• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Everstone breeding working on males

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2010
hello, ive posted this around on a couple other pokemon forums, and figured id put it here as well
so about a week ago, i was looking to breed an adamant rhyhorn, but having no adamant dittos, i instead figured id just breed the female rhyhorn with my male adamant quagsire, and just to try it out, i equipped the quagsire with an everstone, despite knowing that the everstone trick only works on females or dittos

so expecting to have to just keep hatching several eggs to get the adamant nature i wanted, i filled up my team with the quickly produced eggs and a single magmar, but to my surprise, the second egg that hatched was adamant, and the egg after that, so 2 out of 5 eggs were the fathers natures

i initially just thought it was luck, but it got me thinking, so today i decided to experiment with it

i got two fearows, one female, level 24 and modest nature, one male lvl 27 and lonely nature, and put them in the daycare, the male equipped with the everstone, and then proceeded to ride my bike back and fourth through goldenrod for some time, picking up the eggs as i went along

out of 14 hatched eggs, there were 5 lonely spearows, the males nature, and all the rest were random natures, the only other repetition being two impish natures

so judging from this small experiment, it seems like in Heartgold and Soulsilver, the everstone trick does in fact work on males now, despite it not being the case in the previous game

but in the event of me just being really really lucky, i was hoping some other people could do some mass breeding of their own to confirm or deny my findings here

i apologize for the long winded explanation, if im right though, seems like breeding will have just gotten much easier

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
I'll try this, but I think you were just lucky... unless I missed something on Serebii >>

I know EV-training items pass down IVs now. So if you have a 2x ATK EV-training item equipped on either male or female, it'll pass down the ATK IV.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Yeah, I'm pretty sure myself it has to be the female which in breeding something with a ditto in this case, is the ditto itself. The male holding an everstone doesn't have any effect.

I'll leave this open if someone wants to point out that I'm wrong but if it turns out to be just lucky results there, then I'll close as discussion would stall. But hey, could be a new hgss feature somehow missed? I personally doubt it, but...well, someone say something who bred Pokemon on it. =P

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2010
I'll try this, but I think you were just lucky... unless I missed something on Serebii >>

I know EV-training items pass down IVs now. So if you have a 2x ATK EV-training item equipped on either male or female, it'll pass down the ATK IV.
well i tried posting this on serebii too, but they decided not to post the thread or just havnt gotten around to it

and what ive been trying to do is get other people to try it out and see if i was just really lucky, but so far it seems no one has been willing, so i guess ill have to do it myself and just post more detailed results

ok, so after further testing:

breeders
lvl 4 male ekans timid nature holding everstone
lvl 36 female rhyhorn relaxed nature holding nothing

hatched eggs:
1. female timid nature
2. male mild nature
3. female timid nature
4. female timid nature
5. male relaxed naturw
6. female naughty nature
7. male timid nature
8. male rash nature
9. male docile nature
10. male modest nature
11. male mild nature
12. female timid nature
13. female timid nature
14. male timid nature
15. male timid nature
16. female timid nature
17. male timid nature
18. female bold nature
19. female impish nature
20. male bold nature

thats 10 of the fathers nature out of 20 eggs
breeding done on Soul Silver while eating pepperoni pizza and watching the Road Warrior

if further evidence is needed, i can post my friend code and you can just look in my third box, where all the hatched rhyhorns are kept in order of hatching

if this is still just luck, then i think its time for me to buy a few hundred lotto tickets

Last edited:

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
Years
Nice find, this post needs more discussions, I mean theres no way you could just say "Its only Luck, nothing more" With the results posted. I'll do some experimenting of my own, and share the results. ^^

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
This is amazing. I'll have to get a ditto soon and try this.

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2010
Nice find, this post needs more discussions, I mean theres no way you could just say "Its only Luck, nothing more" With the results posted. I'll do some experimenting of my own, and share the results. ^^

THANK YOU! ive been trying to get someone else to try this for like, a week now

level.

Forgot about user titles
Years
It's been confirmed that the everstone works on males and females for quite some time. I could post sources but they're all Japanese...

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
sweet maybe now i'll get into egg moves and nature breeding making babys for people to EV train now they made it that easy cause now a male can pass egg moves and nature I assume all at once and I can't work out EV training but I can work out egg moves and breeding :)

Tox

fight me
Years
I just noticed this thread but I've tried it myself and it works. I gave my male Adamant Meganium an Everstone to hold and so far 19 out of 30 of the Chikoritas hatched have been Adamant. The others are all random natures.

Gooner_Tyzack

Where's The Frigging Ditto?
Years
so your basically just breeding two the same pokemons? :S why do you need 3? im confused on this whole thing :/

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Wow, it works? I wonder if that was intentional or not.

So the male passes down nature, IVs, and moves.

The female passes down nature (already from the male) and IVs (like the male).

So the only thing the female is good for now is the actual Pokemon type :\ but when bred with Ditto, the male becomes the female in the equation.

Blargh. Females got outclassed again.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
Years
Yup, just confirmed it for me too :P, Breed my Male Adamant Quagsire with Ryhorn,Miltank.
3/5 Ryhorns were Adamant, and 4/5 Miltanks were Adamant.

Woot ^^.

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2010
Could someone explain to me how nature breeding works? Like, the combination? Like... Poke'mon A (Male) + Poke'mon B (Female, w/Everstone) = 50% Females Nature Poke'mon A (Male, w/Everstone) + Poke'mon B (Female) = 50% Males Nature Ditto + Poke'mon B (Female, w/Everstone) = 50% Females Nature Poke'mon A (Male, w/Everstone) + Ditto = 50% Males Nature Ditto (w/Everstone) + Poke'mon B (Female) = 50% Ditto's Nature Poke'mon A (Male) + Ditto (w/Everstone)= 50% Ditto's Nature ^Most of these are probably wrong, I just want the exact ones... :( I've heard so many things. If anyone can help that would be awesome! Also, I have a Japanese Ditto on my US Version, would this work with the Japanese Ditto for sake of Shiny? Also, sorry this is all crammed together, I can't space it out for some reason. It's coming up as multiple paragraphs in the post, but when I refresh the page it's crammed, sorry.

Last edited:
Years
Could someone explain to me how nature breeding works? Like, the combination? Like... Poke'mon A (Male) + Poke'mon B (Female, w/Everstone) = 50% Females Nature Poke'mon A (Male, w/Everstone) + Poke'mon B (Female) = 50% Males Nature Ditto + Poke'mon B (Female, w/Everstone) = 50% Females Nature Poke'mon A (Male, w/Everstone) + Ditto = 50% Males Nature Ditto (w/Everstone) + Poke'mon B (Female) = 50% Ditto's Nature Poke'mon A (Male) + Ditto (w/Everstone)= 50% Ditto's Nature ^Most of these are probably wrong, I just want the exact ones... :( I've heard so many things. If anyone can help that would be awesome! Also, I have a Japanese Ditto on my US Version, would this work with the Japanese Ditto for sake of Shiny? Also, sorry this is all crammed together, I can't space it out for some reason. It's coming up as multiple paragraphs in the post, but when I refresh the page it's crammed, sorry.

dont think of it with all the numbers and perenthisis... both genders can pass on natures :) just throw an everstone on em its not guaranteed but you have a way better chance

i had it figured out as best as i needed to :P then you threw those numbers and perenthisis in there and i was like ... "Confuse, now, i am" <-- legit said that and my mom said wtf =D

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
This thread hasn't had a new post since April. Don't revive old threads.
*Locked*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back