• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Development Team Recruitment

Years
  • Hello! I'm new to PC, but I need some work to do. I'm a writer, so I'm an impeccable grammarian and spelling nazi. As such, I wish to offer my services in the grammar/spelling check department.

Area looking for work: Grammar/spelling checker
    Timezone: UTC-6 Although I am up all hours of the day and night, so timezone doesn't really matter.
    Preferred method of contact: email at [email protected]
    Examples of work: Umm... Do I write a short story here or something?
    Additional Info: Professionalism of dialogue is one thing that can make or break a game for me, and it's a touch that many other people appreciate. I am also willing to help with storyboarding/creative consultation if desired. Although that is less in demand, and understandably so.

Last edited:

Neo-Spriteman

or goloog. that works too.
    Years
    • Age 26
    • MD
    • Seen Jun 19, 2015
    Job: Scripter
    Im a good scripter an anyone can hire me
    Timezone: Australia
    Additional Information: I use PKSV/XSE to script

Dude, this is the Game Development forum. But simce I'm here, I might as well post something.

Recruiting a Team Member
    Team name: Team Glaucous
    Team Leader: I don't like to think of it that way, but I started the project.
    Current Members: Myself, xxDarkDrakkenxx, Venom12
    Current Game title: Pokemon Glaucous Version
    Current progress made: Tons of maps made, events for most of them, graphics are a go.
    Position(s) needed: People that have great ideas, or people who could edit the storyline.
    Timezone: Pacific Time
    Preferred Method of contact: PM, VM, Note on DA (sm97), MSN (PM me about my MSN)
    Additional info: None.

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
    Years
  • Recruiting A Team Member

Team Name: Don't have a name.
    Team Leader: Ęℓαчиıı
    Current Members: Ęℓαчиıı
    Current Game Title: Pokémon: Ironed Heart
    Current Progress Made: Game has been restarted. Maps are on hold and graphics are being implemented. | 15%-ish
    Position(s) Needed: One or two good mappers so that the progess can be sped up.
    Timezone: Eastern Standard Time
    Preferred Method of Contact: PM, VM, deviantART
    Additional Info: As per usual, please send me an example of your work.

Last edited:

Somni

Robot Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2016
    projectaurole.png

• Team name: Project Auro
    • Team Leader: Sean Cruz(Somni)
    • Current Members: Somni
    • Current Game title: Auro: and the City of Fire
    • Current progress made: 10%
    • Timezone: Eastern Standard Time
    • Preferred Method of contact: PM or Email: [email protected]
    • Game Maker Engine: RMXP
    • Positions Available/Needed:
      -Coders who understand and can modify the Pokemon Starter Kit well.
      -Coders who can modify the menus, the battle interface, and rpg elements of the Pokemon Starter Kit.

Additional Information:
    Project Auro is similar to Pokemon games-you capture creatures and build a party with them. However, there will be key differences: there will be new rpg elements, new graphics, and true moral dilemmas that will shape the game. The game setting takes place in a much darker, gruesome time period, where magic exists, and is used to capture wild creatures called Aramons.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Understand that you do not have to be experienced in doing everything. If you could do just one of the things listed below I will consider your application. If you can do more than one thing-great! If you have mild or little experience in coding, I might consider your application if you are dedicated to learning the Kit or program on the job.

How to Apply:

• Full Name:
    • What You Can Do: (What can you do from the coding listed above)
    • Contact(Preferrably Skype/MSN. If not then just name the best way to contact you)
    • Showcase: (Can be collaborations on other projects or videos of past projects, etc)

All graphics, concepts, and designs are copyrighted by Sean Cruz 2011

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 27, 2014
    Recruiting a Team Member
    Team name: Amaranth Project
    Team Leader:ZeroArmada
    Current Members:ZeroArmada
    Current Game title:Pokemon Amaranth
    Current progress made: 6-7 maps finished, GUI 50-60% complete.
    Position(s) needed: Spriters (OWs, trainer sprites, tiles, practially anything and everything that a spriter can do, I need :D)
    Timezone: PST (GMT- 8) Your time-zone doesn't matter.
    Preferred Method of contact: Initial contact done over PMs please.
    Additional info:

Please send some example work.

PC Game Thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=256868

Project Deviantart Profile: http://pkmnamaranth.deviantart.com

Project Website: http://projectamaranth.mygamesonline.org/

Story:
    Spoiler:

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
    Years
  • Team name: D.N.A Inc.
    Team Leader: Yagerbomb
    Current Members: Yagerbomb
    Current Game title: Pokemon D.N.A Version
    Current progress made: Planning and preparation is nearly complete
    Position(s) needed: Spriter
    Timezone: Pacific Time (US&Canada)
    Preferred Method of contact: PM
    Additional info: None

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013

Project: Codename Descent

I?m new here, but I figure I should get the ball rolling

Team Name

Team Descent (Going to Change)

Team Leader

Redfire313

Current Members

Redfire313

Current Game

Pokemon: Codename Descent (Working Title)

Current Progress Made

0% of the game, story in progress

Positions Needed

Scratch Pok?mon spriter (Fakemon and adding evil to existing Pokemon ) - front, back and menu icons
    Overworld spriter
    Trainer spriter
    Musician/sound effects (i.e. Pok?mon cries)
    Character designer
    Scripter (To change how battles work, and add extra features)
    Map Maker (To help me design maps)

Timezone

Preferably (UTC -8:00) Pacific Time (U.S. & Canada)

Method of Contact

PM
    Facebook (Optional)

Additional Info

I want people who have had a bit of experience. I?m not asking for you to be an expert (Though that would be nice) but I want you to have a general understanding of what you are doing. I?d like to see something you have done previous to this. Since this is a team effort, each of us will have an equal say in how the game turns out.

The game itself is a dark game. Not horror dark, but it falls into the suspense section. What need from people on the team is to be able to create a dark atmosphere. There will be no happy Pokemon in the game. No cute Pokemon. If that?s what your good at, then I?m sorry but this game is not for you.

Although it looks like I can?t do anything, I can Map and have a general knowledge of scripting. I just feel that things go faster when you have help, haha. I?m nowhere near great, but it?s a learning experience for not just me, but everyone on the team. I hope to make some great friends :D

That?s about it. If you have any questions about the game itself, just send me a PM. I look forward to working with you great people, and wish you all the best!

This game is being made in RPG Maker XP (Unless something better comes up XD)

[/QUOTE]

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2011
    new team to development

Hi to all, i need a team to create a new game of pkm. if some one is interested plz contact me! ;) tnx

in my pkm game the objectives are:
    - Do battle in "real time"
    - Use the pkm possonoa 6 or 8 moves
    - To choose the region early in the game where playing (Kant, sinnonh, Unima, etc.)
    - To choose their own avatar game

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    2pslq55.jpg

symphonic_destiny_by_gavzxhayley-d3gifee.png
    gematria_by_gavzxhayley-d3fldrq.png

7-1.png
    arietta_forest_by_gavzxhayley-d3gz9bu.png
    where_could_she_be__by_gavzxhayley-d3gze78.png
    let__s_go_by_gavzxhayley-d3gtahe.png

Looking to recruit

Hello there, I am the project leader of Pokémon Forever Lost, and today I'm posting this in need of some help. The game is developed primarily by myself, but I get help from some dedicated team members. And today, that is exactly what I need. Forever Lost is in the need of some talented developers to help us! Below, you will find what we need.

• Team Leader:Abnegation
    • Current Members: Abnegation, Scarf, Hourglasshero, lllWaysToEpica
    • Current progress made: 70% to first demo
    • Timezone: GMT+0
    • Preferred Method of contact: MSN
    • Game Maker Engine: RMXP
    • Positions Available/Needed:
    Scripter: We are looking for a scripter to fill in the gaps in some parts of poccil's starter kit. We also need some menus, but mainly what we need is for someone to do a couple small jobs in Forever Lost to tune up the engine and how the game runs.

Trainer Spriter: We also need someone who is skillful in scratching trainer sprites to help us out.

Mapper: We need a very skilled mapper to help us out here too. They would need to be experienced and have a lot of creativity when creating areas.

Tile Spriter: We also need a skilled tile spriter able to make buildings in the style that the game uses.

PM if interested

Thread

Thanks guys!

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2011
    PokeIsle MMORPG - Team Recruitment

I'm an intermediate programmer from Lithuania, and I've decided to make an online pokemon game, like there used to be pokemoncrater, pokemonbattlearena, or pokemonindigo. I have a few great ideas, I haven't seen on other games, but making everything on my own is a very hard job.
    So I'm recruiting people for my project. Applicants must have knowledge in PHP/HTML at least, and be motivated.

The game will include:
    Maps/walking/pokemon searching in maps;
    Trainer teams;
    Trade center;
    Battles;
    Pokemons with stats/evs/ivs and other stuff.
    Attacks with power/accuracy/effects/effectiveness.
    Shop.

These are just basic things, later more features like live battles, story mode, quests will appear.

Anyone willing to join me, can always contact me via skype: vincaslt

MonsterMMORPG

Monster Game Developer
    Years
  • Free Browser Based Pokemon Style Monster Game : http://www.monstermmorpg.com
    Currently Available Monsters : http://www.monstermmorpg.com/MonsterDex
    Our World Map Preview : http://monstermmorpg.deviantart.com...PG-Map-244048098?q=gallery:monstermmorpg&qo=0

click to see full size

• Team Leader: Me - I am the only coder , developer and owner
    • Current Members: http://miyavis.deviantart.com , http://garbagekeeper.deviantart.com
    • Current progress made: 100% , Alpha Period
    • Timezone: GMT+2 But I am Online At USA Times Too
    • Preferred Method of contact: Live Messenger , Skype , Yahoo Messenger
    • Game Maker Engine: No Engine Purely Coding With C#, ASP.net, Jquery, Javascript, HTML, CSS
    • Positions Available/Needed: Trainer Spriter
    • Rewards : I can make you donator here, buy you premium on DA or send your paypal account money

Alright I need trainer spriters. I need spriters who can draw overworld trainer sprites or trainer spriter avatar size.

The sprites has to be custom made. I don't use any official nintendo stuff. Please contact me via PM :)

The quality i need for overworld trainers is shown below image :

overworldtrainer.png

Trainer sprite portraits i need quality (either of them is fine so you can use either style - the images are just shown for example i don't own the images below):

theguys.png

awesomeop.png

Last edited:

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • Pokemon: Lost Legends
    2rqj79t.gif
    Game information
    Worldslayer608
    Author
    Worldslayer608
    Team
    Progressing!
    Status
    None
    Release

Looking for Help
    For Pokemon: Lost Legends

Pokemon: Lost Legends started in early 2009 as a ROM hack known as Pokemon: Dissension. Dissension moved to the RMXP development soon after and has recently gone under a large revamp in which the title has been changed to Pokemon: Lost Legends.

Pokemon: Lost Legends aims to bring the player to a new level of exploration and training in the world of Pokemon through the use of a much more RPG oriented play style.

Pokemon: Lost Legends is looking for talented individuals who would like to work on a fan game with a committed team behind it. This project has been in the works for some time, and has no intention of ending soon. So join us, and lets make something wonderful!

The Official Pokemon: Lost Legends Thread *Link*

Positions Open

Pokemon: Lost Legends is looking for talented individuals in the following areas:

Scripting: RGSS Knowledge is required.
    Composing: Looking for a dedicated composer with a flare of creativity.
    Spriting / Pixel Artist: Working with trainer sprites is required.

Contact

Those interested may contact me via PM here on The Pokecommunity or by MSN, my handle can be found in my profile or at the top of my post.

25qwrq0.png

raucyu.png

cl4dx.png

2dt9b7m.jpg

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
    Years
  • Recruiting!
    Thread

pokemon_shining_orbs_logo_by_kingsnivy-d41ux7j.png

Team Name: The Shining Orbs
    Current Users: KingSnivy, Minezumi
    Current progress made: 5% :( Not Ready ):
    Timezone: GMT
    Preferred Method of contact: PM or Send a note to My DeviantART
    Game Maker Engine: RPG Maker XP
    Positions Available/Needed: Tiler
    Scripter
    Musician

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2011
    Pokémon: Untold Tales

Recruiting a Team Member

Team name:
    - Pokémon: Untold Tales - Development (I don't really have a team name).

Team Leader:
    - Raimo.

Current Members:
    - Raimo: Programmer

Current Game title:
    Pokémon: Untold Tales

Current progress made:
    I currently only have the intro done, which can be found here on my youtube channel named: RSDGamingClan.

Position(s) needed:
    Spriter/Pixel artist: I currently need a spriter/pixel artist which can make turfs, tiles, houses, clothes, human bases. All this on a 32x32 format.

Timezone:
    GMT+1, Brussels, Belgium.

Preferred Method of contact:
    E-mail: [email protected]
    MSN: [email protected]

Additional info:
    All this is being programmed with Dreammaker, in the Dreammaker language, which is part of the BYOND engine. After the game is finished, it will be used as a game and will be hosted on a 24/7 server. Again, the game can be used with Dreamseeker, which also part of the BYOND engine, and is used to play the games on the BYOND site. The server is going to be displayed on the 'hub', which is basicly a small site where the live server is going to be displayed and you can add a description of the game to. People can access the game to play it through that hub. I can't offer any sort of monetary reward, the only thing I can give you is your well deserved credit on the hub with a link towards your Pokecommunity account, or any link which directs to anything.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2013
    Team name:
    --

Team Leader:
    Lambex

Current Members:
    Lambex

Current Game title:
    Pokemon Battle Revolution Version

Current progress made:
    Maps-%0
    Story-%0
    Graphics and special events-%0

Position(s) needed
    Scripter , maper , spriter etc..

Timezone:
    GMT +5

Preferred Method of contact:
    ~ e-mail [email protected]
    ~ Pm me

Last edited:

TwistedArachnid

It's a one hit wonder!
    Years
  • Recruiting A Team Member

Team Name: CooCooCachu? (haha, we don't have one)
    Team Leader: Myself and a buddy of mine
    Current Members: Myself (scripting/storyline/writing), buddy (mapping/writing), another buddy (writing/playtesting) and my nephew is playtesting (I say buddy because they aren't on these forums yet)
    Current Game Title: Pokemon Titanium (made with RPGXP)
    Current Progress Made: Hmm, hard to say. Our mapper is good to go, story is planned up for a bit, events are being coded. But we need some stuff to really hit things running. I'd say the first town is almost done except for like...events. Hopefully a demo of the first town will be done soon.
    Position(s) Needed: A good spriter, a scripter/event writer (I'm new at this and I learn best by seeing stuff, so I'd like to learn, but also to help with the complicated ideas). If the two people wish, they could even have imput on the storyline (that'll be explained upon accepting the person in). We could also use someone to make an animated gif for the title screen and maybe some other graphics as well (Promotion or game pics)
    Preferred Method of Contact: PM, AIM (TwistedArachnid) just make sure you say 'PokeCommunity' in the first IM so I don't think it's a bot trying to get me to webcam haha
    Timezone: I'm Eastern (PA), my two buddies are in Kansas
    Additional Info: As per usual, please send me an example of your work We'll deliberate and let you know :) Despite being new to the forums, we're definitely dedicated to finishing this. We've both wanted to make a game for awhile now, and finally found the means to do so.

Last edited:

assasinn

Pokemon MAULER
    Years
  • Team name: The Creeps
    Team Leader: None other than myself
    Current Members: I am the only person currently in this group. I am a mapper, and inexperienced scripter and spriter.
    Current Game title: Pokemon Polar Version
    Current progress made: Little to none, which is why I need a team
    Position(s) needed: I'll gladly accept anyone who can contribute something.
    Timezone: I live in the Pacific timezone, but I can be adaptable almost all of next week.
    Preferred Method of contact: Just PM me, I'll be sure to check my messages.
    Additional info I need people with some experience that I can depend on. Other than that, I haven't much more information to really give.

Team name: The Creeps
    Team Leader: None other than myself
    Current Members: I am the only person currently in this group. I am a mapper, and inexperienced scripter and spriter.
    Current Game title: Pokemon Polar Version
    Current progress made: Little to none, which is why I need a team
    Position(s) needed: I'll gladly accept anyone who can contribute something.
    Timezone: I live in the Pacific timezone, but I can be adaptable almost all of next week.
    Preferred Method of contact: Just PM me, I'll be sure to check my messages.
    Additional info I need people with some experience that I can depend on. Other than that, I haven't much more information to really give.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2019
    Recruiting A Team Member

Team Name: Not really one
    Team Leader: I guess that would be me
    Current Members: Myself (Programmer), two buddies (Tileset, Spriting, Mapping, Storywriting)
    Current Game Title: None yet (I would be glad to have a creative teammember thinking of a name)

Engine used: C# with XNA

Current Progress Made: The Mapeditor is useable (Choose tileset, map in layer1/2/3, replace tiles, save/load maps, etc.) and the gamestate-management ingame is done, I guess
    Position(s) Needed: an advanced programmer in C#, maybe a little knowledge of socket programming or - if not - XNA, a creative guy for the graphics like titlescreen, login, HUD or battlebacks, storywriter, mapper (always needed)
    Preferred Method of Contact: PM, I can add you to Skype, MSN or ICQ afterwards
    Timezone: UTC +1:00 (Germany), shouldn't be a problem, though
    Additional Info: If possible send me an example of your work, in case of programmers you can send me a code snipped regarding either XNA or socket programming. Although I would be glad for any help, at the moment I'm responsible for client, server and mapeditor all at the same time :)

We hope to hear from you soon!

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2012
    Free Agent looking for work
    Area looking for work: Story writer
    Timezone: Eastern Standard, -5hr
    Preferred method of contact: pm,vm,email([email protected])
    Examples of work: N/A
    Additional Info: I have had tons of experience, i wish i could show you an example of my work but i recently had a huge thunder storm and all my work was destroyed when the power went out.

Spira

Programmer for Pokemon Eternity
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2023
    Title: Pokemon Eternity (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=182690) Old thread. A few videos included.

Here is a video of our early alpha, if interested:
    Spoiler:

Type: Real time battles, MMO, Created using Python.

Current Active Members: Myself (Coder/Current Leader), Kami-Shi (Coder), Plutomaniacx (Spriter/Mapper)

Progress
    : ~75%.

Positions Needed: GUI Spriter.

We are trying to make a GUI similar to HGSS, so must be able to design a GUI similar to Pokemon. This includes things that aren't in the original game such as a buddy list.

Quest/Story Writer

All of us do a few quests on the side apart from our main jobs in the project, but I need someone dedicated to writing quests, side quests, and story. You must be well versed in the English language.

Music Creator
    Whether it's gathering existing Pokemon sounds and music or creating some specifically for the game, we need you. If you can create music or remix existing songs, let me know.

Other minor positions: Feel free to message me if you think you have something to contribute.

For any position, at least provide a few examples so I know you can accomplish something..

Timezone: US or EU times are fine.

Contact me through PM if interested and we can discuss in MSN or AIM further.

Back