• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    No fair, I just came up with an Avatar (the Asian bending one) plot and someone took it before I could do so. Bleh, it's okay, I'm kind so I'll let whosoever is quicker to make one. :)

Well, there are a hundred Pokémon RPs out there, so who's to say we can't have two Avatar RPs? As long as their stories are different enough.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Well I wanted to make one based on originality. If Diamond wants to make the Avatar RP. He won't hear any complaints from me. :)

I wouldn't be able to start it anyways until my own Rp is done in July.

Years
  • Well I wanted to make one based on originality. If Diamond wants to make the Avatar RP. He won't hear any complaints from me. :)

I wouldn't be able to start it anyways until my own Rp is done in July.

It's okay, anyways. I've my other RP to start soon too. XD

I was thinking, if I were to go with Avatar, should I add in Pokemon? Or just leave it be, but I would want a different plot instead of just fire. Fire rocks (cos I'm Aries xD).

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    If you do, you have to change the entire plot, like don't make it Fire Nation as the bad guys, but perhaps Earth or Water. And making the Avatar from the Fire Nation or Water Tribe would be really cool. :) Don't add Pokemon, Avatar is cool just the way it is!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I like it when you mix pokémon into other things. But for Avatar, since people are benders and have their own powers, I'd say make it without pokémon. Players can have pet animals, maybe :3

I'm kind of in love with Game of Thrones right now. Those wolfies~<3

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • ...Haha, my OOC thread actually got accepted! Yay!
    ...I wasn't expecting that.

Now I have to wait for some people to be interested in it!

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    ...Haha, my OOC thread actually got accepted! Yay!
    ...I wasn't expecting that.

Now I have to wait for some people to be interested in it!

Oh man, I really like the idea of your RP, and would def join if I had room to...Still, I will make an attempt to be apart of your RP! If you'll have me...

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • Oh man, I really like the idea of your RP, and would def join if I had room to...Still, I will make an attempt to be apart of your RP! If you'll have me...

Haha, thank you. I was aiming for my plot to be something different and enticing.
    If you want to join, then by all means please join!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I just realized, watching the index page, that so many RPs now are rated very high. You guys to realize that a rating of PG-17 means that people under 17 shouldn't be there, or should at least be careful and maybe have parental guidance to be there? PG-17 is equivalent to M in the fiction rating system. That's right, Mature.

I've heard people say "I rate my RP PG-16 because I want people to be free to do anything and let any player in". But it's kind of the other way around. Sure, you are free to write about romance and violence if you rate it high. But if you rate it T (for Teen), more people can feel at ease when playing it.

12 year olds shouldn't be in RPs rated M, if you follow the guidelines. Before you rate your RP, think it through again, and if you realize that you don't HAVE to have that high rating you planned for it (in most cases, you really don't), rate it T instead. Or even K+, if you for instance have a journey RP where the only violence will be similar to the anime battles. They aren't bloody, or even realistically violent, if you think about it.

That's my two cents.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Although i agree with you, RHCP, a problem arises in the fact that I'm not aware of most of the ages of my participants, as many of them don't actually display their age on their profiles. However, I will keep this info in mind the next time anyone wants to join my RPs.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It's actually not up to the GM to make sure the players are "the right age". The ratings serve as warnings for those who click a thread. If they click a RP rated K, they won't expect violence, but if they click a RP rated M, they know things might get bloody.

If a 12 year old wants to join a M rated RP, then it's up to them. I just think it's inappropriate. But neither me nor the GM are their parents. Of course, the GM have the right to deny anyone a spot in their RP on decent grounds. But age is a rather controversial matter and people can get offended if they were to be denied because of their age.

So, having ratings as warnings is how it should work. Who signs up for what is then up to the players themselves.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • If a 12 year old wants to join a M rated RP, then it's up to them. I just think it's inappropriate. But neither me nor the GM are their parents. Of course, the GM have the right to deny anyone a spot in their RP on decent grounds. But age is a rather controversial matter and people can get offended if they were to be denied because of their age.
    So, having ratings as warnings is how it should work. Who signs up for what is then up to the players themselves.

Something just makes me feel that that statement is directed towards me... (it probably is... partially) But, hey, i'm thirteen now so :P

And, Impo, interesting to see you on the RP scene... as I think this is the first time I've seen you here :3 I have yet to read your RP though, but I'm about to so... :3

I like it when you mix pokémon into other things. But for Avatar, since people are benders and have their own powers, I'd say make it without pokémon. Players can have pet animals, maybe :3

I'm kind of in love with Game of Thrones right now. Those wolfies~<3

Or you could make it so that you could have one pokemon that corresponds to your element, like a firebender could have an Arcanine...

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Bye

Goodbye Everyone,

I'm going to take a temporary to permanent break from role-playing. Two months-Forever. I just have too much I want to do in real life. So good luck to this section of PC!

PAX, pokemongarnet

P.S. I'll be around for like... a week longer so I might change my mind depending on what pops up here.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It wasn't directed to anyone, Naku ;) I actually don't bother to look at people's ages very often here. It's better to judge people from how they write and act. Which is why it wouldn't be nice to tell people that they shouldn't join a certain RP. Only warn them of what it could contain. Have you guessed my age yet? Hm, or maybe I've told you at some point.

The tribal RP looks very interesting :O I'd want to join it, if it wasn't for one thing... I'll soon be gone for a while again. Well maybe there are more reasons. I'll probably cave in and join another RP soon anyways, and ask for a hiatus when that time comes ::/

I'm not planning to let my RPs die again though! (or kill them, hrm) Someone should take over the GMing role in "Rockets Rising", and "Begin, Again" will simply have to be put on hold. Not that it isn't, already xD

And pokemongarnet, I'm sad to see you go. I hope you'll get a lot of things done in your real life that you want to do then!

Flurry The Celebi

Flurry ~♥~ Tenshi Forever
    Years
  • Well I have this idea for an RP but I'm not really sure if anyone would be interested in it, pretty much you play as shiny legendary's that where hidden in their secondary forms of average looking and or shiny Pokemon and you must save the world from disaster (which has not been thought of yet).

Would anyone be interested in something like that.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    @pokemongarnet Although I don't know who you really are, it's sad to see an RPer go. I hope you change your mind, and if you don't good luck to you.

@RHCP I agree, the tribal RP does look cool, and I would totally sign up for it if I had time or room for more RPs...I'll have to think it over. And have no fear! As long as I'm in Rockets Rising, I'll do my best to not let it die! :D

@Flurry the Celebi The idea is pretty cool, and if you decide to make it, good luck to you.

*reads your update in your sig* What, did you get married?! :D

Years
  • I hope people don't confuse New Land with New Start. -.- xD

Anyways, New Land is like a private server (Should I make it VIP too? o.0) RP with only 3 people whereas New Start is a beehive of RPers. :P (This isn't advertising. :D)

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
    Years
  • I have an idea for a RP but I am not sure if it is a good one. But here is what I got.

City of a Thousand Wishes:

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back