• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pseudo-Habitat Challenge

.: Symbiosis :.

The connection of two
Years
  • Introductions

Okay,so most of you remember,or know the concept of the Habitat Challenge, right?
    To those that don't, I'll remind you,
    FR/LG introduced Habitats,which were a conjunct of places,where Pokemon were most likely to live if they were real, or if the game wasn't based on routes.Later the Habitats helped to sort out the Pal Park Pokemon placement.This however was only implemented on FR/LG.
    Since,this function as only implemented on FR/LG,Pokemon from Generations IV and V don't have an assigned habitat,so I decided to come up with the "Pseudo-Habitat Challenge!"

A few challenges,sorting Pokemon by appearance have already been done,but what i'm basically doing is sorting them by locations,I've thought of, like real life habitats,one Pokemon may be in more than one of those,this however,will be rare.

But before we proceed any further,we better take a look at the rules, shan't we?

Rules

1. All main PokeCommunity rules apply (i.e. No Spamming,No Flaming,etc.)
    2. No cheating,the only instance hacking is accepted,is if you can't get a Pokemon of your area before the second gym,and if it's a pain to catch (Abra,for example) we can sort it out
    3. If you can only catch one,or two pokemons on your version,that matches the terms,you may hack enough for a team of 3 with 2 badges intervals.
    4. Trading is allowed only for substituting the above scenario,or evolving pokemon.
    5. You can do an Ultimate, i.e.: Do a run using the same requirements through all games.At the moment, BW isn't needed,but it would be appreciated.
    6. Have fun.

The Groups

Some groups,due to extension will have subgroups, to sort them further. Also, let be known that just because one Pokemon is on a group,it doesn't mean that its /pre-evolution/evolution(s)/alt. forms have to also be on that group.

Some Pokemon can be suited on a certain area,for it's possible use instead of its form. For example, Cacturne on a farm,since it's a scarecrow, or Seadra on a garden,as it can be used as a watering "can".Use your imagination.

Gardens
    Spoiler:

Graveyard
    Spoiler:

City
    Spoiler:

Laboratory
    Spoiler:

Rainforest
    Spoiler:

Farm
    Spoiler:

Savannah/Field
    Spoiler:

Water
    Spoiler:

Valhalla
    Spoiler:

If there's a typo,or I missed someone,or you want to opine on Habitat placement,contact me,either here or on VM and we'll sort that out.

Participants

Just tell me the game,and your habitat,and you're ready to go;
    As for me,I'm doing an Ultimate (Blue-Gold-Ruby-Diamon-White) with Laboratory.

Participants:
    Symbiosis - Ultimate (B-G-R-D-W)/Laboratory
    Lezza - Pearl/Field
    miltankRancher - Diamond/City - Animals
    tachikaze316 - Ultimate (FR-C-E-Pt-B)/Rainforest
    dcodyk099 - Ultimate(FR-C-E-Pt-W)/Graveyard
    j_Woo - Ultimate(Y-S-R-P-W)/Field
    Luigi-San - Sapphire/Rainforest
    HannahB - Ultimate(LG - SS - S - Pt - W)/Rainforest
    Champs:
    None atm

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • hmmm... Is this a viable challenge to add to my two running challenges? it seems interesting though...

I'll do a Diamond City/ Animals. (Does that mean I cannot use Lucario since he is in the City/ Humanoids group?

The connection of two
    Years
  • Adding the two of you,technically Lucario is an animal,I put him in Humanoids because he does resemble humans a lot,so yeah you can you use it ^_^

While i'm at it,criteria for sorting for the curious:

Gardens: Be a plant, or a helpful bug(butterfly and bee) + Horsea/Seadra
    Graveyard: Some humanoids that could weep,some ground types for gravekeepers and ghosts and dark
    City: Man-shape,animals(Bugs,normal animals and pets) and objects/food.
    Laboratory: Artificial lifeforms that aren't mythical(ex.: Geodude,Onix) and fossils.
    Rainforest: ... animal based pokemon that could live on a rain forest + sudowoodo(complete plant)
    Farm: Pokemon that could live in a farm,and foxes that sneak in to steal chickens ^_^
    Field: POkemon that only fit on a savannah or grassy area.
    Vlahalla: Mythical pokemons(Dragons)

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Ok. I am changing. I will use my platinum since I cannot find my Diamond Rom. :))

I have a question. i will be starting out as a Turtwig, then play until I get my eevee in eterna. When can I trade in (or hack in) another eevee?

Last edited:

The connection of two
    Years
  • You can't, as you can get Starly,Staravia,Staraptor,Shinx,Luxio,Glameow,Purugly,Chatot,Riolu,Croagunk,Toxicroak,Finneon,Lumineon

Rounding up to Staraptor,Luxio,Purugly,Chatot,Lucario ...,Toxicroak and Lumineon.
    Which are more than 5,leaving you enough options,so sorry but you can't hack another Eevee.

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    Sign me up!

I'll do a Rainforest Ultimate. Fire Red, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum and Black.

Also, just wondering...is breeding allowed?

Oh, and is there a minimum team size?

Last edited:

The connection of two
    Years
  • @tachikaze316 NO,no team limit,and if the baby (or a branch evolution) fits the requirements yes,but if only the evolution you already have,only if you want dupes

@miltankRancher G'luck then

tachikaze316

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    Okay then. Thanks.

Fire Red: Update #1.

-Started the game, chose the female character and named myself Tachi.
    -Chose Squirtle as my starter.
    -Beat Gary.
    -Headed to Viridian City and got Oak's parcel.
    -Delivered it. Got pokeballs and the pokedex.
    -Quickly went to Viridian Forest and caught Papillon the Caterpie.
    -Did some grinding to get Papillon to level 10, evolved him twice.
    -Boxed Squirtle, went out to Route 22.
    Pokemon-FireRed_02.png

-Beat Gary.
    -Went through to Pewter City and the first gym.
    Pokemon-FireRed_03.png

-Solo'd Brock with Papillon.
    -Headed out through Route 3, got the running shoes, beat all the trainers.
    -Went through Mount Moon.
    -Caught Solid Ekans on Route 4.
    -Beat Gary and the Nugget Bridge trainers.
    -Defeated the trainers on the road to Bill's house.
    -Got the SS ticket.
    Pokemon-FireRed_04.png

-Fought and beat Misty.

Current Team:

Pokemon-FireRed_06.png
    Pokemon-FireRed_05.png

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2023
    I'll try it..

Graveyard Ultimate- FireRed, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, and White

j_Woo

Patnogonian
    Years
  • can i do ultimate field (fire red, silver, ruby, pearl, white)? this sounds fun ^_^

Last edited:

tachikaze316

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    Fire Red Update #2

-Beat up the grunt in the backyard of the house behind the gym, got TM28
    -Fought my way down to Vermillion City
    -Battled everyone on the SS Anne, curb stomped Gary.
    -Got Cut, taught it to a HM slave.
    -Headed into the gym.
    Pokemon-FireRed_01.png

-Beat Lt. Surge.
    -Headed back up and through Rock Tunnel (Flash? What's that?)
    -Went to Celadon City, got Tea
    -Got TM29 from Saffron City, taught it to Papillon
    Pokemon-FireRed_02-1.png

-Rushed through the Rocket Hideout in Celadon, beat Giovanni, got the Silph Scope
    -Beat Team Rocket up in Pokemon Tower, got the Pokeflute
    -Went south and got the super rod, fished up Dwayne the Poliwhirl just north of Vermillion City (Get it? Because Dwayne Johnson's a wrestler and Dwayne sounds kinda like drain)
    -Got TM13 in the game corner, taught it to Dwayne.
    -Bought a water stone and evolved Dwayne.
    -Dwayne beat most of the Celadon Gym.
    Pokemon-FireRed_03-1.png

-But Erika was a team effort. I didn't actually lose anyone during the match, I just figured "she has three pokemon, I have three pokemon, why not match them up one on one?"

Current Team:
    Pokemon-FireRed_01-1.png
    Pokemon-FireRed_05-1.png
    Pokemon-FireRed_04-1.png

I think I might just stick with these three for this game. I can probably get pretty good type coverage out of them.

tachikaze316

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    Fire Red Update #3:

-Ran down to Fuschia City
    -Got Surf and the Warden's teeth from the Safari Zone
    Pokemon-FireRed_02-2.png

-Smashed Koga
    -Went back to Saffron City
    Pokemon-FireRed_01-2.png

-Cleared Team Rocket out of Silph Co.
    Pokemon-FireRed_02-3.png

-Swept Sabrina's team. She got one turn during the fight, and wasted it on Calm Mind.
    -Because I'm too lazy to catch a fly slave, ran to Vermillion City, bought repels and went through Diglett's Cave
    -Surfed down to Cinnibar Island.
    -Went through the mansion and got the key to the gym.
    Pokemon-FireRed_06-1.png

-Y'know how he says "don't waste it (Fire Blast) on an aquatic pokemon"? Guess what all the damage Dwayne took came from.
    -Ran/surfed to Viridian City
    -Went to the gym, beat the "You must be running out of steam" guy first...like I always do, his placement seems to suggest he's meant to be fought first, but his dialogue suggests he should be fought after a bunch of others, what's up with that?
    Pokemon-FireRed_07.png

-Beat Giovanni easily.

Current Team:
    Pokemon-FireRed_08.png
    Pokemon-FireRed_09.png
    Pokemon-FireRed_10.png

The connection of two
    Years
  • Havin' Problem with Misty,but it's a x4 weakness, so ...
    I did beat Brock though,now I'm grinding Rocky and Roxanne my Geodude for Misty.

Back