• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which unevolved Electric Rodent is stronger?

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
Years
  • Yep.. so which one? I don't know if there's more, but the options I can think of so far are Minun, Plusle and Pikachu.. And perhaps not forgetting Pichu too..

My choice would be Pikachu.. what about you peeps out there? XD

enyce

banned
    Years
  • Definatley Plusle...when you look at stats Plusle is almost as strong as Raichu. So Plusle ftw. Unless pikachu is holding the light ball

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
  • wow... I didn't know that Plusle's stats is as strong as Raichu.. cool. No wonder people say its much stronger than Minun.. o.O

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Statistically, Plusle and Minun are actually tied, but they're both much stronger than Pikachu, who is, of course, stronger than Pichu.

enyce

banned
    Years
  • tmbjr said:
    Statistically, Plusle and Minun are actually tied, but they're both much stronger than Pikachu, who is, of course, stronger than Pichu.

WRONG!!!!!

Plusle has more attack and special attack than minun. Then with Minun it has more defense and special defense.

Plusle is only five points weaker than Raichu in the Sp.attk department. And five points off in speed. Raichu is still more powerful then them both. But attack is not important because its dumb to put physical moves on either one. (Except Focus punch on rai) But Raichu doesnt count....

Pikachu, Pichu and Minun are the weakest. Because having Plusles Attack stats as your defensive doesnt really save you...

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Pikachu. Reasoning... two words: Light Ball. A Pikachu with a Light Ball only has a few points less Sp.Atk than Kyogre. Now throw in Thunderbolt, Surf and Hidden Power [ICE] and you'll have a killer.

But without items, I would have to say Plusle. That thing can be surprisingly annoying with Thunderbolt, Hidden Power [ICE]/Encore, Substitute and Baton Pass. And its speed and Sp.Atk aren't really that bad either.

enyce

banned
    Years
  • Smarties-kun said:
    Pikachu. Reasoning... two words: Light Ball. A Pikachu with a Light Ball only has a few points less Sp.Atk than Kyogre. Now throw in Thunderbolt, Surf and Hidden Power [ICE] and you'll have a killer.

I dont see the point of HP ice other than grass types...I would use HP fire. Because surf already wastes ground and rock types. HP fire grass (what HP ice for)...Seeing Ice is a waste. Since you got flying and ground covered already.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I was taking overall base stats in consideration in my previous post, not their allocation. Mainly because I couldn't recall them off the top of my head...it's been a while since I've studied these numbers.

enyce

banned
    Years
  • tmbjr said:
    I was taking overall base stats in consideration in my previous post, not their allocation. Mainly because I couldn't recall them off the top of my head...it's been a while since I've studied these numbers.

Me too, I went to serebii.net so I could correct information. lol...

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I dont see the point of HP ice other than grass types...I would use HP fire. Because surf already wastes ground and rock types. HP fire grass (what HP ice for)...Seeing Ice is a waste. Since you got flying and ground covered already.
    HP [ICE] LOLs at Salamence and Flygon. It's that simple.

enyce

banned
    Years
  • Smarties-kun said:
    HP [ICE] LOLs at Salamence and Flygon. It's that simple.

Curses on double weaknesses...

Its a shame really light ball doesnt work on the likes of Raichu, Jolteon, Magneton and Electabuzz. Then we would really have some serial killers

Capricorn

Pokecommunity Maniac
    Years
  • Pikachu, when pikachu has Lightball attatched to it it's special attack it has the highest special attack (yes, higher than alakazam) in the non-uber metagame (Kyogre, latias, etc).

In this case, lol, thunderbolt will lol at Salamence OHKO with STAB and the bosted special attack, I think lol. Definetly the strongest if you want to include items.

That was also a reason to use Pikachu over Raichu lol.

Flonne~

...changed again xD
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 8, 2006
    enyce said:
    Its a shame really light ball doesnt work on the likes of Raichu, Jolteon, Magneton and Electabuzz. Then we would really have some serial killers

Agree with that...

as for the topic , I vote for Plusle , for the reasons that enyce said. :3

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
  • pokemaster7 said:
    minum definitly(plusle and minum has the same stats ,but plusles defence and special defence are lower than minum's, so i dont get why people say plusle is better)

Yup, I agree with you.. There were two reasons why I went to catch Minun:
    1) It's blue (my fav colour)
    2) I saw its stats in the Pokemon GB Guidebook and indeed, the Defense of Minun is higher than Plusle; the rest of the stats- the same as the other

so I am doubtful about this issue as well.. ahh, and hence this thread :P

enyce

banned
    Years
  • Capricorn said:
    Pikachu, when pikachu has Lightball attatched to it it's special attack it has the highest special attack (yes, higher than alakazam) in the non-uber metagame (Kyogre, latias, etc).

In this case, lol, thunderbolt will lol at Salamence OHKO with STAB and the bosted special attack, I think lol. Definetly the strongest if you want to include items.

That was also a reason to use Pikachu over Raichu lol.

Back in GSC light ball worked for the whole pikachu family. Shame it isnt like that no more..

Light Ball pikachu packs more special attack than Alakazam. But Pikachu isnt out running Alakazam (especially timid). Alakazam would OHKO pikachu due to lackluster special defense. Unless Agility is being baton passed. Pikachu cant out run the big boys.

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
  • Sense the question is "Which unevolved Electric Rodent is stronger?", I would have to say Plusle. If the question was "Which unevolved Electric Rodent is tougher?", then it would be Minun. Also they really should have kept the Light Ball for the whole Pikachu family and not just Pikachu.

Back