• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Has a tread started by a mod or admin ever been locked?

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    I was just wondering if a thread by a mod or a PC admin was ever locked for breaking the rules. If not then what happens to a mod or a PC admin who breaks the rules? Feed my cueriousity!!! =P

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • If a staff member breaks the rules, it's dealt with privately. Depending on the severity of the action, it could be just a slap on the wrist, a staff warning, or full out demotion.

It's really not as juicy or interesting as it sounds. :p

Sajuuk

http://forum.hpcommunity.co.uk
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    Well, all the rules threads are locked (obviously XD).

I haven't really seen any threads created by staff which are then locked by staff, but probably all those type of discussions would be in the Staff Forums.

EDIT: And I will NOT be told to SHUT UP. Ever. Whoever sent that post comment should shut up him/herself.

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    It seems like they get the same treatment as other members.
    However, I do recall some staff members being banned while they are still "staff."
    Beaten >__>

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Probably one of the staff's bigger rules is to not discuss anything from the mod forums, in the open forums. (never mind locked, such a topic would probably get thrown in the trash bin, or kept in a mod place to review at one's own leisure).

Years
  • I would assume that if the thread is very old and someone revives it, it will be locked. Thats the closest thing to "breaking the rules."

I think if the mods do break a rule, the thread will be deleted, not locked (wether they delete it themselves, or it is deleted by someone with equal or greater status is not of concern to me lol). totalitarianistic-ness

Back