• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No Story?

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2007
People told me that there is no story in Pokemon: BR, is that true?
because i love the story in COllsuem and XD.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 16, 2020
Nope, no story. Battle Revolution isn't considered to be a Colloseum-like game, but more like a port from the N64 games, Stadium. Remember when you just imported your GB Pokémon over to the N64 and battle? Yeah, that's pretty much it.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
which makes the game a little less exciting in my opinion, but there is wifi connection which makes it a little better, I wish it still were to be like Colosseum and XD

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 16, 2020
which makes the game a little less exciting in my opinion, but there is wifi connection which makes it a little better, I wish it still were to be like Colosseum and XD

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Well, Stadium was the same and it didn't stop it from selling like mad crazy delicious hotcakes.

Besides, we shouldn't even consider it game, but more of a 3D version of battling with your D/P creatures online.

Ethan621

Wait, what?
Years
I'd rather them put their efforts into a really cool-looking, great-working title that has solid online capabilities over a lackluster rehash of a Gamecube game with an equally lackluster story.

One thing at a time folks. We'll get a story mode on the next one.

Blank

Is there anybody in there?
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 15, 2010
D: Oh wow. If it seriously is more like Stadium 1 and 2, I might actually think of getting a Wii. How I loved those games, and was severely disappointed with Colosseum. Those mini-games in Stadium were so awesome. <3
It would be even better I think, if it was like a MMORPG. Hahaha, it would probably devour souls if that were so.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 16, 2020
Don't get overly excited though. XD PBR doesn't feature minigames.

Lunux

<-- My recolours!!!
Years
GGRRR! i loved those mini-games! but i do like the fact that you can transfer from GBA and maybe the ds most likely. pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 were awesome and i too was disappointed by Colloseum. XD was a bit better.

Blank

Is there anybody in there?
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 15, 2010
That's depressing. Guess I'll just mooch off my friend's copy then. Bwaha..

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2008
I loved the N64 stadium games they were brilliant, and if I remember correctly there was no story to them either. Just because it wont have a story doesn't mean it's going to be rubbish.

Death Rogers

Great Old One
Years
Meh. I wasn't really expecting a story.

But the only reson Collesseum had a story was so that you can obtain the Johto starters and some other Johto Pokemon like Houndoom as well as some really rare Hoenn Pokemon like Absol. The only reason XD was made was because people demanded a sequel.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 16, 2020
Actually, there is a story, it's just 2 words, "Own everybody."

Priceless quote. XD

I've said this many times: If you want a story, buy Diamond or Pearl. Pokémon games on home consoles are principally made for better graphics, and they add stuff like the Cups and Leaders Castle.

Exactly. The GBA and DS games are there for a purpose. The Pokémon games for home consoles are just as, say, an "extension" to the portable frenzy.

The problem is that the graphics aren´t so good like that too...

Can you prove it? Do you really want Pokémon to look realistic as hell? I'm not sure, but doing a huge step like that certainly isn't good for the fanbase, and they had that in mind.

Lihinel

so what?
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2008
Ok so NO Storyline (like Colloseum or XD) and NO Minigames (like Stadium)?

This sucks...

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
Years
Can you prove it?
I created a topic about that! XD

Do you really want Pokémon to look realistic as hell? I'm not sure, but doing a huge step like that certainly isn't good for the fanbase, and they had that in mind.
No, but think about it, using Pokemon Stadium 3D models in a Wii game is ridiculous. (it´s similar to put Gold/Silver sprites in Diamond/Pearl games)
And besides Zelda fans don´t wanted Link to be realistic as hell,
but now they love the new realistic Link!

Ok so NO Storyline (like Colloseum or XD) and NO Minigames (like Stadium)?

This sucks...
There´s a lack of many features but looks like a good game, but i bet
you´ll get tired of it fast because of the lack of features.

Back