• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Inactive Members

BJ088

It's been so long!
Years
Hey there!
Just wondering what Administration's stance is on inactive members. I ask this because for about 2 weeks now I've been capped and haven't been able to post much as my internet runs too slow to even OPEN threads. (I'm lucky it even loaded for this to get posted)

Do you guys warn people after a while? or how does it work?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
You're not obligated to stay here in any way. Nothing will happen to your account if you don't login within a certain time frame.

Just log on and see us when you have the time, m'kay?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
As I recall, the last time the admins purged all the inactive accounts was sometime in 2003-2004...and there was some special reason behind it. >_>

I don't see them doing it again mainly because a lot of older members that miraculously come back would prefer to use their original account instead of making a new one. <_<

jasonresno

[fight through it]
Years
I definitely think it'd be nice to purge all of those accounts that haven't been logged into in years and have no posts or just one or two. I bet it'd be nice for the server, anyway. But I don't think that'll ever happen so don't worry bout it. This question comes up pretty often I think!

Years
I'm sure it won't happen, but is it worth killing accounts that haven't been used in at least X years and with less than X posts? I realise that you repect the users right to keep their account, but in many cases, it's just clogging the site for the active members.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Well it's been like 2-3 years since we last did it, I think, so can we do it again? XD

I's say 'OMG YES DO IIT <3', if it wasn't too much trouble.. xD; That would be awesome. Would free up a lot of usernames, and free up some server space. Something tells me that if someone hasn't used an account in three years, then it's not too important to them. If they come back one day, and find that they have to make a new account then that's how it goes, IMO.. >_>; Apparently they didn't care enough to check sooner, so..

Years
Something tells me that if someone hasn't used an account in three years, then it's not too important to them. If they come back one day, and find that they have to make a new account then that's how it goes, IMO.. >_>; Apparently they didn't care enough to check sooner, so..
I agree, I mean, I left for about 8 months and then came back... It's probably gonna happen again... But if I was away for three years, then I would consider my account purge-worthy. :3

Melody

Banned
Years
If I'm not mistaken, I think the administration does a purge of all accounts with 0 posts that have more than 6 months with no activity (logins,posts,PMs/VMs out), every 2 or 3 years, if/when the database needs a cleanup. It's not hard to post once in NU/W to keep your account from kicking the bucket really...so yeah. (I personally support this too)

Other than that, they won't even delete existing accounts, even if you request that they delete your own!

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
I don't think they're going to purge the accounts any time soon. Inactive members build up until eventually, the admins decide to free up some space and usernames and purge all the inactive members who haven't even made a post. According to some of the veterans here, the last time this happened was in 2003-2004, but during my time here (which isn't that long, actually) I've never seen such a purge.

Zet

Years
I don't think they're going to purge the accounts any time soon. Inactive members build up until eventually, the admins decide to free up some space and usernames and purge all the inactive members who haven't even made a post. According to some of the veterans here, the last time this happened was in 2003-2004, but during my time here (which isn't that long, actually) I've never seen such a purge.
Thanks for posting what has already been posted o/

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Wow, so you do this brilliant idea when this dude posts it but not when I posted this a few months ago :(

I feel unappreciated.

Back