• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Change of Heart Challenge

AceOfChance

➝ Koala... an evil koala
Years

• A Change of Heart Challenge

Yuck! Scary! Weird! Freaky!
    Just plain strange!

Let's face it, at some point you have said something like that to a certain Pokémon. We all have one or more species we absolutely can't stand (or can only tolerate to a point).

It's common. It's normal. Quite frankly - it's human.

However, maybe with just a simple challenge we could see if there is some way to make you start to like the Pokémon you currently despise, or at least make you like it a little more. Let me explain . . .

Ani370MS.png
    Rules

• This challenge is quite simple really. You need to go through the game using only the Pokémon you don't like!
    • I won't allow any Cheating or Hacking. No exceptions. (I don't mean you can't use ROM hacks, because you can. Just don't hack in any special items or such.)
    • You may use an Emulator. The Rule above still applies to this.
    • Legendary Pokémon are excluded from this Challenge. You are not allowed to use them - but you can catch them.
    • HM Slaves are allowed. However, you can never use them in battle!
    • No Trading. The only exception I will make is that you are allowed to trade if the Pokémon's Evolution requires it.
    • This Challenge is completed when you beat the Elite Four for the First Time.
    • Go a head and join the challenge at any time!
    • I also ask that you please be honest with this Challenge. Only use the ones you don't like - and I know you know which ones those are. Please refrain from saying you 'dislike' a Pokémon you love and using it. This challenge is designed to see if we can like the ones we thought we didn't like before. Thank you!
    { Note: You must chose the Starter you dislike the most for your first Pokémon! You need to use it until you come across the first Pokémon you don't like. If you want, you are allowed to keep using your starter through the rest of the game. }

Ani370MS.png
    The Ultimate Challenge

• You need to complete this challenge in a Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and (optional) Unova region Game. FireRed, Green, and Blue will all count for Kanto.
    • Best of Luck, Trainer!

Ani370MS.png
    Requirements

• A copy of Red, Blue, Yellow, FireRed, LeafGreen, Gold, Silver, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Black, or White.
    • A strong will to complete this Challenge, and the ability to keep an open mind. I realize that maybe we can't like the Pokémon we despise. However, I think we can at least give it a shot!
    • The aspiration to Have Fun.
    Ani370MS.png
    The Challengers

For R/B/Y, FireFred, or LeafGreen.
    Spoiler:

For G/S/C, HeartGold, or SoulSilver.
    Spoiler:

For R/S/E
    Spoiler:

For D/P/Pt
    Spoiler:

For Black or White
    Spoiler:

For the Ultimate Challenge
    Spoiler:

Ani370MS.png
    The Champions

For All the Games
    Spoiler:

For the Ultimate Challenge
    Spoiler:

Ani370MS.png
    Best of Luck!

I shall now bid you all farewell, and good luck on your challenge. I would briefly like to remind you that posting your progress in this thread is definitely allowed and preferred - but optional! I will also be competing in this challenge along side you.

Sincerely,

AceOfChance

Spr_b_5b_370.png

Nineray

Green Okido
    Years
  • i'll use leafgreen for this, which means i'll have a bunch of bug types on my team
    Nineray
    Leafgreen
    Single

Lezza

The Guy who loves Braviarys
    Years
  • I might sign up for the Ultimate challenge..

Lezza
    Ultimate
    Yellow, Soulsilver, Ruby, Diamond, and White

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2016
    Eh, I hate a lot of pokemon so I'll run this.

MakeMyMilk45
    Ultimate
    FireRed, ShinyGold, Emerald, Diamond, White

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
  • I'm tempted to enter this with Charizard and all of the other stupid fire starters. Just don't expect me to like them any more :3

One question though, when you say "no hacking", does this include pokemon? And I don't understand, why no trading? My team would probably consist of something like Charizard, Typlhosion, Pidgeot, Infernape, and some other stupid thing like Machamp or something. I would need to do a LOT of hacking/trading. Because my most hated pokemon are spread across various reginal pokedexes.

It really just doesn't make sense.

TheBowsinator

Pi Lieker
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2022
    Hiya! Seen this before, but SURE why not!

I'll do Kanto and Hoenn

Fire Red and Sapphire

Yeah...

.: Symbiosis :.

The connection of two
    Years
  • Sounds fun, easier way to bond with your mons without Nuzlocking.
    I'll do it on Blue,team will be Venusaur(hate this fella), Beedril (it bugs me so much) and Golbat(those are the worst)

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
    Years
  • I'll be doing this with some disliked pokemon in Emerald.

ME be using Emerald here!

Name: pokepokemo
    Version: Emerald
    Possible pokemon: Sceptile, Wailord, bunch of other guys.....

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I'll go for Black~

I HATE Garbodor, Vannilluxe, Sigilyph, Cofigrigus, Scrafty and Druddigon - they're all HORRIBLY designed in my opinion and NONE of them should've been included >< But that makes for quite a diverse team, so I guess it's my team! For starter, I like all of them tbh but Snivy's my least favourite so I'll choose him and ditch him once I reach Scraggy, Sigilpyh & Yamask in the desert/resort. Then get Trubbish just after Nimbassa, Vanillite in the next town and finally Druddigon will be Irricus City I think? No need to read all that, just planning myself. xD

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
  • Change of Heart Challenge! FireRed Chapter

Hate Log #1:

*Named myself PJ
    *Named my rival HATER because he's gonna hate
    *Chose CHARMANDER a.k.a. LIZARD MAN (I like Charmander, but I prefer Bulbasaur and Squirtle)
    *Beat up HATER's SQUIRTLE and took his money
    *Did the whole pointless Parcel delivery stuff (Really, he should have just given me the Pokédex and Poké Balls from the get go.)
    *Got the Town Map (not like I need it)
    *Some old guy tries to teach me stuff (I've played this game before)
    *Mosey on over to Viridian Forest

TIME TO CATCH THE FIRST HATEMON

*First encounter was a Metapod. As much as I hate it, I like it's evolved form. I don't want to use something that only knows Tackle and Harden. That would just be agony.
    *Next couple of encounters were Weedles. Same deal. I like Beedrill.

1,000,000 Caterpies later…

Spr_3f_025.png

YELLOW RAT Lv 3

I have some weird love-hate relationship with this thing. As much as I find Pikachu cute, I hate it in-game. It never struck me as a Pokémon I want on my team, even as a Raichu which I actually like. I would only ever use one with a gimmick, such as Surfing Pikachu. There are just so many Electric-types I would use over this one. Plus, I still have a grudge from this punk killing my potential Butterfree on my Nuzlocke challenge. Y U DO DIS?

*Boxed LIZARD MAN
    *Beat up HATER again
    *Thundershock'd my way through Viridian Forest

Next Time: How to beat up Brock using only a Pikachu. Can I do it? I don't even know.

Back