• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019

Only show by Gainax I saw before was Panty & Stocking w Garterbelt, wasn't too great or horrid but odd to say the very least imo.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

I keep forgetting about that show, I haven;t seen enough of the older Gainax stuff.

Yeah, don't judge Gainax by their recent stuff. They suck now.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

I really think they need to be more subtle with their symbolism, I don't think they know how obvious their symbolism is, like the crosses that appear from defeated Angels, I think that maybe, JUST maybe that might be a Christian reference. I'm not sure, though, it's a little too subtle.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

The Christianity stuff in Eva didn't mean a thing, Anno said he put it in because it would feel mysterious to the Japanese audience.

A Pixy

Cruel?
Years

You bet your face it looked cool. I wonder why everyone who hates Evangelion because it's "pretentious" or whatever and never seems to mention the fact that 40% of the show is giant robots vs. alien monsters from outer space. I mean, it is pretentious, but still. Giant robots.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
NGE was fan abuse at it's finest, and ironically, to me, it has made me view religion as a complete and utter load of BS that was made to frighten the minority as people in high positions pull the strings

remember, the victors write history

also, I think ShinjixRei was a better couple then ShinjixAuska

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

I actually skipped Eva as a show. I started watching the show, then stopped early. I read the manga and then stopped at volume 3. But I did watch You Are (Not) Alone and am planning to watch You Can (Not) Advance because Beautiful World by Utada Hikaru is AMAZING. Also, it's what Dragon Ball Kai should have been (though ideally they would have actually made a remake of the DBZ, but I guess they thought that was too much trouble).

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019

Don't think I heard of Utena before but then again the closest thing to anime I've been involving myself with would have to be Catherine if anything right now lol.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023

Evangelion: The show with many, many plotholes at the end

it ended rather abruptly in my opinion

then I watched a little bit of Eureka Seven, good show

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
51 (most likely ninja'd though)

What was the latest Gainax work I saw...
Oh yeah, that'd be Medaka Box. Can't really blame them for not doing a perfect job there, after all they're trying to make some sense and consistency out of flipping Medaka Box. I would've liked it if they either tried to be more SHAFT or stayed out of it completely, though. It felt sort of half-assed.
Then again, all anime is basically SHAFT-ized nowadays. Not that I'm complaining (yet).
Ahhh Eva. I will finish it, but it's one of those shows that are hard to get into after having taken a break.

Oh well. Have my first actual drawing for an entire week.
Spoiler:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

I've had E7 on hold for years now.

Medaka Box was some horrible source selection. Worst thing I've seen from them, even if I did only watch 1 ep and some of the final fight. Animation was worse than Shana.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023

sexy, Yuza :3
anywho, seems like I'e been blazing through sigs, haven't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back