• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you think Charizard's arm is too small?

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Are you think Charizard's arm is way too small? I do.

but, I think if it have bigger arm it will also become weird. (how about longer -_- )
    so, what do you think about it. =)

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I don't think so. Charizard can grasp with its hand well, I don't think it needs to be longer. Charizard is fine the way it is. Well, that's just my opinion anyways.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Ash493 you are right, I never thought about it. haha

Zeffy: its ok, just post your opinion ^_^, about charizard arm too small is just my opinion as well

Last edited:

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Maybe not T-Rex specifically, but certainly some kind of reptile. Think about this, though:

What are wings? (In the case of birds) they are arms that evolved large flaps of skin in order to provide lift. So wing = limb, y/y?

Now look at Charizard. Count its limbs. Two legs . . . two arms . . . two wings. Six limbs? Maybe Charizard should be a Bug type!

But in all seriousness, you see this with other Pokemon too. Dragonite's arms, for example, are kind of short and stubby. Looking at other dragons . . . Druddigon - in this case it's the wings that are somewhat vestigial, which is probably why it lacks the Flying type. Latios and Latias - little arms, yeah? And so on, and on (except Salamence, which exists solely to disprove me grr)

My theory is that these Pokemon are all in a state of evolutionary limbo. Whereas in the real world, birds evolved by arms turning into wings (2 arms + 2 legs -> 2 wings + 2 legs), these Pokemon evolve slightly differently, but with the same end result. (ie 2 arms + 2 legs -> 2 arms + 2 wings + 2 legs -> 2 wings + 2 legs) I just think we've caught them halfway, as their arms are shrinking and wings growing.

Also note that Garchomp, one of the very few winged Dragons with fully developed arms, wears its wings on its elbows, thereby supporting this theory in sorts, especially considering that we see those wings grow between the Gabite and Garchomp stages. If there were to be an additional evolution for Garchomp some time in the future (heaven forbid, it's broken enough as it is) we would probably see its forelimbs entirely become wings, appearing more akin to the traditional wyverns of European mythology.

Also, we really need a lung-based Dragon legendary. Gyarados was close, but no cigar. Needs four legs, a beard and a Rain Dance-based set.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    This Thread become more serious discussion thread than my estimation. o_o
    Ok, just now Misheard Whisper makes me think that Charizard already have two big wings, so that is the reason why is Charizard arms are small. and it's maybe also the reason why if Charizard arm is bigger he will looks weird. but it's also still true if we say Charizard is just simply T-Rex with long neck plus wings.

Edit: now I cannot change my avatar till this thread closed, or just delete look to my avatar part. I trapped myself, haha.

Last edited:

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Eh, don't mind me. I just got caught up in the discussion because I found it interesting. I do that. A lot. orz

And as for the first post, I'm pretty sure you can just edit it to remove that line if you want.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Charizard's arms seem normal to me. Besides, he kinds does look like a combination of a t-red and a dragon. Have you looked at Snivy/Servine? They're even smaller!

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I might call it a sort of bipedal pseudowyvern; it doesn't have many flying moves despite its (proportionately tiny) wings.
    I don't think Charizard's arm size is particularly strange, but the way they usually rest is. If they were bigger it would look better as a true dragon (four legs on the ground) with bigger wings, but I guess Salamence is already that.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • Fun Fact:

Charizard's wings and head have both shrunken as time has gone by. In its original concept art, its head was much larger in relation to its body, making it appear Trapinch-like in appearance, while its wings were proportional to its body, extending down to its tail (the wings can be seen at this size in its generation I sprites).

-

As for his arms, I always assumed their main purpose was for gripping large objects such as boulders and logs to utilize in moves, as well as lifting up larger Pokémon. Still, it must be difficult for a Charizard to have to bend down in order to pick up smaller objects, like a pebble.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Misheard Whisper: it's 100% ok ^_^, your theory really did gave great help in this discussion. thank you!

Back