• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Most Disappointing Pokémon You Have Used From The Fifth Generation

Years
Hi,

A rock type is always slower than a "lighter" type.

Is there an item in game which reverse the gravity ? (it seems to me that the little girl said this) the girl who leave with the friend of keteleria. But I am probably wrong.

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
Hi,

A rock type is always slower than a "lighter" type.

Is there an item in game which reverse the gravity ? (it seems to me that the little girl said this) the girl who leave with the friend of keteleria. But I am probably wrong.

There's a move called Trick Room, when you use it, slower pokemon move first.
There's also two items called Iron Ball and Lagging tail, they both make the holder move last, so you can Trick it into your opponent.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
blitzle... well kinda i mean it's a good attacker and it looks cool but it's defense is crap!!!

i used it once and it was hard to use because it would get knocked out really easily but it could knock out things nicely!

Really? Zebstrika was one of my favorites. It didn't matter if it was fragile if you're already really fast and could outspeed most things.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2020
I once thought Klinklang would be a decent pokemon to rack up kills with, but it turned out to be rubbish and down the box it went.

Years
I once thought Klinklang would be a decent pokemon to rack up kills with, but it turned out to be rubbish and down the box it went.

Yeah, I remember training one and it was a pain.

The entire line only learns Steel, Normal and Electric-type moves, has higher Attack stat than Sp. Attack and it only gets ONE PHYSICAL STAB MOVE, which unfortunately has low BP and is slightly inaccurate.

I mean, it's not even Electric-type yet it learns all these Electric moves. I mean, stuff like Thunderbolt, Charge Beam, Zap Cannon, Volt Switch, Thundershock etc.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Someone over at the team thread has indicated Purrloin will be on the final team. I don't mean this to come across as a gambling wager, but I'd put money down on whether Purrloin serves an integral part of the final team. There are a couple of TMs that give a STAB for it, but Liepard does not stand up to Zoroark despite being the same type.

Cyclone

Yeah, Poorloin is pretty bad. Liepard's 88 Base Attack is loltastingly bad late game, and it's level-up is pathetic.

Plus there are so many better Dark types in this game (Scrafty, Krookodile, Zoroark) that I can't see why anyone would want to use Liepard (unless it's his/her favourite Pokemon or whatever).

But Zoroark isn't actually in the game!

Liepard is at least better than Mightyena. If only it learned some better moves...

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016

Liepard is at least better than Mightyena. If only it learned some better moves...
Au contraire. If you have an Event Celebi, get the little boy Zorua in Castelia City; turns out they're friends (keep a free slot in your party, it has to physically join the party). Got an Event Shiny Entei, Suicine, or Raikou? Head for the woman in the trailer at Lostlorn Forest; this Zoroark comes at Lv.25. Or even if you can do those (or not), just trade for an Egg (in your own Trainer ID when hatched) or a baby (in another Trainer ID, it levels up quicker).

There are three available ways to get your Zorua/Zoroark. Do whatever one you like best and train it. It can come in handy for sneak purposes at first, in fact, as it comesout disguised as a Pokémon in your party when you go to battle, throwing off the opponent's battle strategy and could essentially give you a free hit for a couple of turns until they figure it out.

Cyclone

rubin

czytała Krystyna Czubówna
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 15, 2014

Well, you technically don't have to know anyone to have a Zorua in your game. It's very easy to get through the GTS, seeing as there is a boy that shows you a picture of Zorua in Castelia.

Mightyena's worse? Meh, at least it has Intimidate.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Yeah, I remember training one and it was a pain.

The entire line only learns Steel, Normal and Electric-type moves, has higher Attack stat than Sp. Attack and it only gets ONE PHYSICAL STAB MOVE, which unfortunately has low BP and is slightly inaccurate.

I mean, it's not even Electric-type yet it learns all these Electric moves. I mean, stuff like Thunderbolt, Charge Beam, Zap Cannon, Volt Switch, Thundershock etc.

tbh the fact that it wasn't part electric turned me off from using it, actually. Originally that was the disappointing factor for me, rather than how strong it apparently isn't. :(

Chaos Fork

Anything Goes
Years
Tough one, two of my all time faves r in this generation

Here's my list
Woobat line: horrible zubat
Alomomola: expected it to be an evo of luvdisc
ALL of the musketeers: bad movepools and low stats for legends
Hydreigon: (I will be sent to hell for this) LEVEL64?!!
Trubbish: a pile of @#£*%
All atarters ecept oshawott: HORRIBLE design
BAST--i mean basculin: take a guess (it was my first legit shiny tho)

Last edited:

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
For me it was Swoobat! I raised it from and from level 5 and by level 49 it special attack was only 110 ... compared to my, for example, Arcanine which is a pysical attacker...Eventually I dropped him in my box and use a manaphy I recently got from pkmn ranger for the elite four... Don't worry I raised him from lv 1 :D

I.T.

The Pokémon Cartel
Years
Quite a few actually. Keep in mind when I first purchased PKMN White, I knew NOTHING about their stats. Here are my responses in quotes.

-Emboar
"Why is this thing so damn slow?!"

-Zebstrika
"If you faint because of another water pulse attack I swear.."

-Heatmor
"Aren't you ever gonna evolve?"

Last edited:

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Zebstrika. It looked so cool but it was ridiculously fragile. Don't 1HKO the opposing Pokemon and he's gone. Seriously, he was dying from water attacks. Still love him though <3

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Swoobat.. It's extreamely terrible in my mind. i used it for my black run-through, and it was crap. i only kept it because it was the fastest on my team at the time.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Reuniclus. I spent so much time raising them in White and then again in White 2 only to be bitterly reminded that they're so, so slow.

Also Beartic because its abilities are terrible.

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
Cryognal.
I thought it looked pretty neat, but he didn't really preform as well as I hoped he would have.

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
Pansear, Purrloin, Ducklett..
My disappointment in Pansear was probably my fault. I evolved it, not knowing it learned nothing after it's evolution.
Purrloin was too fragile, even after it evolved. It's speed didn't make up for it, and it was only average offensively.
Ducklett was a weak little thing, which went away when it evolved. As Swanna, it is average everywhere; that's all I can say. There was nothing that stood out about it, nothing special. It had no strong points.

Years
Reuniclus. I spent so much time raising them in White and then again in White 2 only to be bitterly reminded that they're so, so slow.

Reuniclus may be very slow, but it's a plus if Trick Room is used.

Its high Special Attack makes it a common Trick Room threat in OU, with its good movepool and stats to get it going. Tested one myself and if trained right it can be deadly not to mention most of the Psychic-types in-game have pretty good stats.

Last edited:
Back