• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Doesn't B/W give you nostalgia?

Mentalii

Back
Years
No nostalgia for me. Or, nostalgia in the sense that almost each time I play BW I remember how better the former games were to my mind :P Otherwise, I don't feel nostalgia for a so recent game yet.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Nostalgia is the feeling I get when I play one of the early generation games, like Yellow or Crystal. It does give me a sense of being a kid again, but nostalgia isn't what I'm experiencing.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
No.

This does. Also brings a tear to my eye. Figuratively. Music never makes me cry, but there are some that make me feel like it.

Last edited:

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
No, no nostalgia, it's too new :P To me was just another new Pokemon game, and I get a fresh clean feeling for each new game. Maybe in many years I'll feel nostalgic for BW, but not now.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I did experience it. It is just starting a new adventure, walking down route 1 and running into all those route 1 Pokemon and all that stuff makes the memories flood back. :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
It did give me some kind of chill. Like the feeling you have when you grab your gameboy after coming home from school and playing pokemon red. In my expirence, i DID get a little nostligia when i saw the animated spirte of the GEN I pokemon.

Back