• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my Team.

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
I just started wifi battling and I've put together this team. Constructive criticism is appreciated.

(Generation V By the way)

Roserade @ Leftovers
Ability : Natural Cure
Nature : Timid
Effort Value spread : 252 HP, 252 Speed, 4 Def

- Toxic Spikes
- Sleep Powder
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Dark]

Offensive lead who can set up Toxic Spikes. Hidden Power [ Dark ] to cover its major weakness : Psychic.

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Ability : Regenerator
Nature : Naive
Effort Value spread : 252 Att, 252 Speed, 4 HP

- U-Turn
- Stone Edge
- Hi Jump Kick
- Fake Out

It has Regenerator + Life Orb. Perfect Physical sweeper. Stone Edge to cover its major weakness : Flying. U-Turn to scout a bit ( Also to hit one of its weaknesses : Psychic), and obvious Fake Out is obvious.

Zoroark @ Life Orb
Ability : Illusion
Effort Value spread : 252 SpA, 252 Speed, 4 HP

- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot
- Nasty Plot
- Night Daze

Special Sweeper. Takes the Illusion of Roserade after Roserade switches out of battle (And it takes the last spot). Zoroark takes the spot and uses Grass Knot to fool them. They go for the Psychic move ( Since it is quite common, and Zoroark is immune to it ). Otherwise go for the Night Daze on the Psychic / Ghost type. Focus Blast for type coverage and Nasty plot to raise SpA.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability : Levitate
Nature : Bold
Effort Value spread : 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpD

- Moonlight/ Wish ( I'm not too sure, I really need help on this one [Can Cresselia even learn wish? o.O] )
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

BULKY, VERY VERY BULKY. Psychic for Stab and Ice Beam for coverage.
It's a WALL, it can take almost every hit in the current meta game, including weak Dark and Ghost type attacks ( Unboosted ). Also, I am not gonna discard this 'cause it's my favorite Pokemon.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability : Water Absorb
Nature : Bold
Effort Value spread : 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 HP

- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Scald/ Surf ( Not too sure yet )
- Aqua Ring.

Baton passing Wall. If I manage to get either the sub or the aqua ring up I can Baton pass it to Zoroark / Mienshao to heal off that recoil ( Life Orb ) damage. Scald/ Surf for stab and some damage.

Latias @ Soul Dew
Ability : Levitate
Nature : Modest
Effort Value spread : 252 SpA, 252 Speed, 4 HP

- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Special sweeper, only this time with recover to heal off any persistent damage.

As I had mentioned earlier, constructive criticism is appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys! Rate my team!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
On Latias, Soul Dew actually isn't released so you can't use that, instead go for Life Orb, or Choice Specs, depending on whether you want to freely change your moves or have a bit less power. Plus Psychic isn't really that great on Latios, rather Psyshock is better since you can hit the non specially-bulky Pokemon. Also surf > thunderbolt to hit things like Heatran and stuff for good damage.

On Vaporeon, Scald is of more use considering it's not an offensive one, so you really want that chance to burn to hurt physical types that can otherwise annoy you.

On Cresselia, go for Moonlight cause it can't learn Wish.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
Okay, I did everything you said, but what's with Soul Dew not working on the Latis?

If so, then Imma replace my Latias. :(

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
HP Dark doesn't provide Roserade coverage apart from Psychics and Ghosts. It's better off with HP Fire for Steels and HP Ice for Dragons. Zoroark can already take care of Psychics and Ghosts.

For Zoroark, Dark Pulse is the better option over Night Daze because Night Daze is more likely to miss, which can cost Zoroark's life in battle. Use Flamethrower over Grass Knot for a way to deal with Scizor, Skarmory, Forretress and Ferrothorn.

If Mienshao is Naive, use HP Ice over Fake Out so that it can deal with Landorus, Dragonite, Salamence and Gliscor.

Cresselia can't learn Wish xP

Edit: Soul Dew isn't available in Gen V.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well because the Poketransfer doesn't allow you to take items over to Black and White, and since this is generation V, there's no other possible way to get it. :( It can still work without the soul dew, however and generally can be an annoying force to face even without it due to its speed/power, but it's up to you.

tj4bigred

Instant Classic
Years
I don't understand the nature on Mienshao... All of its attacks are physical, you should be running Jolly. Personally, I run HP Ice over Stone Edge, so I do use Naive.

Also, your team has a big weakness to Bug type moves. Not good with Scizor, Heracross, and Volcarona being so common. I'd switch Latios with Heatran. A Specs Heatran running Overheat would be very similar to Latios, while sporting a x4 Bug resistance.

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
Well because the Poketransfer doesn't allow you to take items over to Black and White, and since this is generation V, there's no other possible way to get it. :( It can still work without the soul dew, however and generally can be an annoying force to face even without it due to its speed/power, but it's up to you.

I do have Soul Dew. ( Action replay xP)

@ PlatinumDude- I made the changes for Zoroark, but I really am not gonna consider HP fire for Roserade 'cause I'm getting a Heatran now.

Edit : Also, can someone give me an alternative for Zoroark's Focus Blast? More like.. Focus MISS. :/

tj4bigred

Instant Classic
Years
Unfortunately, Focus Blast is the only viable Fighting type Zoroark has access to. If the misses really are terrible, you could utilize Hidden Power Fighting, but at that point the power would be too weak to do much damage anyway.

You could keep Grass Knot, Flamethrower, Dark Pulse, NP, but the set would be pretty much walled by Heatran. Houndoom would walk all over the set too, but you wouldn't normally see him out of UU anyway.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I do have Soul Dew. ( Action replay xP)

@ PlatinumDude- I made the changes for Zoroark, but I really am not gonna consider HP fire for Roserade 'cause I'm getting a Heatran now.

Edit : Also, can someone give me an alternative for Zoroark's Focus Blast? More like.. Focus MISS. :/

Okay, then here are a couple of Heatran sets for you:
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power (Ice/Grass)
-Stealth Rock
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Air Balloon

or
-Lava Plume
-Stealth Rock/Roar
-Protect
-Toxic/Will-o-Wisp
Nature: Calm
EVs: 248 HP/100 SDef/160 Spe
Item: Leftovers

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
Okay, then here are a couple of Heatran sets for you:
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power (Ice/Grass)
-Stealth Rock
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Air Balloon

or
-Lava Plume
-Stealth Rock/Roar
-Protect
-Toxic/Will-o-Wisp
Nature: Calm
EVs: 248 HP/100 SDef/160 Spe
Item: Leftovers

I just obtained a Shiny Heatran through AR and LUCKILY, I got 31 IVs in HP, SpA and Speed. I just finished EV training it now and I got it to 100 with EXP hax.

Here is what I have :
Heatran @ Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flame Charge

Also, I'm depositing Mienshao and I'm gonna get a physical sweeping Tyranitar, any suggestions? ( Movesets, EVS, etc.)

Edit : Btw, I also wanna try out one of the three(Four) musketeers, Is anyone of them in the OU tier? If so, can someone please tell me how to use them? <3

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I just obtained a Shiny Heatran through AR and LUCKILY, I got 31 IVs in HP, SpA and Speed. I just finished EV training it now and I got it to 100 with EXP hax.

Here is what I have :
Heatran @ Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flame Charge

Also, I'm depositing Mienshao and I'm gonna get a physical sweeping Tyranitar, any suggestions? ( Movesets, EVS, etc.)

Go for Dragon Pulse > Flame Charge as an alternative to hit dragons harder than HP Ice since SR isn't a TM in B/W aaand on Tyranitar,

Tyranitar@Choice Band
Sand Stream
156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower / Aqua Tail

Be aware that the sandstorm may hurt your other Pokemon unnecessarily, so you could opt for an unnerve one. :x

And yup, Terrakion/Virizion are. :3

Terrakion@Choice Band
Justified
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Sacred Sword / Quick Attack

Which is generally pretty powerful. :x It can also go for LO/Choice Scarf sets, with the attacks basically the same, just with the natures varied.

Virizion@Life Orb
Justified
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly/Naive
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Hidden Power Ice / Stone Edge

Calm Mind w/ Giga Drain is another alternative, but be aware of the accuracy of Focus Blast, which is generally why I'd choose this.

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
Replacing my entire team because its weakness to Bug, even with a Heatran in the party, is too much.

Okay so, completely replaced my team, figuring that it was too weak to Bug, and if I had let my Heatran faint then it would've been game over.
Anyway, here's the new party. Gathered 3 pokemon so far. ( I need 2 Walls[Physical and Special] / Annoyer, and 1 Lead)

Right now my party is :

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Ability : Motor Drive
Effort Value Spread : 252 Att, 252 Speed, 6 HP
Nature : Adamant.

- Wild Charge
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Cross Chop.

The common Electivire for mass type coverage, figured that not many Pokemon can take this beast down, and it works really well with my other party pokemon, namely :

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability : Flash Fire
Effort Value spread : 252 SpA, 252 Speed, 6 HP

- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power

Special sweeper. Sets up SR too.

And last but not the least,

Virizion @ Life Orb
Ability : Justified
Nature : Jolly
Effort Value spread : 252 Speed, 6 HP, 252 Att

- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Bade
- Stone Edge

Physical sweeper.

Okay, so now I need a good lead, a pokemon which can annoy and tank, and a wall. ( Physical or special will do)

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
^rofl

Anyway

Okay, I did everything you said, but what's with Soul Dew not working on the Latis?

Soul Dew is banned until its released. Use Life Orb or Specs. Though, to be honest just use Latios because it has higher special attack. Surf > Thunderbolt to hit steels like Heatran and also HP Fire > Psychic to nail Scizor, Jirachi and Ferrothorn whom are amongst its biggest check. Then in the last slot use Trick with Specs to cripple special walls or Recover with LO or you can use Psyshock with any item to hit special walls. Also use a Timid Nature, Lati@s have fantastic speed and max speed with timid beats some key threats.

Hidden Power Dark on Roserade is trash it doesnt hit anything. Use HP Fire or Ice so you can actually hit viable pokemon, see: Steels and Dragons respectively. However, Spikes would benefit this team much more because teams that hit hard right off the bat appreciate Spikes immediate damage. Id replace it with this set:

Roserade@ Leftovers
252HP / 120 Def / 136 Sp.Def
Calm Nature
Trait : Natural Cure
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- HP Fire
- Rest

Unfortunately Spikes is illegal with Sleep Powder. Natural Cure and Rest is an awesome combo and lets Rose stick around. Giga Drain and HP Fire for STAB, recovery and coverage.

Flamethrower > Grass Knot on Zoroark. Flamethrower hits steels and stops things like Jirachi from totally walling you.

Anyway this teams main problem is the fact that every time a dragon comes in and clicks "Outrage" or "Draco Meteor" you lose a Pokemon. Cress is 2HKO'd by any respectably hard dragon hit such as specs Latios or CB Nite, it even loses to DD Nite. Id replace Vaporeon for a bulky steel type.

edit: dont use e-vire, not only is ability absolutely useless with team preview. Its also walled by pretty much everything. :/

Last edited:
Back