The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 24th, 2011, 07:45 AM
ltsang
Advanced Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
And don't forget pokerus doubles your ev training. Say like a normal pokemon has one ev and double it becomes 2. So your ev training is a lot faster. Also keep track of how you ev train. Like when you stop just right it down and continue it later. I have a notebook full with pokemon ev training right now. My notebook is almost complete. :D Count the pp usage. Like if you have 15 pp 15 X 2 = 30 evs. Until you ran out of pp go to the pokemon to heal your pokemon or deposit it and withdraw it. This style of healing one pokemon is faster instead of healing all 6. Not last but least if a pokemon has 2 ev and it would double so it will be 4. So 15 X 4 is 60. So for that pokemon it has 60 ev. Well I've done what I can. Now it is your turn to go experience the world of ev training. http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/ev.shtml also this site I'm giving you tells you how many ev that each pokemon has. But it is for the 4th gen. I'm sure the 5th gen have the same thing. I can't seem to find it. Can anyone help? Thanks.

For example ev training in Kingler
EV: 252 Atk, 252 SPE and what ever ev you have left I would put it on lets say def is 6. A total of 510 ev for one pokemon.

move sets are: Metal claw, crab hammer, brick break and X -scissor. You want your pokemon to have a huge advantages against other types.

5th gen white: 3954 7616 0505 (WOOT!) Please teach me how to clone in white. Its a lot complicated than hg.

Last edited by ltsang; May 24th, 2011 at 07:53 AM.
Old May 24th, 2011, 07:53 AM
pokehunter87
Pokemon Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySalamence888 View Post
Without vitamins, how many Basculin will I have to defeat to get 252 speed ev's?
you could also use the power anklet if you have one that gives 4 extra EV's for each basculin defeated in battle.

so you'd get the 2 you normally get, plus the 4 from the anklet.

252/6 = 42 Basculin required

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsang View Post
And don't forget pokerus doubles your ev training. Say like a normal pokemon has one ev and double it becomes 2. So your ev training is a lot faster. Also keep track of how you ev train. Like when you stop just right it down and continue it later. I have a notebook full with pokemon ev training right now. My notebook is almost complete. :D Count the pp usage. Like if you have 15 pp 15 X 2 = 30 evs. Until you ran out of pp go to the pokemon to heal your pokemon or deposit it and withdraw it. This style of healing one pokemon is faster instead of healing all 6. Not last but least if a pokemon has 2 ev and it would double so it will be 4. So 15 X 4 is 60. So for that pokemon it has 60 ev. Well I've done what I can. Now it is your turn to go experience the world of ev training. http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/ev.shtml also this site I'm giving you tells you how many ev that each pokemon has. But it is for the 4th gen. I'm sure the 5th gen have the same thing. I can't seem to find it. Can anyone help? Thanks.

For example ev training in Kingler
EV: 252 Atk, 252 SPE and what ever ev you have left I would put it on lets say def is 6. A total of 510 ev for one pokemon.

move sets are: Metal claw, crab hammer, brick break and X -scissor. You want your pokemon to have a huge advantages against other types.

http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml - this is for black and white EV training

Future Wi-Fi Battle Team

Check my thread for what i have to offer;

Last edited by pokehunter87; May 24th, 2011 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 24th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Calamity
Just for the love of the game.

Thanks Pokehunter, but what if I had both the power item and pokerus, how many would I need then?
Happens
Old May 24th, 2011, 09:49 AM
ceremony
rah rah

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySalamence888 View Post
Thanks Pokehunter, but what if I had both the power item and pokerus, how many would I need then?
With the Pokerus and Power Items, I'd use the vitamins as well. I get a lot of money from Black City, Nimbasa City, Gamefreak guy, Cynthia, and the underwater cave has a lot of items you can sell to the rich guy in Undella Bay. I found a $300,000 item before.

If you use 10 vitamins, and EV train with Pokerus and a Power Item, it wouldn't take long because (2sp+4sp)*2=12 Speed EVs from the Basculin.

So I'd take out 12, and remove the Power Item. You'll be at 244.

Then battle two more for (2 Speed EVs doubled=4 EVs per Basculin.) a total of 8, and you'll be at 252.

So, in short, if you have the vitamins, Pokerus, and Power Items:

12 Basculin, remove Power Item, 2 Basculin.

Black = 3310-4621-6704
Diamond = 1292-3359-4411
Old May 24th, 2011, 01:21 PM
ZeldaStrife
PKMN Trainer for 16 Years

Nature: Jolly
all right, I know what the Pokerus is and what it does, but how do I get my Pokemon infected? And then what do I do?
Old May 24th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Antebellum
One Word Extinguisher
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Antebellum
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaStrife View Post
all right, I know what the Pokerus is and what it does, but how do I get my Pokemon infected? And then what do I do?
I believe that it's an event of random chance. Pokerus doubles the rate at which your Pokemon receives EVs, so if I were you, I'd spread the infection and EV Train any Pokemon that you want to make stronger.
Old May 24th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
It only has a very small chance to infect a random Pokemon. Once that Pokemon has got it. You can put that Pokemon into a box of other Pokemon and watch the virus spread.

You then do the effects of which Pokerus gives, train up.

1349 6159 4149 // 1174 [TSV]
(feel free to add)
Old May 24th, 2011, 01:33 PM
ZeldaStrife
PKMN Trainer for 16 Years

Nature: Jolly
so there's no finite way to make my Pokemon be infected by the virus? It is a random occurrence?
Old May 24th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Jeaud
Beginning Trainer

ok my team in pokemon black is:

Pignite lvl 31
Zebstrika lvl 31
Swoobat lvl 31
Tirtouga lvl 31
Krokorok lvl 31

i just got the 5th badge, so yeah, i need someone to compliment my team.
No axew or no pansage please.

i really dont know what pokemon can get along with my team, so yeah, help me pleasee
no specific type or ability.
Old May 24th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
so there's no finite way to make my Pokemon be infected by the virus? It is a random occurrence?
Getting your first Pokerus Pokemon is a bit of a rare occurrence, but it will happen (likely even before the E4). Once you have it, battling with that Pokemon in your team will spread it to others in your team randomly, but fairly consistently.

Eventually, Pokerus will go away and that Pokemon will NEVER be able to get Pokerus again. However, putting the Pokemon in the Box will prevent it from recovering from the virus (so you can prolong the disease and infect more Pokemon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post

It only has a very small chance to infect a random Pokemon. Once that Pokemon has got it. You can put that Pokemon into a box of other Pokemon and watch the virus spread.
Pokerus only spreads to Pokemon you are carrying with you (and only after battles).

Also to note that Pokerus' effects NEVER wear off even after the disease wears off.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaud View Post
ok my team in pokemon black is:

Pignite lvl 31
Zebstrika lvl 31
Swoobat lvl 31
Tirtouga lvl 31
Krokorok lvl 31

i just got the 5th badge, so yeah, i need someone to compliment my team.
No axew or no pansage please.

i really dont know what pokemon can get along with my team, so yeah, help me pleasee
no specific type or ability.
First off, you can beat the game with ANY Pokemon, so there's no point in asking.

Otherwise, try something that isn't Physical... 'Cause 4/5 you have right now are Physical users. Try Whimsicott / Prankster (I don't care what you say about "no specific ability" because any other Whimsicott is crap): Giga Drain, Stun Spore, Tailwind, Shadow Ball. That's pretty good for in-game (but sucks for Competitive).

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

→ Refresh for a different picture
→ White FC: Haruka 0347 0171 1756

whoever disabled my signature:
my signature is not even close to 300px tall.
i dont understand why it was disabled.

Last edited by Gymnotide; May 24th, 2011 at 01:52 PM.
Old May 24th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymnotide View Post
Getting your first Pokerus Pokemon is a bit of a rare occurrence, but it will happen (likely even before the E4). Once you have it, battling with that Pokemon in your team will spread it to others in your team randomly, but fairly consistently.

Eventually, Pokerus will go away and that Pokemon will NEVER be able to get Pokerus again. However, putting the Pokemon in the Box will prevent it from recovering from the virus (so you can prolong the disease and infect more Pokemon)

Pokerus only spreads to Pokemon you are carrying with you (and only after battles).

Also to note that Pokerus' effects NEVER wear off even after the disease wears off.
Actually placing the infected Pokemon in a box works to. I've tried it first hand. :]

(feel free to add)
Old May 24th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Jeaud
Beginning Trainer

what do you guys recommend me, catch a vanilite and train him only for the opelud city gym badge and then catch a deino or fight the gym with my 5 pokemon and catch a deino later?
Old May 24th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Nature: Naughty
Quote:

Actually placing the infected Pokemon in a box works to. I've tried it first hand. :]
Oh. Well, regardless, it only spreads to Pokemon that are next to each other, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaud View Post
what do you guys recommend me, catch a vanilite and train him only for the opelud city gym badge and then catch a deino or fight the gym with my 5 pokemon and catch a deino later?
Is this a joke?
... Yeah, sure. Capture a Vanillite.

... Opelucid Gym is kind of a joke.

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

→ Refresh for a different picture
→ White FC: Haruka 0347 0171 1756

whoever disabled my signature:
my signature is not even close to 300px tall.
i dont understand why it was disabled.
Old May 24th, 2011, 09:56 PM
solarowl
I'll always be an Outsider.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to solarowl
So, I have a question about Porygon. XD
So, I'm breeding for the right nature, and I realized Porygon can only have Trace or Download as an ability. I was using Adaptability as my final ability for Porygon-Z. So if I have a Porygon with Download right now, will it's ability switch after I trade it into a Porygon-Z?
Old May 24th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarowl View Post
So, I have a question about Porygon. XD
So, I'm breeding for the right nature, and I realized Porygon can only have Trace or Download as an ability. I was using Adaptability as my final ability for Porygon-Z. So if I have a Porygon with Download right now, will it's ability switch after I trade it into a Porygon-Z?
If the Pokemon has that ability as an option if it levels up, then it will keep it. So if starts with Download, it will end with Download. But if it starts with Trace, it will evolve into Adaptability.
Old May 25th, 2011, 01:10 AM
PickupTeam
Free Item Abuser

Nature: Quirky
I was told to ask here if I still had this problem, and I do. My Dream World isn't accessible. My pokemon just does not start dreaming. I have now waited for an hour and it isn't dreaming yet. Is there something I'm missing, like, does the game need to be exposed to other copies of the game? Nobody at my complex plays pokemon, and I don't have friends who play.

Painting with Smeargles, all day and night.
Mewtwo's laboratory within my sights.
God, grant me a lightning bolt path-
I pray for safe passage thru numbers and math.

Old May 25th, 2011, 02:52 AM
jigglyppuff8

Nature: Modest
The Dream World is a website. You make it dream by going there. http://en.pokemon-gl.com/

Old May 25th, 2011, 12:16 PM
brushfire2
Beginning Trainer

So I just got a phione from pokemon ranch and am thinking of moving him from my pearl game to pokemon white and breeding it. What do you think I could get with a phione in a trade? Also I got the zoroark from the gamestop legendary beasts event and am breeding zoruas from there(already almost have a box full.) What do you think I can get for those in a trade?
Old May 25th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushfire2 View Post
So I just got a phione from pokemon ranch and am thinking of moving him from my pearl game to pokemon white and breeding it. What do you think I could get with a phione in a trade? Also I got the zoroark from the gamestop legendary beasts event and am breeding zoruas from there(already almost have a box full.) What do you think I can get for those in a trade?
Well, it's whatever Pokemon are on your wants list really.

If you're gonna make a thread make sure it's in the trade corner and to read the rules. Phione can't breed iirc? \:

(feel free to add)
Old May 25th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Quote:
Phione can't breed iirc? \:
Actually, it can breed with a Ditto. (:
Old May 25th, 2011, 01:13 PM
brushfire2
Beginning Trainer

Quote:

Well, it's whatever Pokemon are on your wants list really.

If you're gonna make a thread make sure it's in the trade corner and to read the rules. Phione can't breed iirc? \:
lol actually they can (just bred my first one. reason why I tried was because on bulbapedia's page on phione says on it's trivia section that phione can breed not only from manaphy but also from another phione.)

EDIT: drat beat me to it toujors xD
Old May 25th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushfire2 View Post
What do you think I can get for those in a trade?
It's more to do with how much they want those Pokemon and what exactly you want from them rather than how much they're worth overall, 'cos some Pokemon are worth more to other people. :3
Old May 25th, 2011, 06:30 PM
PokéSwimmer
Keeping time time time

So, with the release of the Pokémon Café Global Link event in Japan, does that mean it's possible to get a female Dream World Eevee? Or are they still set to be male?

Old May 26th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Autey
The Wise One

Nature: Serious
Ok, so I have an adamant Growlithe I'm EV trainning in speed and Attack. At 13 it wont take I think it's Carbos for attack? And it doesn't have any effect. It also has pokerus. So does this mean its maxed out? I need help ):
Old May 26th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autey View Post
Ok, so I have an adamant Growlithe I'm EV trainning in speed and Attack. At 13 it wont take I think it's Carbos for attack? And it doesn't have any effect. It also has pokerus. So does this mean its maxed out? I need help ):
Your description is kind of confusing (level 13, EVs 13...?) but Vitamins only work up to 100 in EVs.

Edit: Also Protein is for attack, Carbos is for Speed. :3

Last edited by Oryx; May 26th, 2011 at 08:02 AM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links