• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Explorers of space idea

DracoKnight

Destroyer
Years
  • This is based on the pokemon mystery dungeon games.

How about a story, where palkia is involved. He is the "creater" of space, while dialga is the time dude right?
    So let's say a team of nerdy pokemon (NPSA) (national pokemon sapce associatio) "invents" the spashe shuttle. It's in the shape of a Ho-oh and is ment to fly out to the moon. Scince the nerds are unfit to go on the trip, the main character and 4 others are chosen to go.
    The mission is What is the moon made of? Cheese?
    ~~~~~
    does that sound good? or lame?
    positive and negative ratings please, i dont mind the negatives, just rate.
    thank you

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Well, are you going for a fanfic that sticks to canon (e.g., what's true in the Pokémon world) or one that's assumed to be in a separate universe? Because it's actually canon that man has already landed on the moon. (It was mentioned in Pewter Museum in the games.) Likewise, it's known scientifically (and has been since the start of space exploration) that the moon is made of rock.

Moreover, there's also the problem that astronauts are "nerds" in a sense. While they have to be at excellent physical condition, they also need to have pretty sharp minds because the cockpit of a space ship is pretty blinking complicated. One mistake on the pilot's end can kill off the entire crew and set a program back by months and millions of dollars.

Also, what exactly does Palkia have to do with the story? (Yes, he's the Pokémon of space, but on the other hand, what they mean by "space" has more to do with planes. As in, Palkia lords over present dimensions -- locations, really. In the meantime, Dialga lords over the counterpart of where: when. If that makes sense. Point is, it's not really outer space Palkia rules over so much as a dimension of reality.)

I mean, I know you're probably aiming for a crack fic, but as a sci-fi geek, it's probably not workable due to a lack of plausibility on a number of levels. In other words, people just wouldn't build a rocket ship and fly to the moon to see if it was made of cheese unless they were really flipping crazy, at which point, you'll want to answer the question of how they got so many followers to pull off what they want to do.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • Be careful it doesn't end in the plot buny farm/orphanage/whatever it's called nowadays.

Moreover, there's also the problem that astronauts are "nerds" in a sense. While they have to be at excellent physical condition, they also need to have pretty sharp minds because the cockpit of a space ship is pretty blinking complicated. One mistake on the pilot's end can kill off the entire crew and set a program back by months and millions of dollars.
    Yes...yes they are.

The mission is What is the moon made of? Cheese?
    If you are indeed working on a crackfic with some science. Touch up on the latter. Unless you're willing to turn it into a parody where nothing matters. My suggestion, the cheese thing, should be a joke somewhere in the fic and the primary objective; something else.

DracoKnight

Destroyer
    Years
  • Ok then, how about a dimensinel transpporter? The people who created it(the "nerds") have to be at central, so they send a team of five dimesonaughts(untill i think of a better name). their mission is too find out more about palkia. how's thats sound?
    and i also thought i might add giratina in it. as they are going through the dimensions, the find theselves in Giratina's dimension. that could be a conflict in the story.
    if anybody has other ideas, please post it.

thank you guys(or girls) for commenting.
    and btw, neo groudon? i just luv your story!!

Last edited:

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • I once planned a story about a group called the Dimensionnaires. It's a crappy name, but you're free to use it if you want to. I'll never write it. skips the plotbunny thread and goes direct to the customer =D

Back