• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Doubles Tournament

pmwilkins

Grundleweed Harvester
Years
  • OK so the requirements for this tourney are kinda strange. The teams are only allowed to have 4 pokemon, and there is no specific tier...

Banned: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, Phione (why?), Shaymin, Deoxys, Darkrai, Arceus

Allowed one of the following: Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Groudon, Kyogre, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina

Items Banned: Adamant, Lustrous, Griseus Orbs, and Soul Dew.

My team so far is:

(Lead) Bronzong Levitate Light Clay
    Light Screen
    Reflect
    Explosion
    Skill Swap (Not sure...)

(Lead) Kyogre Choice Scarf
    Water Spout
    Surf
    Thunder
    Ice Beam

Scizor Technician Life Orb
    Bug Bite
    Bullet Punch
    Superpower
    Pursuit (Something else maybe...)

Gengar Focus Sash (not sure about item...)
    Shadow Ball
    Icy Wind
    Focus Blast
    Thunderbolt (maybe Thunder since the rain...)

Salamence Choice Band (Not sure about the item either...)
    Outrage
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Fly (DEFINITELY need to change)

I want to use the Scizor since after the screens and rain it will basically have to weaknesses (just like the Bronzong). Gengar would be good to put in when Bronzong wants to Explode. Salamence is pretty beastly too, it and Scizor cover each other's weaknesses nicely. I also have a Starmie I could use, but Kyogre takes it's place pretty alright. I've also thought of raising a Slaking or a Regigigas to have Bronzong use skill swap with.

The current strategy should be pretty easy to understand. Bronzong sets up screens while Kyogre comes in and outspeeds and Spouts and hits both leads HARD. If Bronzong's health is still high after screens then take it out and switch for something else. If low, switch Kyogre for Gengar and explode. I think maybe Scizor may want a Swords Dance instead of Pursuit. Gengar could use Pain Split too. Thought about giving Salamence a fire move, but in the rain, why bother?

Any suggestions would be helpful for the team lineup, items, and movesets.
    Thanks. I am also welcome to adding something I haven't mentioned if it would fit well (maybe a Vaporeon to absorb Surfs and pass on Wishes). You can PM me or post here.

KinokiGaming

"The only Trollzama."
    Years
  • One Problem I see in your team is that you have no walls. Maybe using Snorlax.

Snorlax@ Lum Berry/Leftovers
    252 HP l 4 Atk l 252 SpD
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk
    -Earthquake
    -Body Slam

Keep Pursuit because of Technician because it will turn into a total of 80dmg (I think) and keep Thunderbolt on Gengar so you can Para Hax with it. I hope this helps.

pmwilkins

Grundleweed Harvester
    Years
  • Well, it is a bit tough to use a wall in doubles. Faster more offensive pokemon usually do better. Plus, with the Dual Screens up, everything becomes a tank. Pursuit with Technician only goes up to 60 unless they switch out, then it is 80. And Thunder would have a better chance of parahax than Tbolt in the rain. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Back