• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP] Pokémon: Manga Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Your mix of D/P/P/HG/SS tiles is quite refreshing. it's nice to see someone finally using all of the different games ones. I would, however, recommend raising the saturation on some of the buildings, like this one:
screen16.png

I never read the manga, but if you can get the feel of the stories into this game, it'll surely be interesting.

! AvatarKris !

! Esteemed Medical Professional !
Years
Your mix of D/P/P/HG/SS tiles is quite refreshing. it's nice to see someone finally using all of the different games ones. I would, however, recommend raising the saturation on some of the buildings, like this one:
screen16.png

I never read the manga, but if you can get the feel of the stories into this game, it'll surely be interesting.

I'll do that but also, i've tried hard to use punctuation and character movements to keep the emotion of the characters alive, and i have the story straight, so try it out it's a good demo!

Update on features:-
HM's are not used outside of battle, instead:

Surf:- there will be docks where a specific pokemon (from manga), comes out of it's pokeball, and let's you surf on it to a predecided area by talking to it

Flying:-when outside pokemon center, a specific pokemon (from manga) will be there to take you to any town.

Cut: Events that a character removes trees for you

Flash: Pikachu temporarily follows you,while you are in the cave.

Strength and smash are not needed.

Last edited:

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Very nice game you have here Kris, I love the choice of tiles... Keep it coming!

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
I'm excitedly watching this game. Perhaps I will find a way to support it in my signature. (Without breaking the image limitations.) Perhaps I'll redo my signature again and make it PokeSpe based just for this. =3 (Given, I am known to re-design my signature on the fly for almost no particular reason.)

There is one thing I'm curious about. I noticed the title is called "Manga Red".
Is that to imply that the game will only be covering the Red arc of the story?

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Spoilers!

Just played the demo. Overall I quite liked it. There were some funny parts, like at Oaks lab and one of the children's houses, and the graphics and music is ok. However, it does feel quite incomplete, with a lot of errors and some bad tile choices. I only played up untill Oaks lab as it got slightly boring trying to find the Pokemon, then dying.

Errors
Your house:
You can go over and under the bed.
You can't go behind the tv.
Up and downstairs is a bit bad.
When you talk to your mum, she heals you, but there's no music.
Lab exterior is 3rd gen.

Town:
In the house to the left of yours, it's 3rd gen.
So is the house below, which inside the maid doesn't speak.
In front of the house is a desaturated lamp post, which doesn't match with the saturated-ness of the game.
So is your house.
Shadows aren't semi-transparent.
At the far west house, you can go up to the door, although it's locked.

In battle:
Your 'mons base is smaller than it should be.
When you go up a level, about three quarters horizontally through the box there is a one pixel see through vertical line.

Bit past the stairs out of town:
At the left, above the honey tree, you can walk over the mountain tiles.
Just above the, the grass goes under the mountain...

Route 1:
Going up and the the steps brings you one tile too far.
I'm either incredibly lucky, or there aren't any 'mon in the grass.

Mew battle:
"Wild Mew sent out Mew!"
After the battle, the Rocket grunt just appears.

As well as all of this, there are a few grammatical errors. Like how people use too many exclamation marks, miss spell some things and don't say Pokémon, but Pokemon.

! AvatarKris !

Years
Very nice game you have here Kris, I love the choice of tiles... Keep it coming!

Good, to hear, coming from an old friend!

I'm excitedly watching this game. Perhaps I will find a way to support it in my signature. (Without breaking the image limitations.) Perhaps I'll redo my signature again and make it PokeSpe based just for this. =3 (Given, I am known to re-design my signature on the fly for almost no particular reason.)

There is one thing I'm curious about. I noticed the title is called "Manga Red".
Is that to imply that the game will only be covering the Red arc of the story?

Thanks, support is really appreciated... I am happy to know you are interested in my game and you are a fellow fan of the manga. And thanks for noticing what i meant by the title... It is because it follows the red/blue/green story arc, played through red. This means if i finish this, it may have a pokemon manga yellow or pokemon manga gold...(less likely to make a sequel)

Spoilers!

Just played the demo. Overall I quite liked it. There were some funny parts, like at Oaks lab and one of the children's houses, and the graphics and music is ok. However, it does feel quite incomplete, with a lot of errors and some bad tile choices. I only played up untill Oaks lab as it got slightly boring trying to find the Pokemon, then dying.

Errors............

Thank u for your concerns with my game, I'm glad u like it overall and i'm sorry for these gramatical errors, as well and the abuse of '!'(was trying to keep the emotion that u could have in the manga). Also, The tile set is still a mix of a kyle dove and a dewitty tileset and their saturation seems to be opposite, i'll try and edit the kyledove tiles too be a bit brighter.

As for the Pokemon send out itself, i had to have a way to make a battle which the Trainer had to have caught or not supposed to catch a wild pokemon for their journey. I am working by myself, and dont know how to script... therefore couldnt make a script that was similar to the trainer battle script(with out the trainer sending out a pokemon) and also involve it in the pokeessential.... way too complicated for me -.-

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
If you suck at scripting you wouldn't be able to make this game. Scripting is very complicated, and there are so many parts that some can't figure out, while others easily hands those scripts.
The one who is good at every part of scripting is a god.
You should get someone who's good at the scripts you can't to help you.
Progress would be a lot easier that way, and you wouldn't have to use a lot of time on one single script, when you could make a lot of other script at the wasted time.
Hope you'll take my advise

! AvatarKris !

Years
If you suck at scripting you wouldn't be able to make this game. Scripting is very complicated, and there are so many parts that some can't figure out, while others easily hands those scripts.
The one who is good at every part of scripting is a god.
You should get someone who's good at the scripts you can't to help you.
Progress would be a lot easier that way, and you wouldn't have to use a lot of time on one single script, when you could make a lot of other script at the wasted time.
Hope you'll take my advise

I think i would still be able to make the game, but there will be a couple errors, but excusable, easily ignorable errors that wont effect the game itself, i want to find a scriptor but i will try hard to keep the game right...

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
Dude,by far, the best Demo out currently ,if not in the past year.Great Job.

THe events are kinda simple but they accent the game and its story pretty well.

Years
I'm usually not a big fan of games that are based off a manga or an anime series as I don't like sticking to the pokemon a manga/anime character has... and it's so important to do that in these games or else you are not getting the full feel of it.

But this one is awesome

! AvatarKris !

Years
Thanks for the support guys, and finally, I am off school so you can expect a new version to the game to be out soon... not sure up till which event, maybe up til Bill or if I work good enough I can even make it up till Lt. Surge!So you better keep your eyes peeled on this thread, I'll be sure to give updates now and again.

(PS. I forgot the manga chapters for those events)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Good thing there is no support banners I would have to support because I love the Manga and have always wanted a Manga game.

Good Luck with it & Downloading it now.

I can't remember if I posted in this thread before? :/ XD; Anyway when I downloaded it, it never worked:/

! AvatarKris !

Years
Good thing there is no support banners I would have to support because I love the Manga and have always wanted a Manga game.

Good Luck with it & Downloading it now.

I can't remember if I posted in this thread before? :/ XD; Anyway when I downloaded it, it never worked:/

It didn't work ?
Did you extract it and install RTP_Standard from the intall folder?
Btw, the pikachu icon is the game itself.

! AvatarKris !

Years
thank you, i've made little to no progress in 2 months, but that has changed, i'm working again and another demo shall be released this month!!!

PaulUrchin

Imma Spriter wanna be... meh.
Years
Good! I'm a big fan of the manga.

If you're looking for sprites, try the manga section on Serebii. But If you use them you have to credit them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back