• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Laptop screen giving me problems. AGAIN.

Emii

I'll Keep Orbiting For You★
Years
  • Okay. A few months ago, I sent my laptop to Dell because the screen wouldn't work. The backlight worked, but the screen stayed black. It would still work on external monitor, though. They repaired it and sent it back. They did not tell me what the poblem was. I've been using it for about 2 months since then with no poblems.

Last night, I let my dad borrow my laptop to put his students' grades in. When he gave it back, I set it on my lap as usual, and the screen went out. AGAIN. This time, it only goes out occasionally, like when I press the underneath of my laptop, set it down, or when I shift positions. When it is about to go out, the colors go weird, and the screen kind of scrambles up and gets lines across it, then it goes black. I have to move the laptop around or slightly shake it to make the screen come back on. The problem is becoming more frequent over the last few hours. Is it possibly a loose wire? Or is it the same problem as before, whatever it was? Or something else? Should I send it back AGAIN? =\

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • It sounds very much like a bad connection to your graphics card, I would most definitely send it back to dell if it's still under warranty. Just remember to document anything you do that causes the the screen to flicker and spazz out on you. that way when you get it back you can test it under the same circumstances and if it still has problems they should replace the entire computer. (most companies would rather just give you a new machine than risk bad customer experience by leaving them without a computer for multiple servicing of a single component)

Emii

I'll Keep Orbiting For You★
    Years
  • Thank you very much! ^^ Yeah, my screen went completely out now, so I'm using an external monitor. And I guess I'm gonna have to send it in again.. T_T but thank you, you were very helpful~! ^^

Back