• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • And this doesn't need a thread of its own, please only showcase atleast 4 or more sprites when making a thread centering around sprite work.

I'll move this to the Spriters Discussion.

~Moved

maxxa

ice pokemon pwn
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2011
    my second red/blue revamp tentacruel:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    mine

all the revamping these days made me wunt to make some here they r
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Spriters Showcase Thread

there both red/blue revamps

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    maxxa said:
    can i have some more comments?
    You also landed yourself in the deep end by over dithering, it doesen't look right on Gengar, change that and it'll be pretty good.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • My boy Vaati's correct. The dithering in the crotch (o.O) region just looks awful there. Other than the over-dithering I have no real complaints. The left arm looks a tiny bit awkward, but meh...that could just be me. It looks like it was shaded off or something. -_-

Years
  • AnDrOmAn said:
    Those scratches look like they took a lot of time to make. Here's one of the first scratches i made:
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    it;s ok for a scratch i guess...
    To be honest, I couldn't tell what those were supposed to be at first... ^^;

Anyways, the colors are fine, though the red/purple areas could use some shading. I see shading in the lighter areas, but not those colors; or if it's there, then it can't really be seen. Perhaps some shading would help bring things out more, and better show what the sprite's supposed to be. As well, for the mane, the shading needs to be less...linear, I guess; if it followed the shape of the mane, instead of looking like a simple gradient, it might look more natural.

Might also want to try making the darkest shades a little darker, just to bring them out more.

Jake said:
    all the revamping these days made me wunt to make some here they r
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Spriters Showcase Thread

there both red/blue revamps
    If they're revamps, then they need less black in their outlines. Take a look at the outlines of third-gen sprites, and see how they work; basically, wherever there are lighter areas on a sprite there'll be a lighter outline color (than black, though it'll usually be a darker version of the color that's being outlined).

♥Naomi♥ said:
    Before:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

After:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

yep. buoysel's colors fixed and shading fixed.

edit: yay!500th post!
    Buoysel~ (love that little guy)

Not much to say about those except that I'm not sure if using that dot of lighter blue in its eye really works. :/ In my opinion, it'd look better if that was taken out or moved down to the bottom (and the other blue put in its place).

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Deka said:
    Here are my revamps:
    (In my sig)

please rate */10
    No offence but the shading on Scizor is all wrong, the style uses a lightsource from the top left, you seem to use three, none of which are the correct one. You have one from the lower right, one from the top right, and one from the lower left. You should sort that out.

Androman: They're very nice for your first scratches, I quite like the design, very original, I suggest a better contrast in your pallete, more shading, and a little more anti anilysing around the chin region. I also suggest you change the shading aproach on the mane.

Naomi: Heh, I like your work, although you went a little over kill with the colours on your scratch Lucario and Peppreu (spelling?) Anyways, I thank you for claning up the Diamond/ Pearl screens, although I persona;lly dislike the sprites they've released. (Maybe re do Manyula's backsprite?)

Roy-Kun

t i t l e g o e s h e r e
    Years
  • Deka said:
    Here are my revamps:
    (In my sig)

please rate */10

Those are nice revamps, the shading looks good.

I would say... 7/10? Because as i see, the shading could turn out even better, let's take a check:

Spriters Showcase Thread

It could be me, but the Ho-Oh lacks of shading? Try using one more colour on the shading, draw the parts of it if there are not in the original sprite.

Scizor's, i hope that you used the original colours, because i have to agree with Vaati, somehow...

I know that no one will comment on these, but i'll post em' anyway.

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Roy as a Knight Lord (it looks like a reemplacement of Eliwood anyways >>)

Spriters Showcase Thread
    And a custom Ranger - Lord Battle Sprites/Face Sprites i recoloured-made.

Still, i'll say no one will comment on these, since i guess that people arround are more used to Pokémon sprites, this forum is more than that, you should know, is not 100% Pokémon.

Last edited:

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    ♥Naomi♥ said:
    Before:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

After:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

yep. buoysel's colors fixed and shading fixed.

edit: yay!500th post!

it doesnt have blue eyes, his eyes are a simple black

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • Red-Kun, I love your ranger sprite. I have always tried to edit a FE sprite, but it jsut seems way too hard for me. Can't really comment since i can not even come clsoe to doing what you can do.

Years
  • Er, sorry. But please have atleast 4 sprites ready if you are to showcase your sprites in a seperate threads. Otherwise showcasing below the required amount must only be at the Spriters Showcase thread, therefore I'll move this.

~Moved

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    trainer

i decided to make a trainer sprite rate it plz 1 to 10
    Spriters Showcase Thread

i used 4 different trainers norman,magma grunt, physic, and that juggler

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back