The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Discussions & Debates

Notices

Discussions & Debates The place to go for slightly more in-depth topics. Discussions and debates about the world, current events, ideas, news, and more.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 11th, 2012 (11:54 AM).
Franceschi
a.k.a justin timberlake

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Franceschi Send a message via Skype™ to Franceschi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessAurora View Post
I think its a to young of an age to be worrying about bf/gf. Your still a kid enjoy the life of playing having fun etc. well you still can. Belive it or not having a boyfriend or girlfriend is a lot of work and responsibility and no ten year old will actually love love love someone. We all misunderstand the word love and the meaning of it. I think at a kid age love is puppy love. And just the thought of kids... doing something scares me lol. Anyways I think its just better to have lots of friends enjoy the youth and be glad you don't have a million things u got to do.
It's impossible to say that "kid age love is puppy love" because your perception and opinion of what love is is constantly changing. Yes, you'll probably look back on your teenage relationships and think "I wasn't really in love with them" but at the time, it does feel like love and if that's what you feel you're experiencing, then that's what you are.

I pretty much agree with all of Will's post, especially that relationships a little earlier in life set you up for successful future relationships. It's worth having some fun when you're young and enjoying yourself and enjoying just spending time with someone you genuinely really care about. It means you can set yourself a realistic standard of relationship that you can aim to find in the future and that's a really good thing.

Old October 11th, 2012 (02:04 PM).
GoddessAurora
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
Wait. Wait. Wait. Having a relationship means you no longer can have fun? How on earth do you come to that conclusion?
What I ment is have fun no responsibility. Not many kids realize what the word love means. Like what it really means. Its not just something u can have fun with then not deal with the hard times of love after the fun. Its a big responsibility is what I meant. And that as a kid enjoy not having huge responsibility unless u really want to go into that. Alot of relationships is a lot of drama that kids should not be going through in that time of their life =/.

My Friend code is : 2709 9435 2500.
Old October 13th, 2012 (01:43 AM).
Destiny
All the lights in the sky...

Nature: Lonely
Being 11 myself, I thought I'd like to offer my views - which probably don't count for much - about this matter.
As I am only 11, and not even a teenager yet, most would consider me "too young" for a relationship, but the way I see it is this: If you believe you are responsible, mature and you understand what you are entering in to, then it is up to you to decide whether you are serious enough about it. It will vary from person to person, but the one thing you have to ask yourself before entering a relationship is this; "Do I really love her/him?" Think about it. Think for as long as it takes. Think as hard as possible. Don't rush in to an answer, because you "think" that might be it, make sure that you are adamant on your decision.

As a side note, I can't actually offer anything about being in a relationship as the few times I worked up the courage to ask someone out, they rejected/friendzoned me anyway. I guess I'm just not very attractive...

Destiny out.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links