• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm enchanting these lovely people with my beautiful voice.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Do you ever sing in public? By public, I mean anywhere outside of your house.
    If so, why do you sing in public? If not, why not?
    Are there any conditions that would have to be met in order for you to pucker up the courage to sing?
    Additionally, do you lip sync?
    Do you ever dramatically lip sync or make facial expressions and dance and all that good stuff?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Does singing inside my car count

If I'm around people I'm comfortable with singing around with. If I'm not comfortable the most I do is hum or lip sync. So the answer to the lip syncing question is yes, I do. I don't remember the last time I did it dramatically though.

Years
  • I sing A LOT. I don't really think about it, it just kind of happens...
    But I don't sing like I'm trying really hard to sing, I just kind of sing badly/normally (it's hard for me to put into words so hopefully you all get it?!)

However, I don't sing when I'm around a group of strangers/in a class with people I don't want to weird out etc. But in the cafeteria at my table when I'm surrounded by friends? (and with tables nearby with unknown people) Sure!

Occasionally I'll lip sync, but not usually to music, and almost always as a part of a joke haha.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I sing quite a lot but I don't have a good singing voice, I just don't care how it sounds haha. I sing to myself at home when music's on and I join other people singing in public, but I wouldn't necessarily sing on stage or something because I know I'm not talented at it and I don't have the knowledge of how to use your voice well for singing. But in public I'll sing whenever, I don't care if it sounds bad if it's just for fun haha.

Years
  • I don't sing in public. I only sing in the shower or in the car by myself. I have a horrible singing voice.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Never sang in public before, my voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard. D=

I lip sync all the time though. Whenever I'm in the train, I start lip syncing with the music I'm listening to. It's fun, you should try it!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 25, 2012
    Oh yes.

I sing all the time in public, usually only when I'm by myself though, like in the car or walking down the street. I'll make the facial expressions if I'm getting really into it, but no dancing haha.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I often do it at school and on a pretty regular basis. It's usually at lunch time because they play modern music over the loud speaker for three-fourths of the period. I don't lip sync - I sing loudly enough for the people around me to hear, and I can't help but contort my face in some odd fashion because they usually laugh at me and I can't hold my own laughter in long enough to get a few words out.

Other than school, I might hum a tune if I'm out strolling, but other than that I don't.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Definately not. I won't sing in private or in public: I know that I sound terrible.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    In the comfort of my sweet home, I sing. But outside, no. My sister has the voice, but I have the drawing/writing thing going on. We're opposites. I sing horribly.

As for lip syncing, I do that a lot. For fun, me and my sister make videos of me lip syncing to her voice. So yeah, end of story.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
    Years
  • I typically sing or lip sync when I'm alone. Often in my car. I hate my voice and I really don't know how I sound singing... and I don't want to know.

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
    Years
  • No No No I know I can't sing very well so I only sing in the house when I'm alone.

Years
  • Not really.
    I might hum or mouth it every so often, but I only sing in my house. Reason being, someone might not want to hear me singing, so I don't bother people with it! XD​

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
    Years
  • I never sing or dance. At all. Well ok i sometimes sing but not using my real voice. For some reason i feel stupid singing. And i just plain hate dancing. Ironic considering i want to make a band and be a musician XD

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • I do but only when i'm alone or if I know nobody would be able to hear me.
    I don't know if i'm any good at it since you can't quite judge yourself very well with that kind if thing,and i've never given anyone else the chance to. (Due to them not hearing me xp.)
    Similarly to Sandshrew4 I would like to be in a band,I love music and it looks like a lot of fun.
    Not one of those pansy bands like justin beiber,or hanna montana though.I'm talkin' rockstar like Ax7,Ludo,or My Chemical Romance,the softest I'm going is something close to The Beatles. X)

Ps.Sandshrew,I'll join! :D

Back