• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: Pokémon Platinum Deluxe

Should Pokémon, that originally evolved by Happiness, Evolve by Level now?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Nice game... It looks awesome. I know you said that you can continue your save in the new beta... but my question is, do you recommend it? Or are you going to change some stuff in the beginning so it is just better to start over? To get the feel of it?

yufang

Brain-Damaged Kid
Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2016
WOW GREAT HACK! finally a good DS hack.
Just wondering, can this hack work on R4, if so, will it be able 2 link 2 wifi?
EDIT: I just tried it on R4 and it works, not sure bout wifi though...

Last edited:

Oxnite

aka Arbok
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
Wow! I stopped the progress for a long time (had a lot of other things to do) but I finally started working on it again!

I'm currently deleting all the bugs that were in the last bèta version, so no weird texts and freezes anymore!

I'll upload the newer Bèta version as soon as possible!

WOW GREAT HACK! finally a good DS hack.
Just wondering, can this hack work on R4, if so, will it be able 2 link 2 wifi?
EDIT: I just tried it on R4 and it works, not sure bout wifi though...

Yes, it should work both on R4 and with Wi-Fi!

I dont know if im the only one this has happened to, but my rom image keeps crashing at Solaceon Town, right as the exclamation mark appears over my head.

That's right, it's a small bug.. It will be edited in the next Bèta!

Nice game... It looks awesome. I know you said that you can continue your save in the new beta... but my question is, do you recommend it? Or are you going to change some stuff in the beginning so it is just better to start over? To get the feel of it?

I reccomend you to play the game from the start at Twinleaf Town! If you start the game in the middle of, like, the third badge, then you'll be a few levels lower than the Trainers are, as this game is quite harder aswell.

He didn't replace them yet in the beta he'll change them in a futher release

That's right, but it's optional. I'll release one final version with Zorua / Zoroark and one version without.. But that's an issue for the future.

I've encountered another bug in the game. When I get the secret key, the music stops and the text just stays the same. So what can I do? I'm on version 2 btw. Oh, and typhlosion's sprite is somewhat messed up.

That bug will be edited in the next Bèta as well. It will be uploaded very soon! Yep, the sprites are a bit messed up because I added the HG / SS sprites (I like them much more than the Platinum ones, especially because the coloring in a lot of Platinum sprites is off (Quagsire and Sentret for example)

could you make pikachu so that it stil evolves with a thunder stone because i am an pikachu user with lightball and hate raichu and i dont want to have the evolution screen for every level up and like i said i am pikachu with lightball user so using an everstone is not an solution.

Good idea, I'll add another version soon with the standard evolution methods.

Mark975

Rogue
Years
It does. Team Galactic might be gone, but there's a new problem in Sinnoh, though I'm not going to tell what's exactly going on.

Pokémon Platinum is the rom base. The beta goes till Veilstone City. I'll edit the first post with this information.

Please TELL ME how to IMPROVE it. None of them are actually unnecessary in my opinion. And Tyrogue isn't that rare in this game, it can be found in Mt. Coronet. So after catching one, you can immediately evolve it into Hitmontop, ór search for the right gender and then let it evolve @ lv. 20. This is not unnessecary; you can not catch any Hitmonchan / Hitmontop / Hitmonlee in the wild and it's quite tricky to get the right Tyrogue-evolution the original way.

The only thing you need is a Pokémon Platinum Rom (clean and unedited). Everything can be read in the readme, which is attached in the .RAR file.

Thanks a lot for this comment. I used PPRE, which is a great Rom Editing Tool.

I'd like some comments from people that actually played the game and please tell me how to improve it, as well as the things you like!

Thanks for testing / playing!
Whats PPRE stand for and where can i get?

Oxnite

aka Arbok
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
@ Skara / Mark975,

I use a tool called PPRE (Project Pokémon's Rom Editor). A tutorial and download link is available here (created by me). Please read the tutorial thoroughly.

With this tool, you can edit wild Pokémon, scripts, trainer's Pokémon, Pokémon stats, types and movesets, and a lot more! It still has some bugs though, as it is a Bèta version.

The tutorial can be found here.

(The Tutorial is slightly outdated, as the current version of PPRE is v14.0, but I'll edit the tutorial later).

----------------------------------------------

In the future, I'll not answer questions anymore like 'how did you create this hack,' you can search around for yourself.

Any more comments about the game? I'll update the game very, very soon so keep checking this thread!

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
@ Skara / Mark975,

I use a tool called PPRE (Project Pokémon's Rom Editor). A tutorial and download link is available here (created by me). Please read the tutorial thoroughly.

With this tool, you can edit wild Pokémon, scripts, trainer's Pokémon, Pokémon stats, types and movesets, and a lot more! It still has some bugs though, as it is a Bèta version.

The tutorial can be found here.

(The Tutorial is slightly outdated, as the current version of PPRE is v14.0, but I'll edit the tutorial later).

----------------------------------------------

In the future, I'll not answer questions anymore like 'how did you create this hack,' you can search around for yourself.

Any more comments about the game? I'll update the game very, very soon so keep checking this thread!
Thanks a lot mate (non-sarcastic btw lol)

Also, what about map editing? I've noticed your events are in different places....

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Thanks a lot mate (non-sarcastic btw lol)

Also, what about map editing? I've noticed your events are in different places....

You can't map edit yet :/

Everything in Platinum Deluxe is in Sinnoh :L

Oxnite

aka Arbok
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
That is true, but I replaced some Events, etc.

You can easily do that via PPRE (Maps Section) -- just change the X and Y coordinates. You should watch a Tutorial on YouTube.

EDIT @ 11:09 (AM) (GMT+1): I just finished some more bug testing. I bug tested the game till Valley Windworks so far and even made a lot of changes. For example:
- I completely revamped the first Gym Leader, Dimphy! She now has more text, an own Trainer Battle Sprite and an own Overworld Sprite.
- You'll have to battle Prof. Rowan sometimes!
- People, called members of the TM Family, are scattered in Sinnoh. When you talk to them, they want a battle - if you manage to defeat them, you obtain a TM. Their Pokémon often demonstrate the TM you'll get. In addition to this, you can battle them as much as you want, which means you can get unlimited TM's! (Two TM Family Members have been added so far: Attract / Bullet Seed)
- The Valley Windworks situation has been revamped. (It now has to do with a certain Gym Leader, to give the game more story)
- I've added a new Trainer Class, called the Policewoman! They even have a new overworld sprite and battle sprite.
- And last but not least, I updated all Text bugs, for example: Hey Parcel! or Rival's Mom: Could you go and find VS Seeker for me?

There are a few Bugs left;
- Gymleader Dimphy says something weird when she gives out her badge;
- A lof of Trainers say wrong things, especially the Trainers that were Galactic Grunts before. I still can't edit the text in thenewpoketext though, it just doesn't seem to work. I always get an error.

I will update with a newer Bèta Version soon!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Hey, this hack looks great!
May try it later, my computer can't handle 4th gen games though...

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
hey, very nice hack! it was quite hard at first, but then again - thats why its so fun!
i have a problem though. Everytime the script when you are leaving solaceon town starts (the one where the exclamation mark appears) my game freezes =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back