• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon- Souls of One (OOC Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
Years
  • Right everyone, this is the OOC Thread. This is where we come to talk about the RP, discuess ideas or new characters or just about everything else that you can't (or shouldn't) say in the actual RP.

Happy writing!

------------------------

Pokemon- The Souls of One

Welcome to a world that is similar to the Pokemon world we all know and love, but is also quite different. What so different about this world then from other the Pokemon world of the games/anime? Well, first of all, no one catch Pokemon in this world. It is actually forbidden for anyone to own a Pokemon unless they are needed for work or health reason. Now, you may be thinking about why that is. The answer is actually simple; there's no need for anyone to catch or own Pokemon for they already have the perfect Pokemon with them.

In this world, everyone is born with a Pokemon already by their side. This Pokemon is, in a sense, an extension of the person's soul. This has given them the name of Soulmons, or Soul Monsters. This Soulmon starts out as a baby from of an evolutionary line (aka, like a Charmander). Then, as the child grows, the Soulmon grows with them and evolves (like into Charmeleon) until they reach their final forms (which is the end of the evolutionary line, in this case Charizard). The time of the progress, of course, depends on how many times that Soulmon can evolve. For instance, it may take a bit shorter amount of time for a Scyther to evolve into a Scizor then from a Bublasaur to a Venusaur. No one knows the reason way the Soulmon goes through the evolutionary line. Though some think it is because a child's soul isn't complete, so their Soulmons can't be either until a certain time.

Now around a person's puberty, their Soulmon finally takes on a final shape. Once they settle, they can not change into any of their previous forms. What ever Pokemon your Soulmon settles in is said to be representative of what that person is really like. For example, if that person doesn't like strife and likes to stick around kind hearted like in volunteer organizations then that person is most likely a Togekiss. If a person likes to fight and does so according to what they think the other person level is at, then they're probably a Blaziken.

Of course, that's not saying that because two people have the same Soulmon that they are exactly alike. Two people could have different jobs and ideals and still have the same Soulmon. But there could be smaller differences like the size of the Soulmon and the coloring. Or maybe the person's Soulmon has something about that is not normal for the Pokemon that it represents.

Now, this world has recently been terrorized by a huge world war that has shaken the very world to its core. Towns and cities are razed to the ground, families torn apart and millions slaughtered. Through all of this, certain areas have been designated as 'Safe Zones'. These Safe Zones, or SZs for short, are neutral areas in which no killing or military trade can be done. This is where the young, old and other people not suited for fighting gather and are protected.

However, these areas are also training grounds for future soldiers. This training starts as soon as a child's Soulmon settles. At first, they are taught about survival basics and their body and minds trained for combat. When a trainee is 16, they are given a weapon of choice or their instructor gives them one based on their style. Of course, some trainees choose to be healers or to fight with their bare hands. As soon as a trainee reaches the age of 20, they are enlisted into an army of their choice.

Our story begins in one of these SZs; Oxfield.

Oxfield is possibly the largest and greatest of the SZs. This SZ offers the latest and greatest training, healing, and residential areas. Many a fine officer and generals have trained at Oxfield. The head master himself, General Mc Murfree and his large, black Garchomp Slayer, is a proven war hero who has won many a battle for The Three Kings. Right now, graduation is just around the corner for the SZ and many people are being sent out to fight in the war.

You play as a future soldier of Oxfield. You are going about your business, thinking about which faction you would like to join and about the raise of a revolutionary group called Team Fallout. As you go to your class or enter your living quarters, a teacher/soldier gives you a sealed envelop. You are told to open the envelop and report to the room written on the letter. More then a little confused, you do as the teacher/soldier asks and report to said room to see what they want with you…

Vorteld

Lord of the Underworld
    Years
  • Niiice. I've got a great feeling about this RP. And of course, it all adds to the coolness that we can talk to our Soulmons!

Cнαяcнιc

Banned
    Years
  • I agree. It lets me add more personality to my Glaceon, oh is it okay if she refers to me as her brother and I call her my sister, because we have the same parents after all...in a sense.

Vorteld

Lord of the Underworld
    Years
  • Is there any partner or companion relations in this RP? As in between the players?

Years
  • im really excited about this rp
    and you guys are right C;
    i hope we do interact with other players
    that would make things much more interesting

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • The RP is great! I'm really loving it. I'm getting excited already and we just started. I can't wait to see what happens in it.

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
  • Well I'm very gald to see that you all are so excited about the RP. :) I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Also, there can be partnerships and such between players if you wish it.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • Many apologies~ I was up late last night after getting back from a weekend trip and hearing that my sign up had to be in withing 24 HOURS (and I'm not going to be home today). That little fact about where to sign up just didn't register at the time. XD

Name: Kylie Hutchinson

Appearance: Kylie's image is nothing short of your average young girl. Her frame is small and gives off the appearance of delicacy and fragility. She stands at about 5 feet in height, with small hands and feet. Her hair is a silky tan and comes to the middle of her neck. She has soft, light green colored eyes which give off a feeling of warmth and comfort from their depths. Kylie is a very optimistic person at heart, and is almost always seen smiling. Along with her cute face and delicate features, her prescence is known to light up even the darkest of rooms.

Personality: Kylie is your typical, happy-go-lucky type of girl. She almost always has a smile on her face. Even during the rough times she stays optimistic, thinking it's more important to realize the good of a situation, rather than the bad, and to work towards making her position in life an even better one.

Job: Trainee (to become a medic)

History:

Despite her being happy and upbeat for the most part, Kylie has never really had a break in life. From the moment she turned 8 years of age, her parents got into a huge argument and divorced a few weeks later. At the time, jobs hiring had been hard to come by, and neither had had good jobs to begin with. That's when they decided it would be best for her to stay with her aunt and older cousins in Fortree city, since they were unable to afford and care for her themselves. As soon as Kylie had moved in with her relatives and had realized that she wasn't going to live with her parents anymore, her soulmon evolved.

Her soul partner at that time had been a newly evolved Pichu called Mimi. Because it still wasn't in it's final form, her older cousins would always make fun of them both, being mean whenever they saw a chance to.

One day during world war, her aunt and cousins had been killed in a raid of the city. Kylie, despite the harsh treatment she'd received during her stay, was very upset, almost to the point of hysteria, once she'd found out of her family's deaths. She had not been home when it happened, and when she got back to find the house destroyed, a soldier had been there and decided that it would be best to take her to a Safe Zone. That was when she was taken to Oxifield. And when she had arrived there she vowed to train hard and to become a great medicine assistant in the future, in order to help save the lives that didn't deserve to be lost, and to hopefully one day end the horrid world war. That was when her Pikachu had finally evolved...

Soulmon

Name: Mimi

Species: Raichu

Appearance: This Raichu sports a bright pelt, with shining, sleek fur that is soft to the touch. Her eyes are light blue in color. She also wears a bright, pink bow, which is tied around her neck.

Personality: Mimi is a very bubbly Pokemon. She is almost always seen happy, but can also be a little shy at times when it comes to meeting new people (or Pokemon). Like Kylie, she tries to stay optimistic, even at the worst of times.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Charchic, your Glaceon can have my Umbreon, that is, if Aili doesn't bore her to death. As you had seen in his description, he can be...stiff. XDDD

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Btw, how do we continue the story now? Can our characters bump into the others on their way to the storage room?

Kularian

Talespinner
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2014
    Indeed. I don't want to accidentally step on the Game Master's toes by doing things that aren't exactly wanted. : D;

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
  • Yeah, sorry about that. You can meet other people on your way to the storage area or you could just go to the storage area and talk to your Soulmon. I mostly did that so that other people could post with out feeling left behind.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back