• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has anyone ever noticed?

Azonic

hello friends
Years
  • Ya just noticed that?

All the professors were named after trees

All the cities in Kanto are named after colors(except Pallet, which is the Paint Pallet)

Snowpoint City is shaped like a snowflake.

all that jazz

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    I think that D/P are just random, unless somone can think of somthing that Pastoria City and Snowpoint City have in common, then it's just random

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Olivine isn't olive oil, it's an olive tree. All towns in G/S/C are tree/plant references, similar to the proffessors. (In the original Japanese, the professors are all named after flowers, btw. Or at least, Oak is Orchid-Hakase.) Anyway, the I think the pattern for D/P and R/S/E is objects found in or references to nature. Of course, Jubilife City flies right in my face and slaps it silly after this statement, so maybe they've decided to break up the pattern, or at least make it harder to figure out. :/

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
  • Heh, you're a bit late, but who am I to talk? I only recently figured out Ash's last name 'Ketchum' was really 'Catch em' in disguise. xD

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    Heh, you're a bit late, but who am I to talk? I only recently figured out Ash's last name 'Ketchum' was really 'Catch em' in disguise. xD

lol, i figured that out only a year ago, there are probaly a fair amount of things that are linked together, we just need to find them

Back