• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waudby

Wow, an earthquake happened after you acessesd the data. 2 questions.
1. Does this region often have earthquakes? If it is, then I love this game.
2. Why your Totodile is LV 100? Did you use cheats?

The region is now starting to have frequent earthquakes and part of the storyline will explain why.

The totodile is level 100 because i put him that level just for debug reasons.

@ Captain Arcane: I'll zip it up and upload it for everyone's use. And post a download link.

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

the game is coming along very nicely. ^_^
do you already have a sprite for prof uing?
i dont recall seeing it.

o, the text during the battles (on the status bar) seems kinda light. you may wanna darken it a bit.

Waudby

Right, I'm having a time now where things for the demo are all coming together, Captain Arcane has tested out the demo environment, not in the order it would happen in game but he says the systems work well.

But I don't think there's enough to show in the demo.

So what features would people like to see added to the game, and I'll add them if I can.

I just wanna release the best demo I can.

wildarms001

Random Supporter
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
just add some new attacks with animation and have pokes d/p in the game :D and also hope you can add some great fakemon :D and especially making a long demo :D gudluck

Waudby

I've added a new feature for the demo..... Honey.

It will not be like the honey feature in D/P. This is more of a collecting effort and then you get your reward.

Honey will be collected from the Honey trees this time around.

After you collect 5 pieces of honey, you can return to the Honey man, who will take the Honey and use it to find a wild Pokémon.

The Pokémon he finds is entirely randomly selected out of a list of Pokémon, each with their own chance of being caught.

The level the Pokémon is, will be based on an average of your current party Pokémon.

screenshot200805161048500771.png

Quick Screen shot of the Honey Man giving you the Honey Bag.

EDIT: 5 more screens showing how to get the Honey:

screenshot200805161355520929.png
screenshot200805161355540811.png
screenshot200805161356420441.png

If you've already taken the Honey that day:

screenshot200805161355270862.png
screenshot200805161355290325.png

EDIT: Two More screen shots of when you receive a Pokémon from the Honey Man:
screenshot200805161251130411.png
screenshot200805161251160343.png

Also, I'm now fixing up the introduction the a new game, I have had all the text and stuff sorted for a while, just needed to fix the images and animations in it.

screenshot200805161003410676.png

Last edited:

Archayos

THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T
Years
Love the idea of Honey, Waudby. Like I've said on many occasions, this is one of the three games that I'm desperately awaiting a demo for.
Also, I love how you've recolored the DP grass tile. The real eye-piercing colors don't look good in 2D, so yeah.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Yeah, I'm also looking forward to a demo of this game. I've only ever played one fan game in Sphere, so I'm looking forward to seeing how you got on with it. This game looks the part. I don't like the D/P character sets though. kyledove made the tiles in "advanced" style. Meaning 16by16 pixels. The D/P character sets are bigger then advanced (i think even the width is like 17 pixels) so it looks odd going through a 16 by 16 door (yeah, I messed around with those tiles too lol). But that is really minor. Like really really minor and nobody will care man.
Plus, I remember you did have Kyledoves "lucas" sprite- back around page 2 or 3 right- and people said keep the D/P style. (plus, i think I SAID KEEP THE D/P one. ha) I guess I havn't gotten over it.
I had a quick look over the thread (stress the word "quick") - didn't see much details on the trading system. Care to go into it a bit deeper for us? Like hows it work and will it be in the demo?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
From what I've heard about the trading system, it seems to be similar to the Mystery Gift system in my game... Basically, the Pokémon is turned into a file, which is then e-mailed etc to someone else, who then downloads it to their game.

Waudby

The way the trading system will work at the moment is, the game will create a file for you, which you exchange with a friend and then loaded into the game.

The file will have enclosed your player id so that you can't change which pokemon you get or accidentally import you own back into the game lol.

The system will be like that until I figure out how to do it over the internet than the trading feature will be online.

At the moment, I have not implemented it into the demo.

I could implement it quite easily though.

So if trading is something that people want in the demo.

Say now, if people post saying they want it, I'll add it.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Trading now in the demo. But what pokemon will you hand out? And can we trust you with our files? Nah kiddin put it in I wanna see how many trades are possible! And love the honey. God its up there with amethyst/lost world/acanthite.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
This is looking really good, although it bothers the crap out of me that you aren't making the indoors D/P-style too. If you look on The Spriters Resource there are ripped maps that will help you out.

Waudby

This is looking really good, although it bothers the crap out of me that you aren't making the indoors D/P-style too. If you look on The Spriters Resource there are ripped maps that will help you out.

I don't really like the indoor tiles of D/P but if it is general agreement that people want D/P indoors I will upgrade them.

Merovin

Dragon Master!
Years
Still coming along beautifully.

Gonna break my jaw the amount it drops whilst looking at this thread.
Can't wait for the demo.
Don't rush it though.
Release it when your happy with it.

I know it will be worth the wait!

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Yeah! I'm looking forward to see your PokeDex!
Keep it up! I like your battle screens too!

Waudby

Surprise for everyone!

I have been working hard getting the new battle system graphics sorted out.

You may find it looks rather familiar.

screenshot200805181723020467.png

Also my half finished pokedex system.

Just to show people I'm not lazy lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back