• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Project: Communitydex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
To be honest, I was going to make an evoltuion but i'm out of concept ideas. ):
Maybe make it slightly bigger, standing of two feel, teeth and then giving it hands (sorta like charizards)

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
hmm well i'm thinking the natural evolution for that line is a large, jet-like shark. more fins on top, longer wings, etc.

do a google image search for "shamu plane".

also, i think you should do some palette changes to the first stage. the basic and first have identical palettes. change it up a bit.

Years
ooh that vampire flamingo is awesome! work on those legs a bit more and it's gonna be epic.
Thanks. Yeah, the legs are kind of ugly at the moment. They're giving me more trouble than anything. I suppose I could just cut them off, add some shadowy mists and say "Hey, it's a ghost flamingo. It's got incorporeal legs." :p

I like the shark plane idea, but if you want something else to think about you could always try an idea based around one of those big-mouthed sharks. The mouth sort of looks like a jet turbine. That might be too silly though.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
Carrots...
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Yup, the 1st stage is way too big. Just realised when I finished spriting the final stage. Oh well, if anyone is bothered to, feel free to resize.

Maybe you could make the wings "sharp" shaped in the final stage and make hom look intimidating, maybe shape his head like a torpedo or make a shark/submarine/plane hybrid? xD

Hrm... Is this close to B/W-style?

243hhky.png

Maybe darken outlines and higher shade contrast.
I dunno I attempted a B/W restyle:
2v81iki.png

Last edited:

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
Maybe darken outlines and higher shade contrast.
I dunno I attempted a B/W restyle:
2v81iki.png

I've actually already moved from there quite a bit, giving it more vibrant colors and adjusting the shading, but I really like what you did with the coils, so I'll be stealing it just a tiny bit. :D

It's hard to figure out the B/W style... There are so many inconsistencies! In some places it's shaded just like the GBA games, in others there's no shading at all, and those black outlines... I guess they were really designed with continuous animation in mind. You know, I--

Carrots...
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

....Carrots... @_@

Years
Just stopping by to say that you guys are doing great with the sprites and the concepts.
I especially like Bambear and the Carrots. I guess this post would be meaningless if I didn't give an idea:

Name: Cauldrunt
Type: Poison/Steel
Description: A small, gray cauldron, containing green sludge, it has a mischevous look on it's face.

Poster

Will pixel art for pizza
Years
NononoNO!

Why do you guys prefer the B/W style? is it because it's the latest style, and you're following it? ;(

@Logiedanbusyboy: Flying sharks, eh? pretty good concept, but I think that the evo is too similar to the first form. Also, since you might not be making a second evo, why not nourish the first one a bit?

Poster

Will pixel art for pizza
Years
Well I don't really care which style you choose, since my submissions are not of B/W style anyway. ;/

The reason I don't like this style is because of these thick black outlines. If Pixel Art was a religion then this should be a heresy

Years
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

These are quite, quite, quite good. The final stage in particular. You used some very nice greens. Actually, I think that's what makes them so interesting, that you didn't overuse orange. The first one looks great, too, but I can't help seeing a carrot-shaped Diglett in it so it looks like a carrot coming out of the ground upside down.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
i agree... but i generally feel that something more can be done with the carrot concept.

i'd like to think of that carrot line as some equivalent of Bellsprout and evos, but even Bellsprout has some unique qualities to it that makes it well regarded even though it is typically a vine connected to a bell.

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
The carrot basic looks like it needs some work on the greenery. And, the first stage, maybe it should get 'blunted' or atleast sized down?

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
The carrot basic looks like it needs some work on the greenery. And, the first stage, maybe it should get 'blunted' or atleast sized down?

Yup, just that I don't have a good program for resizing cuase whenever I resize any sprite, it becomes fuzzy and pixelated. :x

In any case I'll just let people know again: You may edit my sprites to add improvements etc. etc. xD

Ragnia

Hello
Years
Today when I was looking at the basic ideas for pokemon I saw "Narwhal". Since Narwhals are my favorite animal I created an outline for a narhwal pokemon. The oultline still needs quite a bit of work. Anyone can do something with this I don't really care. Anyway here it is....

NewNArwhalPokeNotComplete.jpg

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
I think that it needs to be smaller. A lot actually. The BW sprites have 96x96 so i don't think it would be wise to be bigger then that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back