• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

tricky room team??

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2012
    Hey everyone! Ok so im new and iv been trying to make a trick room team rather than a weather team because all of my friends have weather and i want a strategy still but no weather involved! so i have decided to go with a trick room team :) its worked for me so far but i just wanted to get some feedback to see if i should change anything! ....ok so my team consists of:

Slowbro(Kenneth) @ leftovers
    Nature: Relaxed
    Ability: Regenerator
    Evs: 252 hp/252 spD/4 def

trick room
    slack off
    surf
    flamethrower

-My trick room lead...decent special attack and very bulky to set up trick room and heal with slack off if necissary...flamethrower for coverage

Porygon2(Orville) @eviolite
    Nature: Sassy
    Ability: Trace
    Evs: 252 Hp/252 def/4 spA

trick room
    recover
    thunderbolt
    ice beam

-My extra bulky computer duck! With eviolite it makes him amazing and my second trick room setter upper...no other purpose other than coverage moves and being a sick wall :)

Scrafty(Henry) @ leftovers
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Moxie
    Evs: 252 def/252 spD/4 hp

bulk up
    drain punch
    crunch
    rock slide

-My bad ass lizard and favorite 5th gen poke...good bulk and decent attack stat which can go higher with bulk up+moxie...drain punch to regain health...rock slide for coverage

Shuckle(Nathan) @ Leftovers
    Nature: Careful
    Ability: Sturdy
    Evs: 252 hp/252 def/4 spD

substitute
    protect
    toxic
    stealth rock

-Toxic staller who benefits greatly in trick room because it is one of the slowest pokemon in the game if not the slowest...stealth rock for entry hazards and protect to rank up poison damage and leftovers

Rampardos(Raymond) @ muscle band
    Nature: Brave
    Ability: Mold breaker
    Evs: 252 hp/252 atk/4 def

head smash
    fire punch
    outrage
    earhquake

-My offensive beast! low speed allows him to come in and just put a dent in anything it touches...head smash if a 150 power STAB move on an already high as **** 165 base attack stat...good hp to take some hits but lame defenses...outrage and fire punch for coverage moves...an overall beast

Cofagrigus(Walter) @ rocky helmet
    Nature: Calm
    Ability: Mummy
    Evs: 252 def/252 spD/4 spA

calm mind
    wil-o-wisp
    trick room
    shadow ball

-My final trick room setter upper lol...great bulk and good ability plus rocky helmet damage along with the spread of mummy...wil-o-wisp to cut foes attack and make him harder to take down...slow as **** to benefit from trick room

Ok thats it for right now! Im thinking about switching someone out for snorlax but im not sure who yet or if im even going to do it...i thought about bronzong but everyone has him and i wanted to be independent :) Thanks for reading if you did and please let me know if i should change anything or not change anything!

-joey

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • IMO, Porygon2 should be Quiet to help it hit harder. Even without its defenses having EVs or Nature benefits, it can still take hits easily factoring in Eviolite

Use Rest instead of Rock Slide on Scrafty because its STABs provide good enough coverage already. It's also better off with Careful to help it take special hits while setting up Bulk Up, as well as this EV spread to take advantage of it: 252 HP/8 Atk/248 SDef.

Shuckle is rather horrible, despite its extremely high defenses. I'd use Bronzong instead, due to its better defensive typing:
    -Trick Room
    -Stealth Rock
    -Gyro Ball
    -Reflect/Light Screen/Earthquake
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP/160 Def/96 SDef
    IVs: 0
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate

Dusclops is better at setting up Trick Room than Cofagrigus due to its better bulk and access to Pain Split:
    -Trick Room
    -Pain Split
    -Night Shade
    -Will-o-Wisp
    Nature: Bold/Calm
    EVs: 252 HP/176 Def/80 SDef or 252 HP/80 Def/176 SDef
    Item: Eviolite

Also, providing items wouldn't be a bad idea.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2012
    Thanks man i will definitely consider those options! the reason i have rock slide on scrafty is bc my brother has a volcorona that always rips through my team but my scrafty can take a non boosted hurricane from volcorona and then hit back with rock slide and OHKO it...but yeah i was definitely thinking about getting rid of shuckle even though i love him lol...i will consider bronzong and maybe even snorlax...thank you!

more answers would be much appreciated! :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Thanks man i will definitely consider those options! the reason i have rock slide on scrafty is bc my brother has a volcorona that always rips through my team but my scrafty can take a non boosted hurricane from volcorona and then hit back with rock slide and OHKO it...but yeah i was definitely thinking about getting rid of shuckle even though i love him lol...i will consider bronzong and maybe even snorlax...thank you!

more answers would be much appreciated! :)

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention to use Shed Skin on Scrafty if you're running Rest because of how it has a chance of shrugging off the self-induced sleep or other statuses in general.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    This looks like a competitive battling team for battling other people, instead of in-game use. So, I am going to move this to the main forum.

Back