• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why is Berlitz now called Platina?

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
Years
  • It makes no sense; they should've just added a new character, like they did with Yellow, Emerald, and Crystal.

Wallace Berlitz

I'm back for lucks and givin'
    Years
  • I think you're not a proper fan, or you ask for fun?
    Berlitz is her last name as known as family name. And she didnt reveal her first name in the opening because there's no new third game for Diamond and Pearl so untill Platinum is out, Berlitz called Platinum now. But we often call her Platina because Platina is more girl name and from Japanese words, PURACHINA is the Japanese of Platinum so that's how her name is from... And it's stupid to create a new character. There's already Sinnoh Trio just Platina's name is hidden.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • [
    ~link smash~ said:
    So is now Platina Berlitz? That sounds much more appropiate then dia or pea.

I thought Dia and Pea was for the other two...what does that have to do with Berlitz?

daydreambeliever

Awkwardturtleshipping (L)
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    He was saying that Platina sounds better than the nickname's Diamond and Pearl have (Diamond's being Dia, Pearl's being Pea)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Exactly. i mean its more appealing and irony of ironies lady like. But plati could be good. only though when you say it as plateye.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • I like Platina the way it is, the shorter "Plat" sounds too close to "flat".

daydreambeliever

Awkwardturtleshipping (L)
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    Yes, but from my understanding of this, is that her name is most likely to be Platinum and everyone has given her the nickname of Platina because it sounds more feminine than Platinum does. So we wouldn't be making a nickname from Platina, as it is her nickname.

Not meaning to have a go at anyone, just making things clearer for myself.

Wallace Berlitz

I'm back for lucks and givin'
    Years
  • Kinda. But basically, Platina is Japanese. Because "Purcahina" and Platina are closed. Platinum is officially Berlitz's name. But calling her Platina is more nicer. I hope the Chuang Yi won't translate her name into Platinum... Platina is more female-ish name ;)

Back