• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokefan for Life

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
Years
  • So I have literally been playing pokemon games since I was 5. I was raised on pokemon.

Discuss:
    -How long you've played
    -First Pokemon Ever
    -What was the first console you played a pokemon game on

Last edited:

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • Oh, I see. You should have said ;D

I've been playing Pokémon since GSC, when I was...11 or 12 I guess. Quite a time. And I started watching the anime earlier than that.

I don't remember the launch of RBY =(

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
  • I don't remember the launch of RBY, but I remember the first game I had was Blue. I always picked squirtle as my starter too. Then once GSC was released, I got Silver. Then I liked all three of the starters.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • Since I was...*counts*...about seven, I think :D My first pokemon EVA was the bulbasaur that I chose on my brother's red version, before I got blue. That was before we knew there was only one save file XD My first on my own game was a squirtle and the first that i caught was a rattata in both of them :D

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
  • I think the first one that I ever caught was a Rattata too. But Blastoise was always my favorite.

That the age when strategy didn't matter and I only had one strong pokemon. The rest were just HM Buffs. >.>

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • I always train mine as equally as I can, and always have xD
    Though usually I'll concentrate on one for a while that's particularly good for the next gym.

Ayselipera

I have been playing since I was either 4 or 5.
    so its been roughly 11 - 12 years of playing.

My first pokemon ever was Cyndaquil on Gold Version.

The first console I played on was a silver gameboy color
    and it had a pikachu and pichu on it.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Since I was 11. My younger brother received Red for his birthday, and I received Blue for Christmas two months later.

My first pokemon was Squirtle back then. :P

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I've played Pokemon since I was about 7 or 8 years old maybe? I am 17 now. My first console was GBC and I got Gameboy blue. I started off with a Charmander as my first pokemon and it stayed in my party ever since. I was in love with the games then and I still am now, I have been a fanatic for as long as I have known lol, I am mature but pokemon definatly brings out another side in me.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I first started playing pokemon Yellow when I was 6 because my mum got it for me with my GBC and then I saw this ad in a cereal box for Pokemon Blue and Red and I won Pokemon Blue and now I'm nearly 15

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • I have been playing since I was either 4 or 5.
    so its been roughly 11 - 12 years of playing.

My first pokemon ever was Cyndaquil on Gold Version.
    But GSC has only been out ten years . . .

I first played when I was about eight. It was Pokemon Blue, and I loved it to bits. I played it on a purple GBC. A few years ago, though, my sister lost both in Australia. My first ever Pokemon was a Squirtle, and I raised it to about level 78. My next highest was the level 3 Pidgey I caught on Route 1. Yes, and I beat the Elite 4 and Champion with that.

Ayselipera

But GSC has only been out ten years . . .

I first played when I was about eight. It was Pokemon Blue, and I loved it to bits. I played it on a purple GBC. A few years ago, though, my sister lost both in Australia. My first ever Pokemon was a Squirtle, and I raised it to about level 78. My next highest was the level 3 Pidgey I caught on Route 1. Yes, and I beat the Elite 4 and Champion with that.

I might of been 6 then I just know I was around that age.

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I have literally been playing Pokemon for 10 years, and my first game was Pokemon Blue, and my first Pokemon was a Squirtle... with the cra* name of Waterema...?! At least that Raichu called Thunderr made up for that. and my Persian Sanpayer. wow, I still remember the names I gave my first Pokemon... o.0

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    In order:
    1) Since I was 7-10. So, near enough to a decade.
    2)Cyndaquil! I'm going to "reincarnate" him when HG/SS are released.
    3) The Gameboy Colour.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Guess what, here's yet another Gen II starter.
    I started playing on my friends GBC when I was around 9, so I guess that's 8 years of pokemon's worth for me.
    I was SOO happy when I finally got my own GameBoy with a Pikachu on it and Pokemon Crystal, that was just pure... awesome. I loved that game, and I'm more crazy and anxious about DG/DS than I've been with any other game. Man, this is huge! :D

Oh, and I tried to make the game a challenge, so I solo'd it with Chickorita :D (Bugsy's Scyther was a nightmare, I'd tell you -.-)

dark_giratina

Being of Emotion
    Years
  • Yet another GSC starter. I started playing pokemon when the 2nd gen came out, so i was about 6.My first pokemon was totodile, my first lvl 100 was aipom and my first shiny was donphan...good times :)

Back