• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Flames of an Illusion

Shadow Lugia-XD001

eXtra Dimension
Years
Disclaimer: Yes this is a sequel to Pokemon XD. It probably sucks but hey! Might as well try it out.

Rated PG 13 for violence and crude humor.

Let's go!

Prologue
Spoiler:

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
This 'prologue' reads more like the games' summaries, which isn't very creative at all. There's no imaginative incentive here, making the story a bit boring considering most people would know the plots of Colosseum/XD. The only thing I can really gather from this prologue is that Cipher is on the move, but other than that, there aren't any characters, no events, no anything, to be completely honest. When you write a prologue you want to include something so that it shows its significance. If it's just a synopsis, what's the point, especially if they're summaries of games and not your story? Besides, prologues typically show a significant event that is pivotal in your story. The relation to your story is completely up to you, but there should be something going on.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
My prolouge is for backstory mostly. Nothing new.
Yeah, you look like you missed the whole point of my post. Most readers will be somewhat familiar with the plots of Colo/XD, so they aren't needed nor are they entirely relevant to the story other than that it's the same evil team. That's what I gathered from the prologue, anyway.

Back