• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi everybody

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2011
    Hi,my name is João(john in english) and i'm from Portugal.
    I always love pokemon and still do. I was a big fan untill 4th generation and then i stooped watch/play pokemon. But after years i wanted to fell that feeling that only pokemon make..So here i am!
    I don't have a DS and the only game that i have is a non-official Portuguese version of one of the pokemon games. And i have a little question. How can i play pokemon on-line? Only whit DS?

That's all...
    Thank you
    Joao

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
  • Hey, welcome to PC. I sorta stopped being into Pokemon for a little while as well but got back into it for Emerald (So it was a while ago xD). I remember that feeling that only Pokemon gave. I haven't had it for a long time though.
    As long as you read the rules which can be found here you'll be just dandy :3

As for playing online, that is only for the DS you're correct. Although there are programs on the internet that people use to battle. Shoddy, is what I believe is the most popular one but I'm not exactly sure. Either way, a google search should reveal that :3

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • It's nice to get back into Pokemon after a long break. I had a five-year hiatus before coming back into the field a few months ago with Black version and, like you say, it's nice to get that feeling that only Pokemon gives!

Welcome to PC. Enjoy yourself, read the rules and stay safe. If you have a question, don't be afraid to send a message to a Moderator or any other staff member. They'll be able to help you out.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2011
    Thank you Charlizard and Mr Cat Dog!
    I have to update myself cause there's a lot of Pokemons that i don't know, since i stooped in 3th generation.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Hi,my name is João(john in english) and i'm from Portugal.
    I always love pokemon and still do. I was a big fan untill 4th generation and then i stooped watch/play pokemon. But after years i wanted to fell that feeling that only pokemon make..So here i am!
    I don't have a DS and the only game that i have is a non-official Portuguese version of one of the pokemon games. And i have a little question. How can i play pokemon on-line? Only whit DS?

That's all...
    Thank you
    Joao

Your name is so much cooler than mine. ;; Welcome to PC though, João! :DD

That's pretty awesome how you left but came back! Was there any other reason that Pokémon caught your attention again? And sadly you can only legally play Pokémon with a DS. You can play it online, but it's slow, you lose a lot of the new features, and it's technically illegal if you don't own the game so I can't even really help you out there. :(

But hey, I hope you get your DS situation figured out! If you can get ahold of one I definitely would recommend trying out Black or White because they're the coolest Pokémon games graphically, technologically, and just in overall awesomeness that have been out since the 4th gen. Enjoy your time on the forums, João! Don't forget to read the rules. :3

Back