• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Blog Subscriptions - Easier Access

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
  • I don't know if this is just me being nitpicky/lazy or if anyone else agrees with me on this, but I think its really hard to get to the blog subscriptions page. You have to do this whole process of blog list ->blog control panel-> blog subscriptions, sometimes longer depending on the theme. Instead why not have a little panel for blog subscriptions.
    Example:
    Spoiler:
    '
    What do you guys think?

Years
    • Seen today
    I wasn't originally going to reply to this thread because I didn't have much else to say other than that I like this suggestion, which was why I liked your post, but the amount of requests to add things to drop down lists got me thinking.

What if there was a way that members can, on their own, have a custom drop down list with their own necessary links? While necessary to some, not everyone needs most of the links that we have in shortcuts bar and there are some people who would probably prefer to have links to easier access different areas of the forum.

If there was an option in our forum settings that allowed us to paste the link of a place on the forum into a new drop down in the navigation bar called User Links or something like that, I think that it would be used by a lot of members. There would be a limit to five (or more, depending on whatever someone decides), and the links that the member pastes into the text field would appear as "Link 1," "Link 2," etc. The areas on the forum are pretty self explanatory if you look at the URL of the destination, so it wouldn't be a necessity to add titles of their own that correlate the link so long as the status bar is viewable on a browser. The only problem is is that I have no idea how to implement it, and I'm not really sure if it's something that would be much importance to code. But I just thought it was worth mentioning, while we're on the subject of convenience.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Yes, I had to go on the help section just to know how to subscribe to a blog. This would really help alot.

Back