• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Slow, Suave & Lethal... Poison Pokémon Fanclub!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
  • Korova: You're in!

I also like the Nidos the best. Nidoking is pure ownage :D

Besides them though, I also really like Koffing and Weezing design-wise they're G as hell! :pirate:

Years
  • MukRox

I Love muk soo much and poison pokemon also who would win Arbok vs Weezing vs Muk sorry about no pics my images page wont load up :(

MUK ROX I LOVE MUK MUK IS DA BEST MUK

my poison pokemon deck lvl 100 arbok muk weezing parasect victoreebel(howeva its spelt) and tentacruel thats my perfect poison team but really i think venamoth muk tentacruel venasaur nidoking and nidoqueen is also a good poison team i go with poison/other type pokemon so u have more chance of winning eg: muk vs rapidash is not as good a tentacruel vs rapidash or weezing vs golduck isnt as good as venasaur or victoreebel vs golduck ok VOTE 4 POISON POKEMON AS BEST TYPE

Last edited:

M@XWeru

Omnipresent Authority Figure
    Years
  • Parasect is not a poison pokémon. It is grass/bug. If a poison pokémon farts too near that thing, it dies.

I've got to join this.

I prefer Arbok to Seviper and Beedrill to Dustox, because cobras look way better than contorted, tacky, black tube-things with ice picks sticking out of their mouths, and (although I share Misty's overwhelming fear of bugs) Beedrills suit my sense of aesthetics better than Dustox. Spears for the win.

My favourite poision pokémon is Koffing!
    koffingjr9.jpg

I just had to sketch one out real quick, even if it turned out all messed up and wrong. D:

It is sad that it's so weak, but its design in pokémon red/blue was awesome. The series Koffing was 'meh', but they've been doing better in the newer games. Many of the first generation pokémon still look appealing to me today, particularly Nidoking, Koffing and Muk. Considering how the overall design of pokémon has been rapidly degrading since the first generation, it saddens me that Eevee never got a poison evolution.

Finally, it always pissed me off that almost all the first grass pokémon were grass/poison. I never liked being weak against psychic attacks. Alakazam used to be way too popular for that. D:

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • Ani015MS.png
    Beedrill v/s Dustox
    Ani269MS.png

Beedrill. It's Gen I. Got spears hence Twinneedle. Cool anime appearances (chases). And it cries "zuki" (in the Japanese version at least).
    I have to admit however I like Dustox's movepool WAAAAAY more. And it is a moth... a moth is always better than a wasp inside the house, right?

What is your favourite poison type pokemon/evolution family?
    Already said: Nidos (male). Can't express in words because of the word count limit per post. Was here that someone said "give a Nidoking Earthquake and it's unstoppable"?

Oh it's so nice to see at least somewhere else Nidos get love!

Nidoking is complete win (, but I'm happy with Nidorino for now... my very own personal Rival Beater. To a pulp. Thrice. :D

I always marvel at how much pain can a Nidorino endure, and then curse at Nintendo (note: the only reason I actually curse at them) because one can not actually pat one's Pokémon in the head and take them to a (Pokémon) restaurant or something after a battle. I mean, come on, Bag -> Full Restore -> Use and that's all?

I Laugh at your Misfortune! said:
    Damn, I forgot the gastly family. They are like, the gods of poison types

Oh Arceus! Gengar! That thing rocks! And he has got some good appearances at the anime... like Agatha's Gengar, that battle was real cool, with the snicker and the melt-into-flor thing! -- It's a shame you have to trade to get him, but, hey, the road to awesomeness is suposed to be steep, filled with Psychics and Steels, and only a few of us are already... escalating! :D --- And a good point with the god thing: there's no Poison-type Legendary yet!

@M@XWeru: although it's true that Eevee never got a Poison evolution, there's something done, albeit little, in the form of Umbreon. It is pure-Dark, but it is suppossed to, from the Pokédex entries, sweat poison and spray it when it feels endangered. Rare how it does not reflect in the games. Oh well, as long as the designs for 5th Gen are not absolutely f@ed up, wel should be seeing a Poison eeveelution. Yeah, and I am a Nintendo executive...

The only good thing about Grass+Poison is that it gives a Pokémon one 0.25× resistance (Grass), and that several overrated types (Dragon, Steel, Ground) do 1× damage. For everything else, it adds two weaknesses (but increases one resistance)... oh well at least we got to hit Steel-types.

The only two "good" type combinations for Poison seem to be Poison+Flying, which increases most of the resistances to 0.25× plus Ground-immunity, no 4× weakness, movepool advantage against two Poison-beaters (Fighting and Ground) and reduces one weakness to neutrality. But I don't remember ever being a Poison+Flying Pokémon... except for... oh my...

Are you ready?

Ta-da-dá....

The Zubat family!!!!!!! -- That's right, the Pokémon one always finds in a cave and wants to (usually) just past by! Welcome, fellow!

And the other is Poison+Ghost (Gastly...) with two immunities but 4 weaknesses and only two other resistances, one of them being Poison anyways... oh and good movelist against itself.

Let's be content not being Poison+Fighting (4× weakness to Psychic, M@XWeru!!!) and weakness to both Ground and Flying, plus movelist detriment against Ghost and Psychic... who's the unfortunate? ... let's see... the Croagunk line.

Oh and for the topics thing, hey, a question for everyone:

Time for a team (tag) double Battle. Who do you pair up your favourite Poison Pokémon with?

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2009
    My favorite poison Pokemon are muk and crobat muk is just a tank and crobat is just sneaky fast and awesome. but everyone forgets about Qwilfish he so unloved he has hardcore death spikes and a badass beat down tail im sure the little guy could cause some damage.

GrassPokemon

Grass Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • you could say i like poison cuz most grass pokemon are poison like venasaur hes in my party and hes grass/bug so is victreebell and vileplume is grass/poison so poison i say my second fav type so can i join da club?

hay i think servipor should have a evo and also servipor and qwilfish is the only few that are poison and dont have a evo

Last edited:

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • AAARRRGGH! What's happening guys? Let's not let our beloved fanclub slowly die of old age! Let's at least get it locked for excessive swearing, so we can go down fighting!

Now, lets kickstart this thread, so.......

Would you like to see a Poison-type baby pokemon, and if so, for what line?

Which Poison-type evolution line would you like to see expanded?

Which Poison-type would you pick as a starter?

Feline

Totodile Lover
    Years
  • i think grimer should have a baby pokemon a baby slime ball would be cute and i think Tentacruel should have a final form and it should be a giant squid as his final form

Years
  • I can kinda see where you're going with Grimer, but I think it would be good if it wass a puddle in the bottom half of an egg or something, seeing as Grimer and Muk already look pretty similar.

btw, I've made a banner, but I'm a bit of a n00b at GIMP so its not brilliant:

Poisonbanner.png

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • *poof-ing here so thread does not die*

Oh good to see there's some activty. Sorry for being away so long.

And coming back to the subjetc of Poison types...

Would you like to see a Poison-type baby pokemon, and if so, for what line?
    Poison-type baby? Mmmm... sounds good. I like the idea of a Skorupi preevo, but beyond that I can hardly think... I can barely imagine a Grimer preevo, but that alone makes it worthy to be seen, maybe it would be fun to have.

As for expanded evolutionary lines, I'd say Gulpin. There's not much else to pick from, given that the only other notorious Poison-lines with two levels is Skorupi and Tentacool. So yeah, the Giant Squid idea too.

Or maybe Qwilfish. Come on, why has it been left SO alone?

For a starter, I already have Bulbasaur so I'm happy. Croagunk would be quite interesting as a Starter, too. But if asked for a pure Poison as starter, I'd say, Gulpin all the way!

Now for a question about the current status of discrimination against Poison-type Pokémon in the games:

Poison-types lack a Deity. So, how do you imagine the Poison-type Legendary?

Feline

Totodile Lover
    Years
  • i got a poison ledgendary the gas god Gasroto he is a gas all gas nothing else something like that or the pollution monster Pollutle

Years
  • A poisonous legendary? I can't imagine.....a giant cloud of toxic gas would be good....Or maybe something based on a Basilisk or Sea Serpent, so a freakin massive snake? There was a snake in norse mythology which lived underground and only ever poked its head and could kill people with one whiff of its breath. A Pokemon version of that, I would like to see.

Mankey

The Delightful Nutcase
    Years
  • Hey, I love Poison Pokémon... I'm currently doing the Ultimate Monotype Challenge with them!

My favourite has to be Ivysaur.

Count me in!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back