• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Just by looking I can hear a bell ring

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
one more look and I forget everything

Do you believe in love at first sight?
I do. Just because I haven't experienced it myself, there's no reason to say that it can't happen to anyone else. No reason at all.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
So do I. Never happened to me before, either, but it could happen, who knows.

I guess it feels like a lock inside your heart clicking and opening. There's a low possibility of it happening, though, since after a while I don't really meet new people-no one outside of college, in particular anymore.

Althea

[For Sale]
Years
I believe that people can convince themselves of anything if they believe in it enough, and love at first sight is no exception.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Mamma mia, here I go again
My my, how can I resist you?

I do believe in love at first sight, yeah. It may or may not happen to me, but I think it's real.

Also, I started singing the song as soon as I saw the title. :x

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I really don't, because I have found far too often that first impressions can be incredibly misleading.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
No way, I don't belive in all that jazz.

For one, I don't see how you could love someone, just by looking at them. You'd need to know much more about them, you'd probably think they just look hot. To really love someone, I belive you'd have to know a lot about them, and work at the relationship and see where that leads.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
Years
Yes! Definitely, I haven't experienced it (Though I guess "Love after a week of knowing you" could apply) myself but I'm sure it exsists and who knows if it'll happen. -- Sure it's probably not love - Something like that takes time and you need to get to know a person before you can truly love them but yeah, I believe very strongly in love at first sight.

Years
No. I believe in 'lust at first sight'.
I find it hard to believe that the first thing someone thinks about when they see a girl/boy is, "I am going to spend the rest of my life with that person."
Normally, you will be drawn to that person due to a physical attraction, but the need to settle down.​

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I've experienced something similar... I don't know if I could call it love, but I was really taken aback the first time I saw this one girl. She was like, the most beautiful girl I've ever seen irl, perfect violinist, and was a genius and skipped two grades... how could you not like her? So, I doubt that counts as love at first sight... more like recognizing perfection.

I sort of doubt it's real, although I don't really know one way or the other.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
No... not necessarily. Although I haven't experienced it yet, I might change my time. But honestly, I don't believe in that stuff.

Ayselipera

I think it really can. I'm not sure if you can feel absolute love for someone the first time you see them, but I think you can just have a feeling about someone at first sight. Maybe not a feeling of romance or any kind of attraction, but just something that you know that feels different.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Love at first sight has never happened to me, but it doesn't happen all the time because it may take some time for the couple to be truly in love with one another.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
No. I believe in 'lust at first sight'.
I find it hard to believe that the first thing someone thinks about when they see a girl/boy is, "I am going to spend the rest of my life with that person."​

This man speaks wisdom.

I honestly believe it's impossible to fall in love with someone just by looking at them. The idea is sort of perverse, that you could see someone and know enough about them immediately to fall in 'love'. I think people confuse 'love' with 'infatuation', or as Fabio said, 'lust'.

Back