Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner
Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 15th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Frazzevous
I wanna build a snowman~
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Bashful

Advertise here
After some time of stalking this thread, I've finally mustered enough guts to post an intro sort of thing. So, um, hello. :3 I'm pretty new to this forum but not to role-playing. I wish to improve my writing skills through RPs, so here I am. :D Anyway, will the casual RP that you guys were talking about still happen? Oh, and Akio? I'm interested in your RP as well.
Old May 15th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkittishHeart View Post
After some time of stalking this thread, I've finally mustered enough guts to post an intro sort of thing. So, um, hello. :3 I'm pretty new to this forum but not to role-playing. I wish to improve my writing skills through RPs, so here I am. :D Anyway, will the casual RP that you guys were talking about still happen? Oh, and Akio? I'm interested in your RP as well.
Hi! Glad to see that a new face found her way here. The best way of improving your skills is to simply sign up for something and play until you get the hang of it. Most players here are helpful and nice, whether you are new or an oldie, so don't hesitate to ask if there is something you don't understand. If it's a general RP question, you can ask here. If it's a question about a specific RP, it's better to ask in that RPs OOC thread or to ask the GM directly.

Don't know if that casual thingy will kick off, but if you are looking for RPs to join, a good way is to check the latest posts in this thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...=245624&page=8 Subscribe to it, and you'll get notified when new roleplays come up :3

You can also take a look in this thread http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=263823 to see what different kinds of RPs we have.

I hope you'll find something that suits you and that you will have fun around here.

moderator of roleplay corner & pokémon general
proudly paired with abnegation
¤
Old May 15th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
ShinyDiamond- Thanks for nominating me in the RPA's SD~

Skittisheart- welcome to PC if you need any help i'd be glad to help you
Pair
Roleplays
Deviantart
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell

Last edited by Rose Quartz; May 15th, 2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old May 15th, 2012, 08:20 AM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Quote:
Nice to meet you. The best way to improve of course is to sign-up for any RPs. The Roleplay Lounge has many OOC RPs you can sign up for. I guess this is a short answer.

@PS: No problem!

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old May 15th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Frazzevous
I wanna build a snowman~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post

Hi! Glad to see that a new face found her way here. The best way of improving your skills is to simply sign up for something and play until you get the hang of it. Most players here are helpful and nice, whether you are new or an oldie, so don't hesitate to ask if there is something you don't understand. If it's a general RP question, you can ask here. If it's a question about a specific RP, it's better to ask in that RPs OOC thread or to ask the GM directly.

Don't know if that casual thingy will kick off, but if you are looking for RPs to join, a good way is to check the latest posts in this thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...=245624&page=8 Subscribe to it, and you'll get notified when new roleplays come up :3

You can also take a look in this thread http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=263823 to see what different kinds of RPs we have.

I hope you'll find something that suits you and that you will have fun around here.
Awesome, thank you for linking all those as well as for the useful information. ^^ I'm really looking forward to RP here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyDiamond View Post
Nice to meet you. :) The best way to improve of course is to sign-up for any RPs. The Roleplay Lounge has many OOC RPs you can sign up for. I guess this is a short answer.
No worries about the short answer: I usually do that, too. Anyway, thank you. ^^

Last edited by Frazzevous; May 15th, 2012 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Ninja'd
Old May 15th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

@RHCP- waaaaa even you nominated me :D thankk youuu~ and i'll TRY being less spammy :p
Pair
Roleplays
Deviantart
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old May 15th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Denny Hamlin
i can f e e l again

Quote:
Welcome, welcome, welcome! I thank Snivy for introducing you to this section. :D I'm also a regular here so you'll see me often here. Feel free to ask any of the RP regs here as well as read the stickies Rika provided, they are more than happy to help you out! :3 we're a really friendly bunch so no worries. :3 I look forward to see you RP :D
MOD of FC&G & battle server // paired to Buoysel & Kanzler // rival of Jeff Gordon
[14:19] Slate...: yes megan is an independent black man who needs no shower & black woman to lead his new transsexual life
Old May 15th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Hey there SkittishHeart! Welcome to the RP Corner! As for RPs you can just browse around and see if there are any you like. Like RHCP said, you can subscribe to the roleplay acceptance thread and find a new RP that way. Great to see a new face here!
Old May 15th, 2012, 03:35 PM
WestsideConnection
Bow Down

Nature: Naughty
So, would anyone be interested in the casual RP that was mentioned last page? If so, I have a few plot/setting ideas, (ALL OF THEM SUCK) which concentrate on character development and are platforms for experienced RP'ers to help new faces.

Idea 1 (Based on concepts of Harvest Moon)

The characters are set in a small village, where hard work is done by hand and the place is self sufficient. Replace the tractors, machines and power tools with hand tools, animal-controlled plows and simple devices. The people have some technology, like electricity. (Not used for farming, woodworking or anything else except lighting houses and businesses, and powering heating and cooling. Each character and NPC has a role to play (Take out the 'to' and you get roleplay, UCWHTIDIDTHER) in making the village self-sufficent and functioning well. The characters would be farmers, ranchers, woodworkers, fishermen, store owners etc. .

Idea 2:

The Characters here are in the world of Pokemon, throughout Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova (We would start in Kanto, then expand if enough interest is around) and play as the people of the Pokemon world, having lifestyles like trainers, breeders, Pokemon nurses, gym leaders, and etc. . You would be free to explore, not bound by a pushing towards a goal by your standard "evil teams" although you can still journey if you please. You can interact as teams, friends, posses and even form "evil teams" if you wish. The choice is up to the character.

Idea 3:

The characters start out by surviving a plane crash. The land on a un-settled island, the only presence being the animals that inhabit this tropical jungle above the ocean and you, the ones who survived the crash. All you have is what was on your person and the plane. Realizing that help may still be a long time away, you decide to create shelter on the island, hoping to survive until you found help. The characters would be normal people who have found themselves cast off. It is your responsibility as a group, or alone if you choose, to get enough to eat, enough water to drink, and get a shelter over your head.

Anyways, do you as the community think any of these would work? If so, which one(s)?
Old May 15th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestsideConnection View Post
So, would anyone be interested in the casual RP that was mentioned last page? If so, I have a few plot/setting ideas, (ALL OF THEM SUCK) which concentrate on character development and are platforms for experienced RP'ers to help new faces.

The characters are set in a small village, where hard work is done by hand and the place is self sufficient. Replace the tractors, machines and power tools with hand tools, animal-controlled plows and simple devices. The people have some technology, like electricity. (Not used for farming, woodworking or anything else except lighting houses and businesses, and powering heating and cooling. Each character and NPC has a role to play (Take out the 'to' and you get roleplay, UCWHTIDIDTHER) in making the village self-sufficent and functioning well. The characters would be farmers, ranchers, woodworkers, fishermen, store owners etc. .

Idea 2:

The Characters here are in the world of Pokemon, throughout Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova (We would start in Kanto, then expand if enough interest is around) and play as the people of the Pokemon world, having lifestyles like trainers, breeders, Pokemon nurses, gym leaders, and etc. . You would be free to explore, not bound by a pushing towards a goal by your standard "evil teams" although you can still journey if you please. You can interact as teams, friends, posses and even form "evil teams" if you wish. The choice is up to the character.

Idea 3:

The characters start out by surviving a plane crash. The land on a un-settled island, the only presence being the animals that inhabit this tropical jungle above the ocean and you, the ones who survived the crash. All you have is what was on your person and the plane. Realizing that help may still be a long time away, you decide to create shelter on the island, hoping to survive until you found help. The characters would be normal people who have found themselves cast off. It is your responsibility as a group, or alone if you choose, to get enough to eat, enough water to drink, and get a shelter over your head.

Anyways, do you as the community think any of these would work? If so, which one(s)?
Hey, the third one sounds like the Lords of the Flies RP you had brought up a few months ago!

Still really interested in that kind of RP, always love a good RP based around the concept of survival. The other ideas are good too, but the third one is the best imo.
Old May 15th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
HELLO! I'm the moderator of the Roleplay Corner and I welcome you with open arms! :D :D :D

Like dearest Red said, it's always great to see new faces and new talent! If you have any questions about anything, I'm usually the best person to ask, but I'm sure any of my lackeys are happy to help as well (like they've said ;D). And I'm a cool girl guy too so if you just want to talk about anything, y'know... *thumbs up*.

@WestsideConnection Harvest Moon RPs will probably never work, imho. Perhaps Rune Factory because they usually have an underlying storyline but Harvest Moon? Nooope. D:

*skulks back to homework*
Moderator of the Roleplay Corner <<
my art blogcommission infoCLOUD v2.0<<
Paired with revlis <<

Last edited by Skymin; May 15th, 2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old May 15th, 2012, 05:19 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Quote:

Idea 2:

Idea 3:

I like idea 2. It'd be like normal everyday life. & an RP with all regions, one at a time, who wouldn't wanna try that? :D I'd join that anytime!

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:01 PM
jackblaze
Greatness = Working Hard

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:

Idea 2:

Idea 3:

Wow I would be really interested in idea 2 or 3 i would sign up for anyone of those. It's always nice to have rps that offer you freedom.
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:17 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
@WestsideConnection: I think the problem with this is that there's a rule against making RPs that literally have no plot and/or end.
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:36 PM
AshenhartKrie
The Electrifying Trainer

Nature: Lonely
yeah i feel like a massive shmuck writing this, but anyway may as well.
Are there any pokemon RP's that still have sign ups? I really want to join one, but all of them already seen pretty established.
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

@WestSideConnection- idea 2 and 3 sounds nice :3 i think i would join those kinds of RP's~

@gunnerpow9- thank youuuuu!! :D for nominating me in the RPA's~ X3
Pair
Roleplays
Deviantart
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
@AshenhartKrie Hey there! There are plenty of RPs around and all you have to do is find one you like and go onto the OOC and ask if there are anymore spots available. Most RPs have open spots and are always open to new players. The GM of a RP will be able to coordinate with you on how to enter the RP. Browse around or you can just wait for a new RP to be posted in this thread. Either way you want to go. If you need help you can PM anyone here. Welcome to the RP Corner!
Old May 15th, 2012, 07:02 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@AshenhartKrie: Pokemon Fallout and Pokemon Trainer Academy are both currently open for sign-ups, and while the latter is very well established it's a sandbox RP, which means there hsouldn't be any reason you can't jump in in the middle. c:
Old May 15th, 2012, 07:09 PM
gunnerpow7
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
So... I guess, no nominations for me then... =c

I'm so narcissistic rn.. xP

@PS - its gunnerpow7... =P
キレイハナ
When the heavy rainfall season ends, it is drawn out by warm sunlight to dance in the open.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

gunnerpow7

☆ paired with MidnightShine, Twihiki_Amias, PachyfcgPC Showdown ☆ Lady Gunner ☆ defunct account ☆
Old May 15th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

@Gunnerpow7- sorry! :D but thank you so very muchhh~

EDIT: @WestSideConnection- you tooo! :D thank you for nominating meee~

I hope my stalking attatitude this week is not getting on someone's nerves? :p teehee~

I've been visiting alot of roleplays lately, and i'm still deciding on wether i should join "Pokemon VR: Game of Chance" or not xD
Pair
Roleplays
Deviantart
Brothers
Sisters
Theme

Last edited by Rose Quartz; May 15th, 2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old May 15th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Frazzevous
I wanna build a snowman~

@Meganium90, Greiger, and Skymin: Hooray for the warm welcomes~ :3 Thank you so much, guys. ^^

@WestsideConnection: I also think Rune Factory would be more role-playable than Harvest Moon. Then maybe Pokemon can take the role of the monsters there.
Avatar and profile picture are from zerochan, and sig is from Google; credits go to the creators.

Old May 15th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
I've been visiting alot of roleplays lately, and i'm still deciding on wether i should join "Pokemon VR: Game of Chance" or not xD
I think VR may have closed sign ups, but definitely ask Red if you're interested.

I was thinking this morning that maybe I should reopen that critique thread. Red had it up when she was moderator but closed it because of dis-interest. Because people seem rather keen on improving and critiquing others, what are your guys thoughts on it? It would be a "only comments on how to make it better" rather than a "would you be interested in this plot" since thats what the discussion thread is for.
Moderator of the Roleplay Corner <<
my art blogcommission infoCLOUD v2.0<<
Paired with revlis <<
Old May 15th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

@Skymin- i will definitly ask her

and i think that it's a good idea to reopen it.
Pair
Roleplays
Deviantart
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old May 16th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
@WestsideConnection: I think the problem with this is that there's a rule against making RPs that literally have no plot and/or end.
But isn't that kind of PTA? From what I've seen of the RP, the plot has literally been lost in whatever interactions the RP has lived on for the past few months. Plus, I'm pretty sure it seems to fulfill the requirements to be a "casual" RP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
I think VR may have closed sign ups, but definitely ask Red if you're interested.

I was thinking this morning that maybe I should reopen that critique thread. Red had it up when she was moderator but closed it because of dis-interest. Because people seem rather keen on improving and critiquing others, what are your guys thoughts on it? It would be a "only comments on how to make it better" rather than a "would you be interested in this plot" since thats what the discussion thread is for.
I'm not too sure, the problem last time around that been that even though there was a separate thread, people continued to use the RP Discussion thread. So I'm not really sure whether the thread would work, but I guess there's no harm in trying.
Old May 16th, 2012, 01:43 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@DeepImpact: ...N-No. Character interaction was part of the plot to begin with... It's called being non-linear. See: Mass Effect, Kotor, and every other game with multiple endings. The actions of characters in the roleplay affects the ultimate outcome. The plot on both the IC thread and OOC thread has always hinted at a finale involving Team Rocket... who currently have at least a dozen child-spies in the academy that are actively trying to figure out why the world's most powerful trainers are all gathered on an island to teach as of a week or two ago. Said spies may also attempt to recruit students into Team Rocket, only unlike on the bridge above Cerulean City there's nothing stopping a character from saying yes.

Also, casual? What the heck, dude? ಠ_ಠ

...Hmm. There's no such thing as a casual roleplay, only 'casual' mindsets--And I dare say some of the best roleplayers in the world are casual. RP isn't necessarily a competition, so you don't necessarily need to be 'hardcore' to be great at it. In fact, the competitive mindset has a tendency to impair someone's ability to RP to the best of their ability. =/ However, in contrast, the cooperative mindset has a tendency to impair someone's ability to improve themselves. Neither is... perfect.

I personally like the terms competitive and cooperative, because they're slightly more accurate words to describe the mindsets in question.

Last edited by PkMnTrainer Yellow; May 16th, 2012 at 02:00 AM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here