• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fan Games on Mac OS X

Renyui!

ascender
Years
  • So I've been a lurker of this particular part of PC for some time, and since a few weeks ago I bought a MacBook Pro, I've been wanting to get into game making, but I think I'm restricted by my OS. Is there some kind of dev kit I can use for Pokemon games, or some way to get RMXP for Mac, even though it is XP?

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    At the moment the only real way of doing it is dual-booting if you wish to use RMXP. But this is in the wrong section so I'm moving it to the Game Development section.

Moved.

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
    Years
  • Well, if you already know how to program, then you could always use C++ and combine it with SDL, but there is no engine for it.

I know Mac has it's own "C" language, Objective C. It might be a little too hard if you don't know how to program at all, but it's the only thing I know you can use. You can always use a cross platform interpreted language, Java, HTML5 (canvas) or Flash. Again, there is no engine for any of those.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • If you wanted, you could run Windows on your Mac using bootcamp and then you could run the programs on that.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
  • Wine works decently enough; im running RPGmaker2003 through it on linux right now.
    only problem is that theres no music.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • I may be a bit late on this thread but you could always purchase Parallels Desktop and install Windows through it so that you can run both OS X and Windows at the same time. It supports dragging and dropping files from each OS. I highly recommend using that.

Back