The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 31st, 2012, 11:35 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gam3r! View Post
:O COMPLETE HOENN ?!!!!! yeeehaw ! I am really anticipating for the final release ! are you going to add music from ruby ?
Yep! So far we've got Littleroot Town, Route 101, Oldale, Route 103 & Petalburg City. I want to try to get the music in but it's kinda complicated, hopefully we can figure something out.

Old July 31st, 2012, 01:44 PM
Gawerty
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
So. It Will be hoenn but like much harder :O and kanto!
Old August 1st, 2012, 04:23 PM
Pokemon Trainer Kevin

Nature: Adamant
I know you guys more than likely will not be adding all 649 Pokemon, but could you possibly add evolutions to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen Pokemon? I mean Pokemon like Electivire, Weavile, Roserade, Mamoswine, etc
Old August 2nd, 2012, 03:47 AM
KurtCobain

Great work in this hack guys! I just want to ask if there is a big prolongation in the release of the hack. Because I can't wait to play, it sound epic
Old August 2nd, 2012, 11:23 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Kevin View Post
I know you guys more than likely will not be adding all 649 Pokemon, but could you possibly add evolutions to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen Pokemon? I mean Pokemon like Electivire, Weavile, Roserade, Mamoswine, etc
These evolutions could be added ( i heard that in rom hacks there is the 386+24 new pokemon space) but if added they will have no cries but..it's up to Suicune and Atif
Also can someone answer this : what will be done with the fly spots ? there are 17-20 in fire red bit in Hoenn ??? can fly spots be added ? or we will not be able to fly in hoenn ?
Old August 2nd, 2012, 12:14 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Hey why not being excited ? It's such a great idea and besides there are many people who loved Hoenn....
Also it will be parts of hoenn right ? not the whole region .Up to which town the hack will go ?
I never was a fan of 2 or more regions in one ROM but as Suicune mentioned, it's interesting idea so I'll be waiting for it =)

Quote:
These evolutions could be added ( i heard that in rom hacks there is the 386+24 new pokemon space) but if added they will have no cries but..it's up to Suicune and Atif
Also can someone answer this : what will be done with the fly spots ? there are 17-20 in fire red bit in Hoenn ??? can fly spots be added ? or we will not be able to fly in hoenn ?
It's actually 25 but it's kinda difficult to handle them...

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 3rd, 2012, 05:58 AM
Tetra
faraway island
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
No flying in Hoenn. The avatar will just appear in the left top corner of the world map.
We can add evolutions but they will not be in the national dex. If we do, I could put a blank cry for them. We are near to finishing the amount of Hoenn that will appear in the upcoming beta. :)
Old August 3rd, 2012, 09:28 AM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by atif View Post
No flying in Hoenn. The avatar will just appear in the left top corner of the world map.
May I recommend a teleporting system like in Touhoumon World Link when I used to play it? In this third region called Java, there was this room under the Pokecenters where there was this system where you would step on a particular tile and be asked to be teleported to whatever the town you want to go is in. This will make it easier for all the players to explore the region.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 09:55 AM
Quickster
Dream or Drop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoppy View Post
May I recommend a teleporting system like in Touhoumon World Link when I used to play it? In this third region called Java, there was this room under the Pokecenters where there was this system where you would step on a particular tile and be asked to be teleported to whatever the town you want to go is in. This will make it easier for all the players to explore the region.
I agree with the idea of teleportation systems. That is, if you dont go adding extra fly positions. There is a thread by LaZ that covers that, I believe. And are you adding maps? It seems tough to have both the islands and Hoenn. But its an interesting idea, cant wait to see how this pans out!

But sometimes I want to come back to it...

Old August 3rd, 2012, 11:13 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Yeah the teleporting feature was also in flora sky..why not adding it ?
Old August 4th, 2012, 01:54 AM
Tetra
faraway island
Community Supporter

I dunno yet... I was thinking something like you talk to someone in a PC and you can teleport to every city and town in Hoenn. So pretty similar. But if we manage to add more flight spots then you will be able to fly to Hoenn like normal.
Old August 4th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Quickster
Dream or Drop?

Oh, here is the link to the flight spot tutorial.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=206197
It was Jambo who did it, as an extension of sorts to LaZ's healing place tutorial. Didnt want you on a wild goose chase.

But sometimes I want to come back to it...

Old August 4th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickster View Post
Oh, here is the link to the flight spot tutorial.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=206197
It was Jambo who did it, as an extension of sorts to LaZ's healing place tutorial. Didnt want you on a wild goose chase.
I was going to search for this so thanks! Hopefully I'll be able to crack it and get some new flight spots in there.

Old August 4th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Tetra
faraway island
Community Supporter

Oh, another problem... We would have to add another world map since there is 4 in FR Kanto and Sevii. Hm...
Old August 4th, 2012, 10:26 AM
xTheAndyx
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Oh, another problem... We would have to add another world map since there is 4 in FR Kanto and Sevii. Hm...
would it be possible to bunch all of the Sevii Islands into one or two maps instead of three to make room for hoenn?
Old August 4th, 2012, 12:48 PM
0shawott
Togepi

I can't remember if the Sevii islands have fly spots, but if they do, could you remove those (since you can use the Seagallop ferries to get from island to island) and then if there aren't enough for all of the towns in Hoenn then have fly spots for various towns that are spread out across Hoenn (so not Mauville and Vendanturf, because it is very easy to get between them). Then you wouldn't have to implement more fly spots, or a teleportation system.

★oshawottpiplup★
Old August 5th, 2012, 06:37 AM
blagoo
Beginning Trainer

oh i forgot to ask if you are planning to add battle frontier as in the third generation game

realy cool project hope you finish it soon

Last edited by blagoo; August 5th, 2012 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 5th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Jasmin88

I just wanna wish you luck in this project, and also to ask will breeding and bicycle be in the game?

Old August 5th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Tetra
faraway island
Community Supporter

Battle Frontier will take a pile of ASM to work in FR. And there is breeding and bicycle in FR too. However the Fronteir Brains could appear around Hoenn.
Old August 5th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Ach7AC
Mime Jr.

Quote:
Battle Frontier will take a pile of ASM to work in FR. And there is breeding and bicycle in FR too. However the Fronteir Brains could appear around Hoenn.
Sorry to barge in uninvited, but why not make the Battle Frontier more anime-style? As in, put the facilities hidden around Kanto and only available until the player has defeated Steven at Hoenn? Would be interesting as a Kanto-expansion.
Old August 7th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ach7AC View Post
Sorry to barge in uninvited, but why not make the Battle Frontier more anime-style? As in, put the facilities hidden around Kanto and only available until the player has defeated Steven at Hoenn? Would be interesting as a Kanto-expansion.
I will agree with the anime styled battle frontier because an additional battle frontier like the one in emerald which is like a sub-region would be too much.Though i don't pretty much care about battle frontier...
Old August 7th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Tetra
faraway island
Community Supporter

We don't want too many things in our hack at once but we will definately put it in consideration. :DD
Old August 8th, 2012, 12:46 PM
macb
Beginning Trainer

whats the status on the game guys?
Old August 9th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Tetra
faraway island
Community Supporter

U'm, we've done half of Route 104 and Petalburg Forest, I should be done soon!
Old August 9th, 2012, 06:56 AM
0shawott
Togepi

Quote:
U'm, we've done half of Route 104 and Petalburg Forest, I should be done soon!
Sounds great, any news on whether or not the 4th gen evolutions will be in, along with the Hoenn music? Also, did you see my post about the fly spots?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0shawott View Post
I can't remember if the Sevii islands have fly spots, but if they do, could you remove those (since you can use the Seagallop ferries to get from island to island) and then if there aren't enough for all of the towns in Hoenn then have fly spots for various towns that are spread out across Hoenn (so not Mauville and Vendanturf, because it is very easy to get between them). Then you wouldn't have to implement more fly spots, or a teleportation system.

★oshawottpiplup★
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here