• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

+ Pidgie's Pokemon Scribbles +

pigeon-wing

Ninja-kitty! :3
Years
  • + Pidgie's Pokemon Art +

Exactly what the title says - my little nook in the Pokecommunity to share my little scribbles with all you happy people. :) Some of them are rather old, dating way back to my elementary school years, so I will warn you that some of this may be quite hazardous to your eyesight. ;3 I'll just update this first post with new works when necessary.

+ Finished Works +​

Jovan - (2007) A picture of my friend's trainer, Jovan, with her surfing Pikachu. :3
    Persian Gijinka - (2007) My most famous Pokemon picture, which really doesn't say much, considering I'm not famous to begin with. Nevertheless, it's my most popular Pokemon picture. This is my personal contribution to the gijinka Pokedex on DeviantArt. I think that, as humans, Persians would be quite mafia-like, considering Giovanni's ownership of a Persian. :3
    Sleeping With the Feebas - (2007) A newer and quite rushed picture of my Persian Gijinka, for a contest. I prefer the old one. :P The trainer is Miri, who belongs to Minjii.
    Chibi Lita and Nero - (2006) A chibi of my Pokemon trainer in her old design, with her signature Pokemon.

+ Decrepit and/or Unfinished Works+​

Old Trainer Design - (2007) A hurried picture of my Pokemon trainer, Lita, in order to request a picture of her. Her design has changed somewhat; I'll draw an updated reference sheet when I have the time.
    Baby Vaporeon - (199?) Woah, this one is many years old, but way back when I was still on MediaMiner, this was the only picture I ever got comments on.
    Fakemon: Aquahorn - (199?) One of the assignments back in 5th grade was to create a Pokemon, and this is the one I submitted. It's still my favorite out of all the Fakemon I created during that time... I'll probably revamp it someday. It's Water/Ice.
    Fakemon: Thorneon - (199?) The Grass evolution of Eevee.
    Fakemon: Snorkel - (199?) Basically, a fire porcupine. Nintendo stole this idea from me in order to create Cyndaquil, I'm sure.
    Fakemon: Keaton - (199?) This is an astoundingly clever rip off of the Keatons from the Legend of Zelda series.
    Fakemon: Puffalump - (199?) Something like a Jigglypuff; the pre-evolution of Fluffalump.
    Fakemon: Fluffalump - (199?) Something like Wigglytuff; the evolution of Puffalump.

Last edited:

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    These are very cool. Extremally professional looking.

pigeon-wing

Years
  • Haha, I'm going to go ahead and assume you're referring to the post-90s work, but thanks nevertheless. ;3 I want to try and imitate Ken Sugimori's or maybe even the anime's style sometime.

The missing baby Vaporeon image was uploaded. :3

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I want to try and imitate Ken Sugimori's or maybe even the anime's style sometime.

Nononononono. Do not do this. Unless you have no interest at all in bettering yourself as an artist EVER, reject any notions you may have about 'style' immediately. I would probably steer clear of anime in general, because then all your work will just be a bastardization of other styles, and it will blend in with the kabillion-jillion-squillion-infinity other 'anime-characters-smiling-and-looking-cute' drawings that plague the universe. Learn how to draw people realistically first, and then worry about style later, as that will come naturally. Your coloring skills are lovely, it's just that your drawings themselves are just utterly stale because it's just the same old stuff we're used to seeing and it brings absolutely nothing new to the table.

Don't take this to mean that you aren't talented. It's the fact that you do seem to be talented that makes it that much more important that you get yourself on the right track. In the field of art, anime is a sand trap. Don't stay in this rut.

pigeon-wing

Years
  • I want to try and imitate Ken Sugimori's or maybe even the anime's style sometime.

Nononononono. Do not do this. Unless you have no interest at all in bettering yourself as an artist EVER, reject any notions you may have about 'style' immediately. I would probably steer clear of anime in general, because then all your work will just be a bastardization of other styles, and it will blend in with the kabillion-jillion-squillion-infinity other 'anime-characters-smiling-and-looking-cute' drawings that plague the universe. Learn how to draw people realistically first, and then worry about style later, as that will come naturally. Your coloring skills are lovely, it's just that your drawings themselves are just utterly stale because it's just the same old stuff we're used to seeing and it brings absolutely nothing new to the table.

Don't take this to mean that you aren't talented. It's the fact that you do seem to be talented that makes it that much more important that you get yourself on the right track. In the field of art, anime is a sand trap. Don't stay in this rut.

Thanks for the advice! I didn't mean that I was going to adopt his style permanently, though; I just wanted to see if I could imitate it. As for anime style itself, it's more for fun and stress relief for me, but I know what you mean when you compare it to a sand trap. I checked out some books on anatomy before coming back home, so as to start from the basics and work my way from there (and, thanks to holiday break, I've time to get back to watercolor and sketching from life, yay). I'm also taking a basic art course next semester to fulfill a requirement, but hopefully I'll be able to take more art electives in the future. Although I'm steering clear of an art-related career, I agree with you in that it's important to work from a solid foundation before attempting anything stylistic (even regarding little Pokemon scribbles), so I will take your advice to heart. Thanks again! :)

Back