• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM Feb. 2011] Pokémon Grey [Beta 1 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marowak10

Skull Wearer
Years
I would play, and I agree, I don't think anyone would choose Magikarp. And as for another question, I like Grey with pants, not shorts.

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
Years
if you need any help just VM me!

Thanks.
Currently I don't need any help but I'll bare you in mind for the future. :)

Wow! This game looks awesome. I hope you do a good job at it.

Trust me, I don't think I'm going to let anyone down.

I would play, and I agree, I don't think anyone would choose Magikarp. And as for another question, I like Grey with pants, not shorts.

In that case you will be happy to know Grey has shed the shorts and is wearing pants!

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
Years
What a day I've had...
I've had tonnes of homework, I had to go see my Granddad in hospital and I still managed to do some Rom Hacking to bring you an update.

So here it is:

Spoiler:

It's just a new battle background.
It's similar to the firered background but features the D/P/PT grass.
I'm sure it's something you've seen before. :)

Anyway that's it, more coming soon!

Last edited:

xenion

The Typhlosion Master
Years
This looks to be a very good hack! keep up the good work. If you need any help Ill help you with your hack. Anyways Good luck with finishing this hack

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
Years
So it's been a day or so since my last update so I think its time for another!

Today my update is:

The Berry Tree:

This idea was inspired by the headbutt tree but it has a twist... Berries.

pokemongreyimage19.png
pokemongreyimage22.png

pokemongreyimage23.png
pokemongreyimage24.png

pokemongreyimage21.png
pokemongreyimage20.png

How does it work?

It works randomly.
There is a 5/20 chance of obtaining a type of berry.
There is a 5/20 chance of being attacked by a Pokémon.
Leaving a 10/20 chance of you not getting anything at all.

The script sets a flag (similar to that of the CUT TREE) meaning the script can not be used again until the Player has left the map.

You might ask, what if someone milks it for items?
Well due to the 1/4 chance of even recieving an item, it will take the Player a long time to rack up multiple items.

This Tree is merely an extra feature and a bit of fun. :)

Last edited:

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
Years
Hehehe.... Nice Idea you got there. It'll stop the greedy ones from
picking in the berry trees again and again. :D

Exactly, It will make the game more balanced.

News:

I've recently chosen my Beta Testers!
There are 10 of them in total to make sure my hack is checked thoroughly.
They are:

Solarowl
Cross Ryan Zero2
Shiny Quagsire/Sparkles
Leachim_Paloyz15
Flygon
Ageangel
zZJoennZz
Cilerba
White
JollyJH

It will down to these people to make sure all my grammar and scripts are correct.

That's all for now, I just wanted to let the Hack's fans know a Beta will be given to my testers soon, edited if nessecary, then distributed to you lot!

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
I love this story, its diffrent and it reminds me of how original the Gamecube games were made. I also can't wait to try this out, somthing says to me this hack will be awesome, atleast for my likes!

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
Years
You're missing a period somewhere in your third screenie. Love the first route, although you could add a better way to get back up.

I've already added Cut Trees into the first route to make it easier for the Player to get back up.
I can't spot the missed period? Can you be a little bit more descriptive, please?

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
This hack along with Lilac are the most admirable active hacks in the Progressing section right now (imo). Everything about it seems to be going smoothly, and you are going solo on this, so I like it. Good luck, and keep the updates coming!

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
Years
This hack along with Lilac are the most admirable active hacks in the Progressing section right now (imo). Everything about it seems to be going smoothly, and you are going solo on this, so I like it. Good luck, and keep the updates coming!

I agree with your opinion! :)
Although there are some other hacks which are equally as good (Chrome and Darkgrey).

I have currently just finished the last story event in the first beta.
I'm afraid the beta isn't that long, but I think quality is better than quantity.
Don't you agree?

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
I agree with your opinion! :)
Although there are some other hacks which are equally as good (Chrome and Darkgrey).

I have currently just finished the last story event in the first beta.
I'm afraid the beta isn't that long, but I think quality is better than quantity.
Don't you agree?
You bet! as far as quality goes, your hack excels, that's why I chose to praise it along with Lilac. I'll be around for some slave work slight spriting help if you need me (although you don't, that's what I'm best at helping others at).

drew6464

Spriter and composer
Years
  • US
  • Seen Jan 8, 2023
Either the hacks here are getting better, or I was viewing the wrong one. One of the best I've seen so far. Great, great work. And KEEP IT UP! XD

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
Years
Either the hacks here are getting better, or I was viewing the wrong one. One of the best I've seen so far. Great, great work. And KEEP IT UP! XD

Thank you, I've put a lot of work into this hack so I hope I don't let people down.

I will admit, I'm a bit jealous of your hack. :)
But, with this, plus some of my ASM magic, will make wonders :3

You don't have to be jealous, you help me with the stuff I don't know so you should feel happy. Anyway if you let me use your seasons asm, It's only going to get better and it will be our work!

When you two work together, this Hack
will be epic! >:)

I agree, What I don't know Shiny Quagsire does, so it's perfect!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I like what I'm seeing here. I was surprized.. thumbs up. Totally deserving HotW. It's awesome out of its simpleness.

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
Years
I like what I'm seeing here. I was surprized.. thumbs up. Totally deserving HotW. It's awesome out of its simpleness.

When I was a lurker here, I always saw the hacks you put up and was really impressed with them.

As for updates, I'm just coding the NPC, so tedious and there is so many of them, especially when they all saw something different at night time!
I'm also getting distracting by the news of a potential B/W Rom dump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back