• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Post count raised unknowingly

Years
  • Last night, before logging off, I had somewhere around 1,008ish posts that count. When I logged on today, my post count raised by 300+. Any explanation for this?

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • The Staff could've enabled a forum to count posts where, originally, they didn't count.

That does seem very reasonable. The staff wouldn't up your posts for no reason so its possible they might have enabled posts on one forum and it jumped your postcount. You could always ask a staff member what might have happened. I'm sure they would be able to tell you.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • Well, staffers are usually busy and don't always see every thread. You could try PMing one of them and possibly asking that way. ^^; I don't really see it as a big deal that your post count was raised... unless you really feel like you want to know.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • It's also highly possible that a thread that was in a no-postcount forum was moved to another forum, but I doubt it. :P

Years
  • count your blessing I wish my account jumped 300 post one day

Since when did post count ever matter?

If you have posted in the wandering thread (as Alinthea suggested), then your post count may have jumped because it was moved from, say, Other Trivia to a forum where posts count.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • Like several said above, forum that didn't count before might now be counted.

Or Steve did one of those database post count check things.

Either way, posts really don't matter. Just go have fun!

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • Or.somebody could've hacked onto your account.

Not to mention why would someone hack into someone elses account and post on their profile instead of their own account?

And have you checked your recent posts to actually see if there's any posts you didn't post?

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Or.somebody could've hacked onto your account.

Doubtin'. It'd be easy to find posts made on jigglyppuff's account that weren't made by him. And apart from that, what crazy hacker would hack into an account just to post three hundred times in twelve hours? Sounds highly unlikely and illogical to me.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • It's definitely not a case of a forum not counting previously and counting now--we'd let people know via announcement of sorts if that were the case. So I'm banking on a thread being moved from a no postcount forum to a regular one. That or what Mewthree said--Steve might've done a recount of all posts and any discrepancies were corrected.

Back