• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Can't Breed Chansey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
  • Hi guys, first, let me start off by apologizing if this thread is in an inproper forum/sub-forum.

I was told a few days ago that Chansey can only be bred with Ditto or other Fairy-type pokemon. (i.e Clefairy)

I tried breeding a male Clefairy with my Chansey last night, and the old man in Solaceon told me they didn't seem to like eachother. I gave it a good hour or so in between talking, and their behavior didn't seem to change.

My source comes from the Bulbapedia and Serebii forums where numerous people have assured me that Chansey could in fact breed with a Clefairy or any other type of pokemon in the fairy category.

Can someone please explain to me what I'm doing wrong? I assume it's fake, since I already tried, and I could always use Ditto, but I don't want to go through so much trouble just for an Igglybuff. Thanks for the assistance.

-PiemanFiddy

#isthenumbersign
    Years
  • You can still get an egg from "They don't seem to like each other." Their behavior won't change. Just keep riding in an out of the town, that's what I do. Only if they prefer to play with other Pokemon will there be no egg.

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
    Years
  • You can still get an egg from "They don't seem to like each other." Their behavior won't change. Just keep riding in an out of the town, that's what I do. Only if they prefer to play with other Pokemon will there be no egg.

Thank you for clarifying this for me. I wasn't sure if that text had something to do with whether they would breed or not. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back