The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 15th, 2012, 09:22 AM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I don't really restart my 2 DS games since my Heart Gold is my main game and leveling my Pokemon, completeing the Pokedex and whatnot.

Same goes for my Diamond, It's my breeding center that I use with my Starter Adoption thread.

As for my FireRed, I'm using it for challenges, so that's the game I'm using for to restart
Old December 18th, 2012, 07:08 AM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
I never restart any of my Pokemon games unless if they reset themselves. If I want to start a new game, I use an emulator or ROM (this goes for every game unless if they have more than one save file)

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old December 19th, 2012, 01:57 AM
Forever
let it go

Not that much in Generation Five given that I value my Pokemon (except when SRing for Victini)! Nor did I at all in Generation Four because I only had two of those games and starting all over again would mean a lot of trading. ;( BUT IN GENERATION THREE I RESET RUBY AND SAPPHIRE A LOT and that's why I'm sick of them :(
Old December 19th, 2012, 02:27 AM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

Nature: Calm
I barely restart. I only restart when I haven't played the game in a while or if my Pokemon sucks. :3

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old December 19th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Randall Raichu
Shocking....Isn't It?

Nature: Quirky
I restart once every two-three years usually. I fill the Pokedex, transfer certain Pokemon to other games, then restart and play through and add to the Pokedex.
Old December 19th, 2012, 05:48 PM
ThatSuperHappyCloud
Cloud

Nature: Serious
never WIFI is my focus, I beat the story just coz I have to to get everywere, if I really feel the need to restart I buy a new cartridge or get the ROM I have 3 black 1 games

http://www.youtube.com/user/JrLxGaming?feature=mhee

signature and avatar made by me
Old December 19th, 2012, 07:17 PM
The Grubby Pup
Where's mah shiny squeaky ball

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to The Grubby Pup
I restart all the time. Especially when I get bored with mah Pokemon. I don't be doing any of that online battling and stuff, so I don't try to max out their stats. And I never really cared about filling up the pokedex.
Old December 21st, 2012, 08:09 AM
Bigbazz
Unhatched Egg

I usually never restart, going back to when I played the game hardcore we have to look at Red/Yellow/Gold.

Back then I had 3 copies of yellow (2 were borrowed from friends who just never asked for them back), 1 red and when it was released I had 1 gold. I would restart the Red + 2 copies of yellow but never my original yellow (save game is still alive, don't know how long it will last though). As for gold... I still had my original save file this year, but when I turned it on today I found that the battery had run out and my save was gone, disapointing as I had put in hundreds of hours catching the 3 legendary dogs and training my team etc.

So I just started my new game on Pokemon Gold today, I replaced the battery inside the cartidge... Almost makes me wish I had got Silver, so that I could transfer the pokemon between each every couple of years, replace the battery and start new, that way I could be almost sure to never lose them.

Moving on to Black 2, I still havent finished my original playthrough, don't own any other generation 5 games so will not be able to restart my game without losing my pokemon, I would like to though playing through with a dream team was one of the biggest reasons to restart. Playing Red with Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Gyarados/Abra ready was definitely I enjoyed doing. Seems I have no way of doing it with current generations, as i'd need another ds and 5th gen game.

Last edited by Bigbazz; December 21st, 2012 at 08:14 AM.
Old December 21st, 2012, 11:03 AM
Arlo

I don't restart as often as I used to.

With the third gen (my first), I ended up trading all the good stuff into Emerald, and I've restarted Sapphire and Fire Red (my two favorites) I-have-no-idea-how-many times. I did the same thing with DPPt - trading the good stuff into Platinum - but I've only restarted Diamond twice and Pearl once. I never really got into HGSS. With the fifth, I just beat the E4 for the first time in White a week or two ago, and am now early in my first playthrough of Black, so there's no telling, though I'm having enough fun that I'm sure I'll restart at least one of them sometime.
Old December 21st, 2012, 11:14 AM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
In Generation 2 I restarted a lot because either I was finished with the run or I just felt like it. Now with the newer games like Generations 4 and 5, it's impossible for me to restart because I've obtained/breeded a lot of Pokemon (especially rare ones) and it just forces me to get a new game. xD

DARRELL WALLACE JR.
mudsummer classic 2014 winner | eldora speedway, ohio | july 23, 2014
moderator of fan clubs & groups | battle server moderator

[22:39] ★srinator: ur sig would become so much more better with my name on it
Shining Armour
leave of absence ~ july 26 to aug 3
Old December 27th, 2012, 12:16 PM
DowntownDumpling

Nature: Quiet
-Yellow: Once, because I got it back from my friend after selling it to him and didn't like what he'd done with my file.
-Crystal: I've restarted about 10 times, always either because of getting bored, having beaten the game, or the battery running out of power.
-Sapphire: Never restarted while I owned it.
-Ruby: Never.
-Emerald: Twice - once to prove to myself that I could restart a game I'd gotten incredibly far in and once to start a mono-Pokemon challenge.
-LeafGreen: Once, because I found it after years lost and didn't like the fact that I was named "Ketchum."
-Colosseum: I have two memory cards. On one, I've kept the same file since I started, but on the other I've restarted twice.
-XD: Same as Colosseum.
-Mystery Dungeon Blue: Once.
-Pearl: Never.
-SoulSilver: Three times, all for monotype challenges.
-Black: Never.
-Black 2: Never.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links