• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon UK- Ideas and Comments please

Status
Not open for further replies.

President Showaddywaddy

Eevee Trainer
Years
Hi there, I'm the bloke who's writing the Pokemon UK story.

One thing. No one's commenting!:disappoin I mean, it can't be that bad, so come on, post a comment.

Also, I'm open to suggestions as to where the story goes, and what happens,and even 'one off' characters, possibly even outside the UK.(Not the South, anywhere but the South:badsmile:)

Rosefrost

Alright, who put that there?!
Years
Hi there, I'm the bloke who's writing the Pokemon UK story.

One thing. No one's commenting!:disappoin I mean, it can't be that bad, so come on, post a comment.

Also, I'm open to suggestions as to where the story goes, and what happens,and even 'one off' characters, possibly even outside the UK.(Not the South, anywhere but the South:badsmile:)
Your story is awesome!!! It gets better with every chapter! ^_^ (I've read every chapter, I've just never got around to commenting, but I think I'll start now.) But anyways, I'm a big fan of "Pokemon UK" You're a really good writer, and I hope you'll make more chapters. (And whats wrong with the south?:'() P.S. want to be buds?^_^

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 3, 2008
rite

first off.. i just wanna say i really like the story,,,

but.. it isnt perfect.. i dont like the plot.. i mean.. there isnt really any end in sight,, is there?

President Showaddywaddy

Eevee Trainer
Years
I am used to writing ongoing things therefore I will write an ongoing thing. I hate that feeling at the end of a good book, that you've lost something. I chose to get rid of that option by making the story very long. (Honestly, even I'm not sure when/where it will end).

Sorry if you're not used to ongoing stories, but it's how I work.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Ongoing stories are all right. In fact, as a bedtime story when I was younger, I used to imagine adventures staring myself that wouldn't end. It's fun to never think of the "end" of any story, which I guess stems from the fact that as a whole, humans fear death, the end of the story of life.

But with fanfiction, you might want to think about actually having an end. You can write as long as you want, but at some point, enough is enough, and it comes time to end. How long can your characters keep traveling for before you run out of adventures for them to have? They will come a time when your readers and yourself will feel that it's time to move on and so you'll have to write "The End" at some point.

Though, go ahead and write that epic length fanfic. Like I said, you can stretch on the story for years, but don't force it. I think that you'll find that the story itself will tell you when it's time to close it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back