• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Task Bar

Goten Shy

K a w a i i
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 24, 2004
    That little tast bar along the bottem with all the stuff next to the clock, how do you change the tasks that run there casue my computer is really slowing down XD Help please

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • What do you mean? If you don't want the programs there, then right click and close them. o.O;

And have you run a spyware/adware check for the slowness?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I think you can go to Start -> Run and type in "msconfig". There should be a Startup tab or something there from which you can choose which programs to load when you start your computer.

Of course, I have close to no idea what I'm talking about, so... if it doesn't work, ask someone who does know. <_<

Goten Shy

K a w a i i
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 24, 2004
    Thanx Lighting that sorta help, but i think ill have to hunt down my spywear software XD :P

Goten Shy

K a w a i i
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 24, 2004
    I used Windows Waser. I got rid of 2.6GB there and then, and everytime i log on now im getting rid of 1MB, although my IE is still slwo which is evil since aol is bad and wont let me access the admin cneter on my forum XD Oh well.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Well, glad to see that you've got most of your problems
    dealt with. I was tampering with an old ASM program made
    by myself, but I couldn't remember what the program does and
    couldn't interpret the source code itself! So I messed with it a
    bit, compiled it and then it releases a virus on my system.
    Then it says "Remember not to tamper with stuff you don't know!
    By, *my name*"
    Anyway, got to sort that out now.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • LOL, teaches you not to play with viruses right? XD

Maybe you should comment your code next time... it's odd, I have things I programmed three years ago (I was really good at it back then) and now I look at them and I have no idea how I did them XD. I comment everything now XD.

Oh, and Greg - here's a cough drop.

IceKitten

Sneasel! Ice Beam!
    Years
  • Hey thx Lightning! I might be able to stop my Firewall from running!!!!!!!

Or maybe it will block my connection with the internet *checks it out* O.O

EDIT: No no naaaaaw ;-;

Last edited:

perthskies

Nostalgic
    Years
  • Goten Shy, regarding your first problem with the programs along your taskbar, you can try Lightning's suggestion with the 'msconfig' utility. Also, I would suggest you removing the programs that you don't use. If you find yourself closing the same programs over and over at the taskbar, perhaps you don't have any need for it anymore.

Tig, what firewall are you using? You could try uninstalling it, or disabling it. It depends really what firewall you use.

Back