• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please Rate My Rate My OU Team

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2013
    Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 6 Atk, 252 Def, 252 Sp. Def
    -Spikes
    -Gyro Ball
    -Leech Seed
    -Power Whip

Ferrothorn is my lead and is set to set up Spikes, then wall. His objective is to Leech Seed the enemy into switching out (and taking entry hazard damage) or Power Whip/Gyro Ball them into a KO. It's a Hazardous Wall.

Thundurus @ Zoom Lens
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 252 Sp. Atk, 6 Sp. Def, 252 Speed
    -Focus Blast
    -Taunt
    -Nasty Plot
    -Thunderbolt

If I see my opponent is running Ferrothorn, I use Thundurus as a backup anti-lead. Prankster-Taunt keeps them from setting up and when they switch out, I can Nasty Plot and sweep. STAB Thunderbolt is my main move and Focus Blast is there for coverage. Zoom Lense is to get an accuracy boost for Focus Blast.

Milotic @ Custap Berry
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP, 6 Def, 252 Sp. Def
    -Ice Beam
    -Surf
    -Dragon Tail
    -Recover

My Bulky Water Milotic is set to switch into fire moves aimed at Ferrothorn and Dragon Tail boosted Pokemon away. STAB Surf is the main attacking move and Ice Beam is there for extra coverage. Recover is there to keep me doing so for a long time and Custap enables me to Recover in a pinch.

Chandelure @ Choice Specs
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 252 Sp. Atk, 6 Sp. Def, 252 Speed
    -Heat Wave
    -Shadow Ball
    -Energy Ball
    -Overheat

My main special Sweeper. He's set up to revenge kill and OHKO whatever is in his way. STAB Heat Wave is my main attack. STAB Shadow Ball if I switch into something that resists fire. Energy Ball is there if I can predict my opponent switching into a Water, Rock, or Ground type. If my opponent is down to their last pokemon, Overheat is there to ensure an OHKO.

Jirachi @ Life Orb
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252HP, 128 Def, 128 Sp. Def
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -U-Turn
    -Iron Head

It's a simple set up. It's Wish support. Protect to heal himself, U-Turn to heal my other pokemon. Iron head makes use of Serene Grace to get a 60% chance of flinching.

Haxorus @ Choice Band
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk, 6 Sp. Def, 252 Speed,
    -Dual Chop
    -Brick Break
    -Earthquake
    -Outrage

My Physical Sweeper. STAB Dual Chop breaks Substitutes and deals damage. Plus, it takes out other dragons. Brick Break deals with Ice types. Earthquake helps with coverage. Outrage functions similarly to Chandelure's Overheat--OHKO everything when my opponent is down to his final 2-3 Pokemon.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm concerned about Ferrothorn's EV spread. Is it to increase the HP percentage regained by Leech Seed? If not, maybe this spread would be better: 252 HP/48 Def/208 SDef.

I think Chandelure is better with Fire Blast over Heat Wave. It's true that you lose a bit of accuracy, but the extra power helps.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2012
    Both your main sweepers are locked into moves with choice items. The idea of a sweeper is that they can take down numerous pokemon before getting stopped. The minute someone finds out your chandelure is locked into shadow ball is the second scizor wastes him. I'd suggest switching choice items for life orb, and possibly chosing sweepers with some set-up moves. Thundurus would be better with a timid nature, especially considering nasty plot will up his attack anyway.

It looks like your going for an offensive team, and IMO Ferrothorn isn't the best lead for that. I used to use Metagross as my offensive lead, he could set up SR and hit hard. Then I realised hith dual screen support I didn't need a power house lead because my sweepers could set up much easier anyway.

Back