• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Reshiram and Zekrom to be in the Unova Thanksgiving Parade

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    Very disappointing.

They were a lot smaller than I would of liked.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I practically jumped out of bed for this and my parents know it lololol. I missed Reshiram, so kudos to the upload. :'D

Years
  • Did anyone notice that they let out Reshiram's feather tuft?
    The wingcrotch was there, just covered by the fire. If you look at Reshiram's sprite it really isn't that big. Sugimori's artwork has it huge though.

It was pretty cool to watch, I thought Reshiram and Zekrom would be huge balloons like Pikachu, but it was awesome nonetheless. I can't believe they still
    use the original theme from the show. I know it's what most people identify the franchise with, but I don't think it would've hurt to use the actual theme from the games.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2011
    I squealed with glee AND got super excited when they said their names correctly! My daughter saw Pikachu and started giggling and clapping. I'm glad we are raising her to be a Pokemon fan! :D

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Unova was a big middle finger to all the Pokemon Fans. So they tried to make it up with this..

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I live in Australia sooo we don't get to see the parade on TV (or any reference to Thanksgiving as a whole, but that isn't relevant), but wow, before this I never actually knew that Pokemon was actually in a parade (and yet there probably is many more parades featuring Pokemon). It's pretty awesome how they're promoting B/W with Reshiram/Zekrom, though I feel they probably should have at least mentioned the starters by their English names to show that they're up to date with the Pokemon news, considering all they said was "including Zekrom and Reshiram" in the current Pokedex part. :(

As a whole, Reshiram/Zekrom looked awesome though!

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I loved how they used the original Pokemon theme song for the parade. When the video began, all the nostalgia came back to me by just the song alone.

I remembered watching the parade last year; the Pikachu float doesn't change one bit. Oh well, I'm just glad that they actually pronounced Reshiram and Zekrom correctly. I wondered if anyone noticed Reshiram's "fur" and asked themself if it's what they thought it was.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • I'd admit, I was a little zoned out at the sight of Zekrom and Reshiram. Wow, that's some early promoting right there. I was also thinking...was the Pokemon franchise ever represented with more than just Pikachu and the Pokeball at the Macy Thanksgiving parade?

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • PIIIIIKAAAACHUUUUUUUU!!!!! And Reshy and Zekky!!! :cer_boogie: But um, announcement much? I didn't recall hearing Pokemon in the "Coming Up Next" preview right before the commercials. Luckily I was in view of the TV when Reshiram filled the screen. I was slightly roaming around a bit, and the Pokemon and Power Rangers segments were the main ones that I highly anticipated in the parade. Heck, the minute I saw them, I zoomed right to the front of the telly screen. :D (I was a bit miffed that Pokemon and Power Rangers were not announced at the beginning of the parade, when the announcer was reading off and previewing the upcoming acts, performances, floats, and balloons. I mean, both of the franchises could arguably be considered behemoths, and they receive no mention at all except when they actually arrive? :cer_no: Disappointing...still, I'm grateful that they actually got featured in the parade! :))

The wingcrotch was there, just covered by the fire. If you look at Reshiram's sprite it really isn't that big. Sugimori's artwork has it huge though.

It was pretty cool to watch, I thought Reshiram and Zekrom would be huge balloons like Pikachu, but it was awesome nonetheless. I can't believe they still
    use the original theme from the show. I know it's what most people identify the franchise with, but I don't think it would've hurt to use the actual theme from the games.

:surprised: ...I was waiting all Thanksgiving break to return to PokeCommunity and post my opinion, and you go and straight rip the exact words out of my mouth. :cer_laugh:

Anyway, yeah, I thought the two yin-yang dragons would be floating balloons rather than mounted constructs, but I guess it makes sense if they were last-minute additions (that, and the balloons take up so much freaking space that each "franchise" only has a certain area allotted to it). I loved Zekrom's coloration, though. The Sugimori artwork and BW sprite makes Zekrom a bit darker so you can't see some details well, but the Zekrom's float captured the menacing and striking features perfectly. I really hope some parade-watcher got a kick out of the design (and Reshiram's, as well). :D

And again, I had the same opinion about the song. It's probably one of the most famous aspects of the franchise (similar to Go Go Power Rangers with the PR franchise, also featured in the parade, finally :D), but the games deserve their props as well! I mean, they started the whole series, contrary to the seemingly popular belief of the anime coming first! But I guess it sounds a bit too "formal" or "grand" for kids to connect with quickly...even the remixes in the Super Smash Brothers series and the later Pokemon games don't sound "pop" enough... In any case, I still loved hearing the original TV Pokemon theme in the parade! You hardly ever NEVER hear it on TV these days... :cer_laugh: I also thought the lack of vocals was odd, but I guess it was because the narrators were speaking...

I was watching and all I could think was "I wonder what the people watching it are thinking..."

Same here...I was especially wondering about the reactions of people who haven't played any Pokemon games since the RBY days... I hope that some of them experienced something like being amazed and going "Cool!" at Reshiram and/or Zekrom's design, and seconds later, they learn "Wait, that's a Pokemon?! Seriously?" It would be amazing if some nostalgia could be triggered in them, sparking a possible renewed interest for the Pokemon games. It may be a somewhat unrealistic event, but still, it would be pretty cool if someone underwent a feeling like that... :)

I loved how they used the original Pokemon theme song for the parade. When the video began, all the nostalgia came back to me by just the song alone.

I remembered watching the parade last year; the Pikachu float doesn't change one bit. Oh well, I'm just glad that they actually pronounced Reshiram and Zekrom correctly. I wondered if anyone noticed Reshiram's "fur" and asked themself if it's what they thought it was.

Yeah... *embraces nostalgic moment* that's the first time I've actually heard the names Reshiram and Zekrom in the spoken word... And they sound awesome! On TV, no less! :cer_boogie:

And why does Reshiram's wa-"wing" seem to be one of the more dominating things in this thread? :cer_laugh: I rofl'd at Kirbychu's earlier statement, though:

Sugimori's artwork has it huge though.

:cer_laugh: :cer_laugh: :cer_laugh:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I saw the video, I have to admit, pretty cool. It's a good way to promote the games, even though we've got ages till they come out in the US & Europe anyway.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I saw the video as well. Reshiram and Zekrom looked very cool as floats. I feel that the Unova starters should've been floats alongside them.

Back