• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chess opening

Tryndamere

the Barbarian King.
Years
  • This is for the chess players out there
    Which move do you play when you begin a game?
    I usually go for e4 which is supposed to be the perfect opening

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • My opening pretty much this

____PP
    __N___N
    PPPB BPPP
    R__QK___R

Blah, it looks like crap here but you should be able to see what my usual is.

Basicly, king and queen pawns up 2, bishops in front of the king and queen and the knights to the lower sides of the front pawns.

Tryndamere

the Barbarian King.
    Years
  • My opening pretty much this

____PP
    __N___N
    PPPB BPPP
    R__QK___R

Blah, it looks like crap here but you should be able to see what my usual is.

Basicly, king and queen pawns up 2, bishops in front of the king and queen and the knights to the lower sides of the front pawns.

Knights should always be moved before the bishops
    and the ruy lopez is an interesting position too

Years
  • I always go for e4, if I play white. Then continue to a 4 Knights opening. If I play black, I usually counter e4 with e5. I've been thinking to adopt Sicilian though. It seems... interesting. XD

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I usually open with e4, unless I've got other ideas in mind. Like, trolling my opponent perhaps. But that usually ends up with me losing and still laughing.

Tryndamere

the Barbarian King.
    Years
  • I always go for e4, if I play white. Then continue to a 4 Knights opening. If I play black, I usually counter e4 with e5. I've been thinking to adopt Sicilian though. It seems... interesting. XD

I play the scandavian (classic) when playing black

Years
  • I play the scandavian (classic) when playing black

1. e4 d5? I don't quite like that opening since it reveals your Queen way too early. XD Unless you go with 2... Nf6 hoping to regain the pawn back later with... idk how. XD I don't have that much knowledge apart from the basic structures of chess openings.

And so, because I'm so used to e4, sometimes I would be blank on how to respond to 1. d4 or 1. c4 if I play black. Lol

I usually open with e4, unless I've got other ideas in mind. Like, trolling my opponent perhaps. But that usually ends up with me losing and still laughing.

Ah yeah. Usually it's not a good idea to stray from the few opening moves that White has. Usually e4, d4 or c4. Rarely the Knights go up first. But other than that, the other moves are inferior.

Last edited:
    Back