemon-etc..

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
Years
Just yesterday in the Red Gyrados episode, the thing practically destroyed a lot of Mahogany town.

Imagine one destroying New York... O.O TOTAL CHAOS!

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
Supreme Edgeboy Max said:
Just yesterday in the Red Gyrados episode, the thing practically destroyed a lot of Mahogany town.

Imagine one destroying New York... O.O TOTAL CHAOS!
A few T-tars in NY...

Destroyed buildings and tons of sand = Day After Tommorow (with sand)

SleepyGomamon

I do NOT taste like ramen
Years
That kind of destruction would be a BEST case scenario. There would be countless rogue groups using pokemon like Kadabra to steal private information and national secrets, groups using Gastly and such for covert assassinations, Magnemites to scramble computer systems and people using Koffing and Grimers to blight crops and ruin water supplies.
Real life people are simply far more evil than those in the pokemon universe, do the chaos that would happen in our world is almost unbelievable.

Back